13 replies to this topic

#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Lets say Larsson make the team and play the whole season, do you guys think he could have a season similar to what Myer got to win the calder 2 years back? 11g 37a +13 ?

not too sure which rookies made their respective team this year but on top of my head Landeskog, RNH, Johansen, Butler, Couturier, Niederreiter, Gubdbranson, Cowen, Tarasenko, Erixon, Zibanejad, Ellis, Tatar, Adam should be in the mix to compete for the calder

anyone else, im probably missing a few ? there's that kid in Carolina but i cant remember his name...

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

If hes on the team, he has a shot.

#3 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

any rookie has a legitimate shot at this point.

I'm here for the party

#4 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

isnt tarasenko staying in the khl this season? maybe i read wrong. i think landeskog has an advamtage, colorado has shown in previous years that they willing to let their rookies learn as they play (duchene, o'reilly) and on a team needing depth at wing, he'lll have a lot of opportunities. i'd love to see larsson be in the discussion but its so hard for a rookie dman to get noticed, with the exception of myers a few seasons back i dont remember any rookie dman coming close. did doughty win it?

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

If the PP clicks relatively well (big if, I know) Larsson should pick up some serious points this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the discussion for the calder

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

If the PP clicks relatively well (big if, I know) Larsson should pick up some serious points this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the discussion for the calder

good call, i think his role in the PP would fit him perfectly for where he's at with his skill level right now, surrounded by players that can only help him

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Kinda early to start predicting this now especially since this is for rookies and that is harder to predict stats for those who have none in the NHL.

#8 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

He would need to post something along the lines of Myers or better.

Without digging into it... 10-15g / 35-40a, +10 might get him the nod above the higher scoring wingers... but it's just hard for a d-man to compete with forwards to get "noticed" since d-men control the play more, but often get left off the stat sheet offensively.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

i dont know how much it can weight in the decision but since he's it could help him above a few other players i think

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Lets say Larsson make the team and play the whole season, do you guys think he could have a season similar to what Myer got to win the calder 2 years back? 11g 37a +13 ?

not too sure which rookies made their respective team this year but on top of my head Landeskog, RNH, Johansen, Butler, Couturier, Niederreiter, Gubdbranson, Cowen, Tarasenko, Erixon, Zibanejad, Ellis, Tatar, Adam should be in the mix to compete for the calder

anyone else, im probably missing a few ? there's that kid in Carolina but i cant remember his name...

I think Braydon Schenn still qualifies as a rookie. If so, think he has the leg up being older than most of the players on your list and playing for what should be a good team.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Depends how lucky of a season he has 5 on 4. He has a lot of hype following him so the writers will certainly favor him.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Just for funsies I'm gonna predict Landeskog. I hope Larsson puts up some points though because I drafted him in one of my fantasy leagues... lolz.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

He was considered for #1 overall and called one of the most NHL-ready draftees of 2011 (remember that [in]famous quote from a guy raving about him being better than Lidstrom was at that age?), so I imagine he should have a shot at it.

The issue might be guys who enter the league being a year older.

#14 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

There is no way to make any sort of meaningful guess at this point. None of us knows enough about him or how he'll play. He did a good job in the preseason, but until he has 20 NHL games under his belt, we won't really know what caliber player we have on our hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users