Sykora officially signs

StormJosh

I'll decide in February whether or not I like this deal. Welcome back, anyway.

You also have to keep in mind that Zajac, one of the best players on this team, is down and out until you "decide in February".

Edited by Quinn01

Do these Devil retreads EVER do much of anything upon coming back?

Having said that, Sykora really really REALLY seemed to want this in the worst way...maybe it's because he appreciates what he had when he was here through 2002, maybe it's because he knows his days as a NHLer are likely numbered unless he works harder than he ever has, maybe a taste of the KHL and the Czech league made Sykora realize he doesn't want that kind of a hockey life just yet...who knows? Just hope all of that translates into something good for both player and team...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

We will see once Zajac comes back.... At this time we would had a proper view of Henrique & Tedenby-under-DeBoer....

and of course, of Syk too !

That could be such a nice problem to have all these guys playing really well !

Things like this show class and make be proud to be a fan of this organization:

From TGfireandice Tom Gulitti:

Players tap their sticks on the ice in applause for Petr Sykora as he steps into middle of ice to lead on-ice stretching.

• Like 1

Things like this show class and make be proud to be a fan of this organization:

From TGfireandice Tom Gulitti:

Players tap their sticks on the ice in applause for Petr Sykora as he steps into middle of ice to lead on-ice stretching.

fantasticccc :cheers:

the players are even a fan

honestly i feel like its very rare that a player who shows up to try-outs with that much passion does not make the team... not to mention the offensive skills he showed.. he's gonna be a spark at least

See I feel that its not so much the skill that he shows but the age and the track record for injuries.

ok well maybe you add in the passion he has for this team and does it even out? its not like his track record with us was bad either

Absolutely. His one interview when he said he was willing to go as far as driving the bus to earn a spot made a HUGE impact on me as far as passion he has for the team goes. The past few weeks hes shown that he can hack it with the 20 year olds and can put his head down and put the puck where it needs to be. His average points of his career here in NJ prior to re-signing was what like 60 points? Somewhere around there.

Id be happy if he puts up 40-50 points this season. That may be wishful thinking though.

Absolutely. His one interview when he said he was willing to go as far as driving the bus to earn a spot made a HUGE impact on me as far as passion he has for the team goes. The past few weeks hes shown that he can hack it with the 20 year olds and can put his head down and put the puck where it needs to be. His average points of his career here in NJ prior to re-signing was what like 60 points? Somewhere around there.

Id be happy if he puts up 40-50 points this season. That may be wishful thinking though.

definitely wishful thinking but not at all too out of reach. the guy clearly left an impression on a lot of people. i feel like he shined in the top 3 players this preseason for us

Honestly, I think it's tough not to rout for a guy like this and I hope he can keep it up for the whole season. I think for the devils this is an easy choice, inexpensive veteran trying to prove he still belongs. I think he keeps him self here as long as he keeps remembering how close he is to being out of the NHL, never want to take things for granted. When I see Avery cut I think about that, you just can't take it for granted, so I hope it's for real and we get a whole year out of the guy.