Photo

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ New Jersey Devils

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

Poll: GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ New Jersey Devils (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Outcome of game.

1. Win in regulation. (42 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Lose in regulation. (12 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Win in OT. (6 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Lose in OT. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Win in SO. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Lose in SO. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Good to get a win that looked like a solid effort (after a scan of the GDT comments and the box score) this quickly after the Game 1 crap the bed.

I do expect to see some more Game 1s this year but as long as games like this (even if they lose) occur more often, this can be a decent year.

Overall how did Larsson look?
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#222 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

You think you're the only one? At best you're like the hundredth poster that wants him banished. Heck, I wanted him scratched after his stupidity Saturday. But we're not exactly overloaded with skill at RW now though.

Lol you have a valid point, as always. I sat much closer than normal for today's game, and for the first time I realized he really does spend 80% of his ice time on his ass.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#223 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/DaveLozo/status/123486898676174849

Adam Larsson on why he looked injured during the second period: "I got a stick in the balls...it hurt."

#224 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

liked a lot of what i saw out there.

my only gripes:

the fourth line got abused it seemed quite a bit out there.
sykora's lack of speed could really be an issue but that line has a nice cycle game so perhaps he can be langenbrunner 2.0.
clarkson is totally useless, especially on the pp - don't just stand there in the box - MOVE. also, having a line w/ him an tedenby is redunandant because they both hold the puck too much - although tedenby is MUCH better at it.
"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
Shameless Business Plug - Shop at Capitol Lighting and
1-800lighting.com - Use code NJDEVS10 for 10% OFF

#225 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Why do the fans chant you suck when our team isnt that much better? It never made sense to me. Chant it when we are owning.

Why do the fans chant 'Lets go Devils'? Go where? Do the fans want the Devils to stop playing and go somwehere with them?

Its just a fun chant, adds to the noise and lets the other team know that we dont like them very much. Its not to be taken literally.

#226 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thoughts on my GDT? Would you like something more, something less. Thanks just wanna know for future considerations.

1dun.jpg

#227 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Totally forgot about this game today waiting for a tarantula to come in the mail. I need to stop buying tarantulas during hockey season. :D

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#228 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Why do the fans chant 'Lets go Devils'? Go where? Do the fans want the Devils to stop playing and go somwehere with them?

Not sure why, but I thought of this when I read that..

Posted Image

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 10 October 2011 - 03:50 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#229 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Great hockey game to watch.. Both teams battled, but the Devils clearly outworked Carolina.. Solid effort.. The Parise line was mixing it up out there and cutting through the middle to create chances in front of the net, which was great to finally see

Didn't mind the free towel either.. Crowd size was decent.. Only empty area was the upper section, but it seems like the team is trying to fill the balconies more this season and it really does make the place look more full than having the upper packed and the balconies empty
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#230 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

i didn't know they gave out towels in the regular season, thought that was only in the playoffs. i wonder when they will post the promotional schedule?

#231 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

i didn't know they gave out towels in the regular season, thought that was only in the playoffs. i wonder when they will post the promotional schedule?

itll be christmas at this rate before the promo schedule is up

#232 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Good to get a win that looked like a solid effort (after a scan of the GDT comments and the box score) this quickly after the Game 1 crap the bed.

I do expect to see some more Game 1s this year but as long as games like this (even if they lose) occur more often, this can be a decent year.

Overall how did Larsson look?

Larsson = Lidstrom

#233 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

That keep by Larsson was sick.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#234 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

The 4th line got aboused bad once which was caused by the linesmen hitting Mills....they were 30 seconds into their shift then Carolina went the other way and scored a minute later.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#235 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

That keep by Larsson was sick.

Yeah!! A lot of people said "WOW!" pretty loudly after that. He's so calm and cool with the puck it's almost Annoying sometimes, lol!
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#236 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

It's like they want to just randomly give out stuff this year and NOT give fans an incentive to buy a particular game beforehand due to a promo :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#237 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/DaveLozo/status/123486898676174849

Adam Larsson on why he looked injured during the second period: "I got a stick in the balls...it hurt."

Now I like him even more. I saw that and was pissed because it wasn't a necessary act. The play wasnt anywhere near Larsson at that moment.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#238 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Just got home. Glad to say the team looked better in most parts of the game today than Saturday. I couldn't have handled another game like that. Parise looked like Parise again which was great to see. I also thought Palmieri did a much, much better job today. He was digging in the corners and his work gave him two well earned assists. I'm digging the Kovy-Josefson-NaPalm line right now. Tedenby looked solid, too. His problem is always going to be when we play bigger and more physical teams though. All in all, other than a few blown plays and stupid penalties, they fixed a lot of what was wrong for the time being. Of course, it always helps to play the 'Canes instead of Philly.

believe-devs.jpg

#239 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hahaha devil dan

#240 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

It's like they want to just randomly give out stuff this year and NOT give fans an incentive to buy a particular game beforehand due to a promo :P

yea hahaha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users