Photo

Nordiques Nation to come back to your town!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

I second that.

And I third that. They are terrible human beings.

#42 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Nords fans > Habs fans

The Nords were great at the Ruins game. The Habs fans at the last MTL game at The Rock last season? Worst road fans ever. fvck those people.

I thirdfourth that. (DevsMan84 beat me to it)

They beat us that game and in the concourse there was a group of like 10-15 that was chanting "Devils suck" or something like that while devils fans walked past with our tails between our legs.

Edited by lucifer91, 29 September 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

#43 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I thirdfourth that. (DevsMan84 beat me to it)

They beat us that game and in the concourse there was a group of like 10-15 that was chanting "Devils suck" or something like that while devils fans walked past with our tails between our legs.

The douches in front of us turned around and screamed the lyrics of O Canada in our faces, then sat down and talked (loudly) during the Star Spangled Banner. Flyers fans are oafs and Rangers fans are arrogant, but these Habs fans? I've never hated a group of sports fans as much as I hated this one at that moment.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

The douches in front of us turned around and screamed the lyrics of O Canada in our faces, then sat down and talked (loudly) during the Star Spangled Banner. Flyers fans are oafs and Rangers fans are arrogant, but these Habs fans? I've never hated a group of sports fans as much as I hated this one at that moment.

What pisses me off about them is that they are the biggest and most passive-aggressive fvcks I have ever met. They will compliment you while laughing and then basically spit in your face at the same time.

Even their supposed jokes intended to be just fun are really thinly-veiled insults.

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Nords fans > Habs fans

The Nords were great at the Ruins game. The Habs fans at the last MTL game at The Rock last season? Worst road fans ever. fvck those people.

I was at that Montreal game, and I second that. They were awful.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#46 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

What pisses me off about them is that they are the biggest and most passive-aggressive fvcks I have ever met. They will compliment you while laughing and then basically spit in your face at the same time.

Even their supposed jokes intended to be just fun are really thinly-veiled insults.

Spot on. Every time the Habs scored, they'd turn around to obnoxiously dance in our faces and then say "You're our friend" and try to high-five us.

To get back on topic, the Nordique fans are the polar opposites of this. I almost wish they'd come down for more games.
Posted Image

#47 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Good point. I was with a friend of mine who is an Asian girl. The four pricks near us were pretty much racist and they were even talking crap about this dude's kids who were right next to us, and my friend was nail gripping my arm to stop from saying something. That father got pissed and went to security. Didnt hear those guys make another peep after that besides standard cheering.

That whole incident I described above happened within 15 mins of us sitting down.

#48 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

I had the same experience with the guys in front of us at that Habs game. Man, are they a bunch of obnoxious a-holes. The talking/booing our national anthem, and outright rude behavior was uncalled for. I almost got into a fight when they showedan American Soldier returning from Iraq on the scoreboard and the Habs fan wearing a Gomez jersey (no joke) in front of me stood and gave him the Hitler salute. A security guard calmed things down, but they still were pretty obnoxious the rest of the game.
Posted Image

#49 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I had the same experience with the guys in front of us at that Habs game. Man, are they a bunch of obnoxious a-holes. The talking/booing our national anthem, and outright rude behavior was uncalled for. I almost got into a fight when they showedan American Soldier returning from Iraq on the scoreboard and the Habs fan wearing a Gomez jersey (no joke) in front of me stood and gave him the Hitler salute. A security guard calmed things down, but they still were pretty obnoxious the rest of the game.

Oh man, I almost forgot about that. While the soldier was on the jumbotron and anyone with half an ounce of decency tried to welcome him home, the fvcktards by me took it as their cue to loudly trash George W. Bush. It made me think of that scene in Animal House. They can't say that about our former President! Only WE can say that about our former President!!
Posted Image

#50 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Habs fans are worse than Rangers fans.

Seriously.

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

What a fvcking a$$hole. I wonder if anyone stopped to remind him the guy who's jersey he was wearing is an American.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#52 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

At least this game will be a sell out now.

#53 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

They are out scouting. Devils are a very possible transfer because they are broke.

#54 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Love them, I bought a shirt to support them after that game. I would root for them if they got a franchise as my second team.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#55 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

Sorry about the "October mistake"... I did not have much time this morning.
I'm also glad some persons pointed out that the Nordiques Nation is not going to visit teams that could move to Quebec.
That's not the purpose. And yes of course they will cheer for the Devils! :)
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#56 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

They are out scouting. Devils are a very possible transfer because they are broke.

It'd be much more difficult to move the Devils because of the way they're tied to the arena. Some of the other struggling teams would be more likely to move in the near future.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#57 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

I would say that the Islanders are in more of a threat then the Devils are no?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

lol yeah, the Devils are going to move when they have like a 25-year lease in a terrific arena, and a 15 or so year TV deal worth a crapload of Cablevision money. LD must rely on the Post for his info.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#59 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'd take Nordiques fans over those Habs fans any day. At least the Nordiques fans are respectful and a fun bunch of people. They cheered for our team, yet some of us are complaining about them visiting the Rock? It's a lot better than being embarrassed in our own home arena like that game against the Habs. We have GOT to find a way to fill our building with DEVILS fans and prevent that sh!t from happening again.

Edited by soulartist23, 29 September 2011 - 10:52 PM.

"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#60 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Why doesn't someone in the Devils organization reach out to Nordique Nation and offer them tickets to a Habs game? THAT would be fun! :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users