#121 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

From ESPN's 10 questions today:

3. Where will Zach Parise be by March 5?

Burnside: Far, far away from Newark. If the Devils aren't firmly ensconced in a playoff spot, team president and GM Lou Lamoriello will have little option but to deal Parise, who does not have a no-movement/no-trade clause. Our guess? How about playing the wing with Mike Richards in Los Angeles?

Custance: The safe answer is New Jersey, and the Devils should do whatever it takes to get Parise signed to a long-term deal. But I'll go out on a limb and say he's in Los Angeles on March 5. If the Kings are truly going to challenge for a Stanley Cup this season, they still need one more elite goal scorer for their talented centers, especially if Simon Gagne can't stay healthy. GM Dean Lombardi has stocked his system with enough young depth and talent that he can afford to be aggressive at the trade deadline, even after raiding the system to deal for Mike Richards. And landing Parise would be a dramatic improvement over the move to add Dustin Penner last season.

LeBrun: Still in Jersey. The Devils will be contending for a playoff spot, so even if they can't sign him to an extension by then, they have to keep him for the stretch drive. If the Devils fall out of playoff contention and haven't been able to sign him to an extension, they must look at the trade market. Then, you can list a long line of suitors. Among them, in our opinion, would be Los Angeles. The Kings really covet Parise, and if they can't get him this March, they'll try again July 1 if Parise hasn't signed in New Jersey.

Althought I think Parise will be at least a decent captain, there is a distinct possibility of this being his last season here.

BTW no surprise Burnside picked Parise to def be out of here. He also picked the Pens to win the East and cup. Again.

#122 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Read Burnside's Devils preview lol. I've been reading articles and opinions about this organization since the 80's, and i have to say i don't think there's one other who has written as much pure disdain about the organization over time the way he does. If so, then it's someone who doesn't stick in my mind and that's with the exception of Brooks.

It's like Burnside loves to agitate and instigate Devils fans and continues to feed off it when he reads the comments.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#123 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Read Burnside's Devils preview lol. I've been reading articles and opinions about this organization since the 80's, and i have to say i don't think there's one other who has written as much pure disdain about the organization over time the way he does. If so, then it's someone who doesn't stick in my mind and that's with the exception of Brooks.

It's like Burnside loves to agitate and instigate Devils fans and continues to feed off it when he reads the comments.

lol his hate of NJ is equal only to his severe love of everything Penguins.

#124 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

The image I get when I imagine Burnside writing an article is that of a middle aged beer bellied loser, on his laptop, in his boxers.

I don't take anything he writes seriously. Besides which we always do better when we get no respect anyway.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#125 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

The image I get when I imagine Burnside writing an article is that of a middle aged beer bellied loser, on his laptop, in his boxers.

I don't take anything he writes seriously. Besides which we always do better when we get no respect anyway.

That's funny, pretty much sums up what I imagine for a few (unnamed) people here.

And just for the record, I don't use a laptop.
Joe

#126 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

I don't think Kovy had some lifelong dream to suit up for the Devils. Money spoke loudly with that one.

Obvious statement is obvious. If you're from Russia (or any other European country) you are ridiculously unlikely to grow up dreaming of playing for a specific American city's NHL team.. You hope to make your own city's team, and then one day maybe go pro.. So that you can make a ton of money.. This is clearly the primary motivation for 99% of the NHL players. (The secondaries likely include winning a cup and competing at the highest level of your sport.)

Zach and Ilya are both elite talents that I hope will stay with NJ until they retire. That said; You are kidding yourself if you think Zach's motivation for NOT signing a long term deal with the Devs is somehow NOT related to money.
Posted Image

#127 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

That's funny, pretty much sums up what I imagine for a few (unnamed) people here.

And just for the record, I don't use a laptop.

I'm not apologizing, sorry. I meant no offense to anyone, and anybody who is offended should get over themselves.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#128 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

I'm not apologizing, sorry. I meant no offense to anyone, and anybody who is offended should get over themselves.

Who was offended? Joe B was agreeing with you. :unsure:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#129 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

I think this is a good sign for the Devils prospects of resigning Parise long term. Even though it's possible that Parise was given the C with the hope that he'll be more inclined to resign with us because of it, I truly believe that Lou would not let him be named captain if he honestly thought that he does not have a very good chance of locking him up long term before he hits the FA in July.

#130 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

I think this is a good sign for the Devils prospects of resigning Parise long term. Even though it's possible that Parise was given the C with the hope that he'll be more inclined to resign with us because of it, I truly believe that Lou would not let him be named captain if he honestly thought that he does not have a very good chance of locking him up long term before he hits the FA in July.

In Lou you trust?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users