#41 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

Empty net goal, this one's over

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:48 PM

Derek I was referring to the Vinny L. goal that got called off.. but they also show
the rule from the book about a goal kicked that deflects off a player not being a goal
... I kinda disagree with that but the rule IS the rule.....

Tampa Bay was a bomb ready to happen

(hey John we beat Tampa in FIVE.... do your reasearch a$$hole :P )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

Derek I was referring to the Vinny L. goal that got called off.. but they also show
the rule from the book about a goal kicked that deflects off a player not being a goal

Yea the Rule is the rule, however i felt that situations such as that shoudl not apply, its not like Vinny was kicking it into the net on purpose. He was just centering it and it happens to go in, how is that situation any different then if it was a pass off the stick?
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#44 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

Don I watched hockey all day too (NWHL for me, too) but you gotta understand 97% or whatever of the regular posters here live in the States.

#45 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

I don't know Crash, if the original "shot" was kicked, any goal from it is fruit of the tainted tree so to speak.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#46 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Let me just clarify. Of course pucks get kicked around the ice, but if there's a goal and the last contact was from a kick, no good.

I remember a game it happened to the Devils. It was kicked and deflected off Marty and in, and was no goal.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Yea the Rule is the rule, however i felt that situations such as that shoudl not apply, its not like Vinny was kicking it into the net on purpose. He was just centering it and it happens to go in, how is that situation any different then if it was a pass off the stick?

Well if they were lenient on that part, then in theory you could 'intentionally' kick the puck off of someone's skate and into the net if they were in the right position (this wasn't anywhere near the same thing but remember Langenbrunner shooting one intentionally off of some Senator's skate in the crease in Game 7, you can intentionally unintentionally create your own breaks)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

but yet they complain about a lack of goal scoring in the league :lol:

then how come you can high stick a puck but yet if the other team touches it the
high stick is waved off.. I would think the intent would be the same on this kind of play
... it takes a supreme amout of skill and luck to make a play like he did.. and if I
remember right his stick WAS tied up.. and if you could kick the puck like that and it
be live maybe that would cut down on stick grabbing since you can just kick the
farooqer in the net then... as long as it wasn't kicked DIRECTLY in....

it's a soapbox issue but this goal SHOULD have counted I believe

I also shudder to think of leaving things up to offical's interpertation like Fraser
not going upstairs on that Pandolfo goal...

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#49 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:00 PM

I guess the exception would be kicking it to a teammates stick and then they either shoot it in or it deflects off their stick. Then the goal was created off a stick. :noclue:

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

I guess the exception would be kicking it to a teammates stick and then they either shoot it in or it deflects off their stick. Then the goal was created off a stick. :noclue:

yeah but for that kind of luck you have a better chance with a lotto ticker :)

#51 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

Crasher, I can't figure out why the review took so long. Ya know what's weird. But if you saw Lecavalier's original highstick redirect, the puck looked like it might have crossed the goalline. But maybe they weren't able to determine it. I don't think it would have counted unless DiPietro or an Isle touched it there.

And it was clear as day that Lecavalier was kicking it to a teammate. But it went off Aucoin and in. Bottom line is Tampa didn't play well enough to win.

The best way to beat DiPietro is to get him moving. In order to do that, you got to move the puck quickly. Also, shoot high. Most of their shots were low and Dipi ate them up.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

Derek I actually thought Vinny MISSED it with his stick and maybe that is what they
were reviewing was if that puck crossed the line too ?? :noclue:

or they were looking to find a good view and see IF it hit a stick after being kicked
cause that too could have been what happened.. I guess.... the replays we got from
ABC were pretty bad

#53 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

I predicted the Isles to win the series.

Time will tell...

#54 valo

valo

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:45 PM

Rule 70:
(a) Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or Official

good call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users