129 replies to this topic

#21 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

BTW this is also sweet because it means my authentic Kovalchuk jersey with Alternate Captain's "A" on it will be legit for another season :dance:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

BTW this is also sweet because it means my authentic Kovalchuk jersey with Alternate Captain's "A" on it will be legit for another season :dance:

I gotta get an "A" to put on mine then...:unsure: where do you get the individual letters done like that?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#23 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

parise hasn't displayed nearly the passion/fire/leadership that kovy has

this is just to appease the guy and get him to sign long term

like i said earlier, lame.

Sounds like you're another in the growing group who is getting suckered into Kovalchuk's wordsmithery in the media about team and winning and loving the fans.

Or maybe Parise didn't show the supporters enough love? Whatever the case, you really are making yourself look unknowledgable by stating Parise lacks "passion/fire/leadership that kovy has". If you know anything about Lamoriello since Day 1, he would never appease giving a player the "C" for a future contract.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I gotta get an "A" to put on mine then...:unsure: where do you get the individual letters done like that?

I had my whole jersey done by Exclusive Pro (they do all the NHL teams' jerseys so it's 100% authentic)

www.exclusivepro.com/
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Beauty

Posted Image

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Sorry I'd rather give the C to a guy who wants to play here for the next decade and a half. And who also sticks up for his fellow teammates, accepts responsibility, and goes above and beyond both on and off the ice.

Can you really say this about Parise?

#27 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

does a video clip exist anywhere of this?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-4-2011/indecision-2012---the-great-right-hope---not-chris-christie-s-time

#28 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Good choice, I hope he doesn't start squeezing the stick more as a result. I prefer it be a defensmen the majority of the time but there is no choice on defense. Let's hope Kovalchuk flies under the radar and gets 40-45 goals.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 05 October 2011 - 12:08 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#29 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hey, atleast Pattys up there.

Now resign god damn it!

Re-sign.

The last thing we need is for Parise to resign.

:rant:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Sorry I'd rather give the C to a guy who wants to play here for the next decade and a half. And who also sticks up for his fellow teammates, accepts responsibility, and goes above and beyond both on and off the ice.

I'm pretty sure just about ANYONE who was given the kind of deal Kovy was would want to play here the next decade-and-a-half. He wasn't getting that kind of coin to play in the NHL from anywhere else. He may very well be happy here, but I don't think Kovy had some lifelong dream to suit up for the Devils. Money spoke loudly with that one.

All I am going to say about Parise is that I think you're selling him extremely short, and I think a lot of Devils fans would agree. But I guess you don't like him, you're a Kovy fanboy, whatever.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Sorry I'd rather give the C to a guy who wants to play here for the next decade and a half.

Apparently you have inside knowledge of Parise's future plans with the Devils. Choosing Parise as captain only to have him walk the next year would make the Devils look very foolish. Lou wouldn't put up with it, and I honestly think that if Lou thought there was a good chance that Parise walks next year, he would have preferred to keep the captaincy open until he was sure of the situation. Make no doubt about it, making Parise captain is a huge indication that he is likely staying long term.

And who also sticks up for his fellow teammates, accepts responsibility, and goes above and beyond both on and off the ice.

Parise gives 110% every shift he's out. He is at every Devils event signing autographs. If that isn't "going above and beyond both on and off the ice", I don't know what is.

Edited by Amberite, 05 October 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#32 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-4-2011/indecision-2012---the-great-right-hope---not-chris-christie-s-time

Posted Image

HAHAHA! Classic! not much of a fan of the Daily Show but, this is funny...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#33 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Jaime L. disagree's with you, and i mention him because he was out the door when he said that, not under Lou's reign anymore.
Posted Image

#34 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Good choice, if it wasn't gonna be patty then this is the obvious one.

We can only hope this is a good sign for him re-signing after the season.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Sorry I'd rather give the C to a guy who wants to play here for the next decade and a half.

How do you know Parise doesn't want to stay a Devil? Because he didn't put his name on a long term contract soon enough for your liking? How do you know what's going on behind the scenes? Perhaps he has no control over anything until the financial situation of the franchise is sorted out? Parise and the Devils did the right thing this summer for all parties.

Parise has been nothing but great with his contract being brought up every 10 seconds. What more do you want the guy to say or do? He's a free agent, just like Kovalchuk once was. Do you really think Kovalchuk would have come back to the Devils for less then that contract he finally got? If so, you really need to wake up.

And who also sticks up for his fellow teammates,

You're clueless. So you're saying Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Crosby, Lemieux, Lidstrom, Toews, Sakic for example, weren't great captains and Cup winners because they didn't go punch a guy in the head on the ice to defend someone, too?

accepts responsibility,

You are getting even more clueless, if possible. I guess you really have been brainwashed by Kovalchuk's wordsmithery in the media.

and goes above and beyond both on and off the ice.

Now, you're just really lost.

Yes.

Edited by SJP20, 05 October 2011 - 12:36 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

Are you fvcking serious with this? What Parise have you been watching the past five years? That guy gives it everything, every shift.

+1
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#37 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Are you fvcking serious with this? What Parise have you been watching the past five years? That guy gives it everything, every shift.

He's a lost cause. It isnt worth it.

Parise has earned it. Would he have been my choice for the C? No. Is it a smart choice though? Yes.

Edited by Quinn01, 05 October 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#38 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

Most of you guys are very delusional.

See ya next year when Parise bolts and Kovy gets what he deserves.

#39 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

That will be then, this is now

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#40 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Most of you guys are very delusional.

See ya next year when Parise bolts and Kovy gets what he deserves.

Realistically, this is about this season. If Parise leaves, then we name a new captain next season. NBD.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users