284 replies to this topic

#161 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Yea, its the first game. As horrible as it went, we have 81 to go.

First time EVER the Devils have been shut out in a season opener.

#162 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,902 posts

Am I missing something? Did we already play 20 games this season? I realize they've played like sh!t tonight but it's 1 freakin' game.

The overreactions are always priceless.

Again like unknown poster indicated this post is like numerous others after opening night last year.

#163 Dr Death

Dr Death

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Oh well, 1 down, 81 to go! Can only get better, right????? :pray:
Posted Image

#164 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Welp, guess the Nucks season is over too.

Edited by nmigliore, 08 October 2011 - 08:39 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#165 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

oh boy, we are really bad. It's going to be a long season.

I have to say this performance falls on DeBoer. The team simply was not ready to play any NHL team tonight. That falls on the coach.

That's exactly right. Not ready to jump off a building just yet, but that was far and away the worst the Devils have looked outta the gate in the last 10 years. Def doesn't do anything for a fans confidence.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#166 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I thought the Flyers were reaqlly tough as NAILs. The Devils made me want to YAKupov.

haha. :D I'm all for it. Though, might make it hard to resign Parise if we look like we're in line for Yakupov come new years. :P
Posted Image

#167 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#168 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Can only get better, right????? :pray:

Well it could stay the same, but I don't see how they could play much worse.

#169 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Playing without Zajac is hurting us more than playing without any other Devils im pretty sure

www.SterioDesign.com

#170 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

That's how I saw it as well.

#171 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

As a small adjustment to the lines, try Tedenby on RW with Kovalchuk, move Palmieri down to 3rd or 4th line. Palmieri needs to learn to use his body better anyway.

#172 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

I know people like to run around like headless chickens after a couple games when the season begins, but can we give it like 20 games before going too overboard? That's the only point I'm trying to make.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#173 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

Agreed! Josefson is a much better option than Zubrus. Tedenby should be the other winger. The Devils have to go with what they've got and those two swedes are the closest thing they have to top 6 material. Palmieri doesn't even belong on this team.

#174 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I know people like to run around like headless chickens after a couple games when the season begins, but can we give it like 20 games before going too overboard? That's the only point I'm trying to make.

Jmac?!? Who let you on here?!?
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#175 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

I don't think anyone went "too overboard".

#176 Dr Death

Dr Death

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Gotta work on Monday, DVR'ing the game. Lets hope for a better showing. :evil:
See u guys Thursday!!!! :boogie:
Posted Image

#177 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

You give it 20 games again, and it could be a disaster for us.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#178 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Playing without Zajac is hurting us more than playing without any other Devils im pretty sure

Well, tonight, i don't think it would have mattered much at all. They played a terrible game. Deboer will certainly have his choice of passengers. The only bright spot was Brodeur, and if he has to play like that all season he'll have to retire.

The 4th line has epic potential of complete inept. Tedenby down there is Mac-like. It's a waste of everyone's time and effort. It's like a game of "which of these doesn't belong".

The PP is going to be an abysmal failure until they learn one of these days that you need someone to take a beating in front. PP QB? Too early yet, but Larsson is only 18 and he's going to look it at times.

For the record, before anyone screams "Deboer sucks", this time it won't be the coach who goes if it turns south.

You're going to see Zharkov and/or Pelley again to correct more of Lou's mistakes in Boulton. It's a toss up between Mills and Pelley. It won't matter much.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#179 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

I do not think it is at all premature to be concerned about the fact that a team that looked like they couldn't score in the preseason... SHOCKINGLY... don't look like they can score in the regular season either.

#180 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Welp, guess the Nucks season is over too.

At least they tried and actually got a point out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users