41 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Why?? Clarkson has showed much more ability in this season than before, he's been scoring by hanging around the net, and thats how he has been scoring in the preseason...You sir, are a moron. Go back to moron island!

Clarkson does that every pre-season and like another poster said earlier (I think on a different thread) he will forget what he is on this team for and will go back to the wrap-around and toe-drags every time he gets the puck.

Clarkson is a terrible skater with sh!tty hockey sense and shot. He spends half of his ice time on his ass or on his stomach.

And by the way, your first sentence is the same I heard before last pre-season when people were predicting him to possibly be a top 6 forward. As well as the season before that. And the season before that.

Yeah but based on actually using hockey ability and not stupidity, Clarkson over Avery.

In stupidity they are about the same on the ice, but off the ice then yeah Sean wins.

The only thing Avery ever said that I agree with is that Clarkson is a minor leaguer.

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

NJ's at 48 on the reserve list, so I don't think I see anyone on waivers who'd be worth it. They certainly don't need a defenseman. Giroux couldn't make the worst team in the league last year, so I don't think the NHL is missing out on much.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Blair Betts on waivers. I'd claim him for the PK.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

The Devils already have the better version of Blair Betts in David Steckel.

#25 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Too bad we will miss some interesting Avery moments from HBO's 24/7 this year.

#26 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

The only thing that may make our roster better if someone left a Grabner type player on the right wing go. Even then that would still be a risk.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

The Devils already have the better version of Blair Betts in David Steckel.

Steckel's better than Betts? Not from what I've seen out of Steckel so far, and Steckel doesn't PK 'at all'. All he used to do is play on the PK long enough to take the faceoff and get the heck out of the way after that, but he can't even win faceoffs here the way he did in Washington.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

Blair Betts on waivers. I'd claim him for the PK.

Avery and Betts on waivers? Where's Peter Prucha at right now? And how about Ryan Hollweg? I want to assemble a team of post-lockout Rangers fan favorites. They seem to be going pretty cheaply lately... :evil:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#29 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

ALl Devils cleared waivers
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#30 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

ALl Devils cleared waivers

That's good news...we should be OK when injuries hit.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#31 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

Clarkson does that every pre-season and like another poster said earlier (I think on a different thread) he will forget what he is on this team for and will go back to the wrap-around and toe-drags every time he gets the puck.

Clarkson is a terrible skater with sh!tty hockey sense and shot. He spends half of his ice time on his ass or on his stomach.

And by the way, your first sentence is the same I heard before last pre-season when people were predicting him to possibly be a top 6 forward. As well as the season before that. And the season before that.

In stupidity they are about the same on the ice, but off the ice then yeah Sean wins.

The only thing Avery ever said that I agree with is that Clarkson is a minor leaguer.

1: He actually does the wrap around very well and does fake it to get it to the point now...
2: His toe drag is absolutely sick one of the best I've seen on the Devils. Refute it, it's ok.
3: He does fall alot but I would say he has sh!tty hockey sense. He wouldn't be in the NHL if he did. He's a better skater then a fuk load of players in the NHL.
4. Clarkson is obviously an NHL player, while Avery, being waived yet again, is obviously an AHL'r so his point is moot.

Edited by Coorslight, 04 October 2011 - 11:45 AM.

1dun.jpg

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

1: He actually does the wrap around very well and does fake it to get it to the point now...
2: His toe drag is absolutely sick one of the best I've seen on the Devils. Refute it, it's ok.
3: He does fall alot but I would say he has sh!tty hockey sense. He wouldn't be in the NHL if he did. He's a better skater then a fuk load of players in the NHL.
4. Clarkson is obviously an NHL player, while Avery, being waived yet again, is obviously an AHL'r so his point is moot.

1) How many goals has his great wrap arounds lead to?

2) Same question as #1 and how many good opportunities have come out of this? All I see is he loses control of the puck at the last second every time he does this.

3) He is a terrible skater and him being on his ass most of the time is to the point where it is a running joke. You are right in saying he has sh!tty hockey sense so I am glad we agree there:)

4) He is an AHL player pretending to be an NHL'er. Avery is on a team that has depth to demote him, we do not therefore we are stuck with an AHL'er on our team.

#33 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

So now that everyone has cleared and Pelley and Fraser stay in the NHL, does that mean Stralman is officially gone? Unless he would take a 2-way deal i guess. Still no update on Sykora yet i guess..also, I agree Clarkson is better than Avery, but anywhere else in the league he is a 4th liner.

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

I'm surprised they all cleared. I figured someone might take a flier on Corrente at least.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#35 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

So now that everyone has cleared and Pelley and Fraser stay in the NHL, does that mean Stralman is officially gone? Unless he would take a 2-way deal i guess. Still no update on Sykora yet i guess..also, I agree Clarkson is better than Avery, but anywhere else in the league he is a 4th liner.

clarkson has 40 goals in his last 210 games. please name all the 4th liners with that kind of scoring rate.

maddog: nah, you have to clear a player out to add a player.

#36 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'd claim Oreskovich from Vancouver. I thought it was a big mistake for the Canucks to not play him in the final SC game. (unless he did play and was invisable, but I didn't see him on the roster)
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Why?? Clarkson has showed much more ability in this season than before, he's been scoring by hanging around the net, and thats how he has been scoring in the preseason at least...You sir, are a moron. Go back to moron island!

+1
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

NJ's at 48 on the reserve list, so I don't think I see anyone on waivers who'd be worth it. They certainly don't need a defenseman. Giroux couldn't make the worst team in the league last year, so I don't think the NHL is missing out on much.

Are the Devils at 48 or 49? I thought it was 48, but CapGeek says it's 49 by including Perkovich as an unsigned, but qualified RFA. I don't know if Perk should count or not.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#39 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Are the Devils at 48 or 49? I thought it was 48, but CapGeek says it's 49 by including Perkovich as an unsigned, but qualified RFA. I don't know if Perk should count or not.

Perkovich signed an AHL contract, so he doesn't count.

#40 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

clarkson has 40 goals in his last 210 games. please name all the 4th liners with that kind of scoring rate.

maddog: nah, you have to clear a player out to add a player.

To be fair, Clarkson isn't a fourth liner naturally. He's more of a third liner, but lack of production and line changes have bumped him down there.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users