#1 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/121561372092923904

Sykora is back. Contract details to be announced. I think somewhere TG said in the $800k range. I look forward to him being back, I think he is still a good NHLer (don't prove me wrong Sykora).

Too bad he couldn't be here last year, we could have entirely reunited a crappier version of the A-line.

#2 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Lou is actually releasing contract details!?:o

I thought he never discusses the details...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

TG hasn't even reported the signing, nobody has said what the contract is worth. Capgeek will probably have it first.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

:offtopic: -- :offtopic: -- :offtopic:

:saddevil: sorry guys... :( I hopeless...

Funny how our heart guys on the Cup are all gone and our flash is here. You know, and I'm all heart - but you NEED flash and style and ego and confidence. not saying Sykora will bring that after his beat down in the league but still...

Flash is so hard to figure.. I'm just thinking about bossey and how he'd be team guy and then when worse came nearly to worst he'd just step up almost like he was stupid "Oh - get a goal now?" wow... I miss those days. I guess I really love that -- someone so amazingly modest who can just turn it on.

Modesty is hard to figure. Because it does dull skill --- except with Bossey. You wait a millisecond too long and can't finish and -- you doubt yourself you make excuses and then you can get trapped into a downward spiral. And it's -- no one can say how to call that back up again - how to call out your ability. You just have to play hockey and hope for the best.

BUT I am sure that's not the whole story - that's just the kind of person I am - maybe most people are. Neidermayer might have something to say - but his temper gets in his way - and his secret laze and apathy. So he ends up in the same lost place at the end of the day.

That's the one psychological aspect I need to figure out. Even if a person can't do it -- I need to see what it is that guys who CAn do it are doing. Like a Stevens hit - you SEE what he's doing and sadly after that you either CAN do it or you can't. My weight is ingrained up not rooted to the ground. I can't even fvcking bowl - I can't hit a baseball -- I have no idea how to root my weight anywhere but my core moving upward with as little connection to the earth as possible. I have ZERO idea how to dig in and get rooted. For dance you need to be up and for singing you need to be rooted -- hence the fat. The sensation of weight gets opera singers rooted. :mellow: I just went off didnt' I? ... uh li'l bit.... ANYHOW -- how do you control attitude? What is the QUESTION to Bossey like modesty and flash? i dont know what to ASK even... dammitdammitdammit.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 05 October 2011 - 08:07 AM.

I'm here for the party

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

TG says sykora signed for $650k.

Edited by Triumph, 05 October 2011 - 08:16 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

TG says sykora signed for $650k.

ill take it

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#7 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/121561372092923904

Too bad he couldn't be here last year, we could have entirely reunited a crappier version of the A-line.

:rofl:

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

OK maybe I am not understanding this correctly, but why did we have to trade Steckel to make salary room for Sykora and Mills? Aren't we a good chunk under the cap this year for once even with Parise's contract? Was this done in order to meet an internal cap the team placed on itself?

#9 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Probably done to get the roster size down. we have to be at 23 players by 3pm today...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#10 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

"I'm ecstatic," Sykora told The Star-Ledger. "Of course I'm very happy. It's something that seemed very far away a couple of weeks ago and it happened."

NJ.com

Very happy with this signing. I think he will bring a decent amount to the table this year.

Lou is also looking to make the room to sign Stralman.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#11 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Every time i think about Sykora.. i think at this infamous cross check in the face by Hatcher the Butcher...
I think about the cup bring by teams to the hospital

(i try to avoid the thinkin' of how it ends the "first" time)

That bring lot of good memory...

I come to the Devils because of the Czeck Team ... And Sykora was one of the reason i did find this team exciting !

#12 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

650K? How could anyone not like that? Even if he just becomes a stop gap till Travis comes back at 650K it's a good deal.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#13 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Seems about right, 550K league min + 100k to drive the bus for the year.

Edited by squishyx, 05 October 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#14 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

:rofl:

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#15 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

IDK about you, but I'd drive a bus for $100k a year.

#16 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

If he can pot 15 goals and 35 points, idk why anyone should be upset

#17 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

He really has been an eye opener since he put the jersey back on, so I'm glad he's been rewarded with this. Nice to have him back at a decent price too :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#18 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

If he can pot 15 goals and 35 points, idk why anyone should be upset

I havent seen anyone upset about Sykora being back around, maybe I missed it. At first, I was one that was riding the fence but after what has happened the past few weeks, I like this signing and Sykora as a player.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#19 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

He could have the same amount of points of Rolston for " a little bit less money " ... Bargain !

#20 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

He will wear the N°15... And Per TG, players congrat him as he steps into middle of ice to lead on-ice stretching by tap their sticks on the ice ...

This is awesome !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users