Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

http://www.yardbarke...ng_game/7391497
Philadelphia Flyers Fans Boo Anti-Cancer Ad Featuring Rival Players During Game
During an intermission between periods in the game against the Vancouver Canucks in the team’s home opener, a Hockey Fights Cancer public service announcement appeared on the arena’s jumbotron. The PSA featured Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby, Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews and Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller, disliked players on teams which have had bitter rivalries with the Flyers over the years. So Flyers fans did what came naturally when they saw those players: they booed them, despite the fact they were representing and speaking to a worthwhile cause which I am confident most Flyers fans wouldn’t boo had it not been for those players’ appearances in the spot.

Edited by Rock, 13 October 2011 - 01:51 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Eh karma's a bitch.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#3 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

That's actually funny.

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Flyers fans are soulless a$$holes?!?! What?!?! :giggle:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Ethically i am going to have to ask my patients if they are flyers fans :0p

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

I just want to know how Philly, that tiny little corner of the world...got so rotten. I mean you got Baltimore Orioles fans right around the corner...and they're fine. It's almost like the Philadelphia fan bases are benign tumors on the sports landscape...benign, but tumors nontheless
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

I just want to know how Philly, that tiny little corner of the world...got so rotten. I mean you got Baltimore Orioles fans right around the corner...and they're fine. It's almost like the Philadelphia fan bases are benign tumors on the sports landscape...benign, but tumors nontheless

Baltimore sports fans are fine when it comes to the Orioles because the O's give them nothing to be arrogant about. But when it comes to the Ravens? They're a bunch of purple-clad lunatics.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

It's not unprecedented. I was at Giants Stadium when an esteemed cancer doctor and a former supermodel (don't remember who) got booed out of the building during their speeches because they were on the field at the same time as Tisch was. :lol:

#9 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

philly fans are scumbags... i remember during an eagles vs cowboys game, they booed Irvin when he was carried out on a stretcher
http://sportsillustr...philly_fans_ap/

#10 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

It's Philadelphia, the hell-hole of the Mid-Atlantic. They're just a bunch of cheesesteak eating goons. Flyers fans sometimes make Ranger fans look pretty tame.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#11 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

I talked to my gf's father who is like 62 and used to be an Eagles and Flyers STH.. He said back during the Broad Street Bullies the Flyers fans were pretty benign.. But he said that Eagles fans were always crazy, and he thinks that the atmosphere created by the Eagles just spread to the other sports (Flyers and Phillies).. It became an acceptable culture that they seem to be proud of

It's really disgusting but then again it's just an ugly side of humanity.. People can be flat out dirty

Edited by Colin226, 13 October 2011 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Devils fans boo'ed the Crosby spot tonight....time for pot/kettle/black much guys?
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Devils fans boo'ed the Crosby spot tonight....time for pot/kettle/black much guys?

well, maybe if they used a devil...I've seen Marty do something similar lately, or Parise, Kovy, Elias? I wish the league would stop relying on the league pretty boys. Lol if he didn't get dropped by the rangers, could have used Avery as an anti-bullying spokesman...:rofl:

.....oh wait...:unsure:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#14 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

It all stems from the colonial days - they were intrumental in our revolution .. they were rotten back then, thank God
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,076 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

Well we booed Crosby, not Miller or Toews :lol:

Let's face it, anyone's fanbase has enough yahoos to boo their rivals the minute they see them up on the screen. Ranger fans would boo Marty doing that spot, hell Nuck fans would probably boo Tim Thomas. But yeah we can't exactly claim the high ground now.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

devils fans shouldn't critisize booing by anyone. devils fans (atleast in our building)boo everything. if they put a recognizable serial killer in a devs sweater up on the scoreboard, they'd probably cheer.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#17 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

I think the fanbases are still somewhat different depending on the sport and opponent. I went to a Phils/Red Sox game this past summer and sat in the 8th row behind the sox dubgout. Those sections were split almost 50/50 Phils/Sox fans and I witnessed no problems (not even vulgar language) at all.

On the other hand, I bought tickets to the 11/3 devils game in Philly and specifically bought club/suite tickets to stay away from the riff raff. I am so ashamed of myself it's ridiculous, but I truly believe I've lowered my chances of getting shanked with a sharpened toothbrush by sitting in the suite.

But then again...who knows with those crazy philly a$$holes.

#18 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

shanked :giggle: maybe they'll just throw cheesesteaks at you

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#19 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

if you're afraid of the scum in philly, you're a bit of a pansy to be honest. they're classless pieces of sh!t but they're not going to kill you.

it's a shame no devils fans make the trip there anymore

#20 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

if you're afraid of the scum in philly, you're a bit of a pansy to be honest. they're classless pieces of sh!t but they're not going to kill you.

it's a shame no devils fans make the trip there anymore

I was overstating about the shank for emphasis; obviously I'm not worried about actually being killed. And, I've given Rangers/Flyers fans enough of a hard time in my day that I fully expect it back, but taking into consideration their reputation, I wouldnt want to have a beer thrown at me or anything of that nature. That's a line I've never crossed. Since I've never been to the WF Center, I really dont know if it goes beyond what I typically expect as rivals banter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users