Photo

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ New Jersey Devils

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

Poll: GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ New Jersey Devils (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Outcome of game.

1. Win in regulation. (42 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Lose in regulation. (12 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Win in OT. (6 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Lose in OT. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Win in SO. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Lose in SO. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

oooooo... good call, i dont know why that wasn't my first thought. oooops

The only reason I thought it was because I was stuck in my stupid office instead of at the game :giggle:

Oh well, here's hoping for a win Thursday!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#282 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

I think attedance is based on the number of tix sold, not the number of people that show up. I had 5 tix for today and only used 3 of them. I am sure all 5 were counted

well, in that case then it'd be even worse for both situations

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#283 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

the second game of the season and we can only get just above 12,000 in attendance?? somethin like 68%... wtf is that

Chill.... It was a big work day so a lot of people couldn't make it.. Plus, last season's Columbus Day game had like 2k fewer people AND it was against the Penguins.. So tonight was a pretty good improvement, and great when you compare it to last season

Not to mention that everyone who was there thought it was 14k - 15k attendance, because the balconies were pretty full

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#284 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

the second game of the season and we can only get just above 12,000 in attendance?? somethin like 68%... wtf is that

Apparently schools in Northern NJ also had school today, which was completely weird for me seeing as I'm used to schools being off today.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#285 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Chill.... It was a big work day so a lot of people couldn't make it.. Plus, last season's Columbus Day game had like 2k fewer people AND it was against the Penguins.. So tonight was a pretty good improvement, and great when you compare it to last season

Not to mention that everyone who was there thought it was 14k - 15k attendance, because the balconies were pretty full

lol we already clarified that

#286 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Kovalchuk had an OKAY game... Still scares me especially when he went in front of Hedberg and almost turned it over in the slot. :unsure:
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#287 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

Kovalchuk had an OKAY game... Still scares me especially when he went in front of Hedberg and almost turned it over in the slot. :unsure:

3 points

OKAY? seriously, fvck outta here with that crap

#288 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

lol, he had three points (including the game-winning goal and two primary assists) and was a plus one, but it was an 'okay' game because of one goofy brain fart that didn't even cost the team. Plus he made a nice play getting back to break up a two-on-one in the first period. Kovy gets graded on an impossible curve sometimes.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 October 2011 - 10:56 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#289 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Actually last year was around 12,000 and change in attendance too for Columbus Day. But realy the second home game has always been an attendance pit (remember Halloween against Tampa in the second ever game at the Rock?). At least on Columbus Day it's an excuse to get more kids in the building.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#290 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

haha he definitely had a good game. but you cant help but ask, what the hell was that stunt??

#291 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

I still don't like that Salvador-Volchenkov pair. I wonder if they'll change anything up at all.

Also, I hope they experiment a little more with the bottom two lines. I'm not sure how I feel about keeping Henrique on the fourth line.

#292 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Got to watch the first period before having to go into work. Got the rest from phone txt updates. Looks like I missed a good one!
Posted Image Posted Image

#293 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Why do they have these Columbus Day matinees? I don't think enough people have the day off for it to be a better idea than just having it at night.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#294 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Why do they have these Columbus Day matinees? I don't think enough people have the day off for it to be a better idea than just having it at night.

I agree. if they planned this to be a money maker, they should've learned from last year

#295 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

People arguing how many people show up to Devils games is pretty funny. They fudge their numbers and move them around. The only number I'd trust is the grand total at the end of the season... maybe.

When you have a game that gets snowed against Philly on a Friday or something and you announce 5K and change... pretty easy to see they're playing games. Like 10K people buy the ticket within a day or two of the game. :lol: Then you'll have a Tuesday snow game against Ottawa that gets announed at 13K

#296 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

People arguing how many people show up to Devils games is pretty funny. They fudge their numbers and move them around. The only number I'd trust is the grand total at the end of the season... maybe.

When you have a game that gets snowed against Philly on a Friday or something and you announce 5K and change... pretty easy to see they're playing games. Like 10K people buy the ticket within a day or two of the game. :lol: Then you'll have a Tuesday snow game against Ottawa that gets announed at 13K

maybe it was the fact that people got shot the other day in Newark...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#297 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

All in all, it was a good, exciting game yesterday. Fun to be at.

Our stars played like stars.

#298 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

maybe it was the fact that people got shot the other day in Newark...

...doesn't hurt the philly attendance

#299 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

I agree. if they planned this to be a money maker, they should've learned from last year

The point was not to make money.. They already know that the 2nd game of the season is a dud.. Always will be, so instead they focus on getting as many young fans in the building as possible since schools were off.. I'd say there were more kids under the age of 12 than there were adults.. Got to build the young fan base and having a game for kids is a great way to get parents over their fear of the rough and tough hockey fans

...doesn't hurt the philly attendance

:rofl: at least they didn't knife each other after the opener this time

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#300 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

there was a fight going on outside after the philly game. it was small and just as much highway-cone orange standing around encouraging it as devils fans, or people who needed their wrestling fix if they hadn't watched in a few days. I'm sure it was short lived once cops got wind. Everyone was yelling colorful stuff at the flyers fans going by. Sucks some of us have to stoop to their level but sometimes that's all people from philly understand. And if you do stoop low like that, make sure you win the fight.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users