#21 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Larsson on the team, Bernier turns down two way per TG
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#22 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

I was all for Bernier, but if he can't crack our line up with the amount of depth we have at right wing then maybe he shouldn't be in the NHL.

Looking at our lineup am actually slightly concerned for the season ahead. I can see us getting pushed around a hell of a lot.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#23 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

I was all for Bernier, but if he can't crack our line up with the amount of depth we have at right wing then maybe he shouldn't be in the NHL.

Looking at our lineup am actually slightly concerned for the season ahead. I can see us getting pushed around a hell of a lot.

We have Clarky, Janssen, and Boulton.. Would trading for Dan Carcillo make you happy? lol.. I think this will be the first season in a while that we have guys willing to defend our top payers

Edited by Colin226, 03 October 2011 - 06:39 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#24 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

We have Clarky, Janssen, and Boulton.. Would trading for Dan Carcillo make you happy? lol.. I think this will be the first season in a while that we have guys willing to defend our top payers

It depends if those players play to the roles they are supposed to fill. Clarkson seems to get 1/3 of the way through the season and suddenly forget what he is there for and starts all the toe draging and wrap arounds.

Boulton and Janssen will play the role but how many minutes do you actually want them playing? Because they will no doubt both end up on the 4th line, and they will probably get scored on.

We have physical players but i don't think it runs through the team. I hope Palmieri works out what he is there to do.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#25 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

It depends if those players play to the roles they are supposed to fill. Clarkson seems to get 1/3 of the way through the season and suddenly forget what he is there for and starts all the toe draging and wrap arounds.

Are you suggesting that Clarky fight? Because with him being off the fourth line, he'll be on a line with some scoring ability, and the last thing we need is for him to be in the box for 5 minutes at a time. I agree, he's not here to be a toe-dragging finesse player, but he's also not needed to fight. He just needs to be tough on the puck and finish his checks without getting penalties.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#26 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

With Boulton and Janssen around, there is really no need at all for Clarkson to fight at all this year. He needs to concentrate more on getting in front of the net and staying there and making it difficult for the other teams' goalies and defense.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#27 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Per Rich Chere on Twitter - all devils cleared waivers, Pelley and Fraser will stay with NJ, everyone else assigned to Albany.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT.

I am so not a Pelly fan. WTF? I just so disagree with Lou on certain players. It's almost as if he doesn't' really understand what makes his great players great, you know?

and fraser :puke: whaaatever <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn, 04 October 2011 - 11:47 AM.

I'm here for the party

#29 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

so...we have to actually TRADE them to get rid of them now? that is, if someone will take them that way either....:unsure:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#30 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Pelly and Fraser don't count against the cap correct?

#31 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

I believe they both do. One-way contracts right?

#32 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Why wouldn't we just put Jannsen in minors and sign Petr?

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,613 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

I believe they both do. One-way contracts right?

a one way contract has nothing to do with a player counting against the cap. a one way contract just means a player makes the same salary in the NHL and AHL, whereas a two way contract means a player will earn less if he is assigned to the AHL.

pelley and fraser are both currently on the roster.

HOI: no idea, but my guess is that NJ wants to clear a player off their reserve list before signing either stralman or sykora.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

at least zharkov didnt get claimed

#35 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

Are you suggesting that Clarky fight? Because with him being off the fourth line, he'll be on a line with some scoring ability, and the last thing we need is for him to be in the box for 5 minutes at a time. I agree, he's not here to be a toe-dragging finesse player, but he's also not needed to fight. He just needs to be tough on the puck and finish his checks without getting penalties.

Not at all, i don't rate him overly much as a fighter either, but i like the fact he is willing to drop them. What i want him to do is remember for a whole season his game is aound the net, getting in peoples face and throwing some checks.

He plays very effectivley for periods in the season, then trys to hard and stops doing the simple things which make him effective.

And thats what i think this team lacks, and has done for a while. And i don't think adding 1 player to the 4th line solves this problem.

Posted Image

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,273 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

HOI: no idea, but my guess is that NJ wants to clear a player off their reserve list before signing either stralman or sykora.

So once again Lou handcuffs himself, normally it's with the cap and no-trade clauses, this year it's with number of contracts and needing to have a backup goon.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 October 2011 - 03:16 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#37 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

so as for now without the unsigned tryouts this is what we have

Parise - Elias - Tedenby
Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri
Henrique - Josefson - Clarkson
Mills - Steckel - Janssen

Greene - Larsson
Tallinder - Fayne
Salvador - Volchenkov

Brodeur - Hedberg

i'd be alright with heading in the season with that lineup, i don't see Sykora or Stralman that big of an update and would handcuff us more than help i think

www.SterioDesign.com

#38 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

so as for now without the unsigned tryouts this is what we have

Parise - Elias - Tedenby
Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri
Henrique - Josefson - Clarkson
Mills - Steckel - Janssen

Greene - Larsson
Tallinder - Fayne
Salvador - Volchenkov

Brodeur - Hedberg

i'd be alright with heading in the season with that lineup, i don't see Sykora or Stralman that big of an update and would handcuff us more than help i think

Id put Sykora in over Henrique personally. Sykora can play left. He shoots left.

Other then that I would be completely confident in that line up. Like I said, I really like what I saw from Larsson placed with Greene and really hoping that Salvador gets back into the groove. From what I saw of him this pre-season and what he has publicly stated, he is ready for the task.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#39 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Id put Sykora in over Henrique personally. Sykora can play left. He shoots left.

Other then that I would be completely confident in that line up. Like I said, I really like what I saw from Larsson placed with Greene and really hoping that Salvador gets back into the groove. From what I saw of him this pre-season and what he has publicly stated, he is ready for the task.

thats probably whats gonna happen (if something happen) but i dont want Sykora on the top line with Zach... scored the other day but he's not fast enough for Zach on the long run

www.SterioDesign.com

#40 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

thats probably whats gonna happen (if something happen) but i dont want Sykora on the top line with Zach... scored the other day but he's not fast enough for Zach on the long run

I agree. I would put him with Josefson and Clarkson. That wouldnt be that bad of a line actually.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users