36 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

if you're afraid of the scum in philly, you're a bit of a pansy to be honest. they're classless pieces of sh!t but they're not going to kill you.

it's a shame no devils fans make the trip there anymore

Yeah! What a bunch of Pansies!

http://www.myfoxphil...Beaten_To_Death

Members of the two groups wound up fighting at McFadden's Restaurant & Saloon (which is built into the ballpark but has a separate entrance). When security tossed the combatants out onto the street, words continued being exchanged until the fighting escalated again in a parking lot at 7th Street and Pattison Avenue.

When police arrived to break up the fight they began arresting the 30 to 40 participants and taking in witnesses. But officers found Sale unconscious and hurt on the ground.

He died within an hour at a hospital.

As for what started it all, Clark said, "It was over a spilled drink. Someone spilled a drink on someone, bumped into someone -- it was apparently very crowded in there. From there, it escalated into a war of words and a physical altercation. They were all ejected, and you had a beating and subsequent killing outside of the bar."

http://deadspin.com/...other-in-philly

These were all Flyers fans fighting. I don't know why. I guess drinking all day had something to do with it? Anyway, some guy comes walking by with his buddy screaming, "Call an ambulance!" He had been stabbed and his intestines were literally hanging out! There was blood everywhere.

Philadelphia sports fans only kill/attempt to kill their own! Pansies!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

So the Flyer fans booed their biggeest rival Crosby on their big screen, during a PSA. This really isn't a story. Did you ever hear how loud their Crosby Sukcs chant is? They probably can't wait until he returns to restart that. I'm sure the Caps fans would boo the PSA too.

#23 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

ok ok, when i first read this title i thought this was gonna be a ridiculous a$$hole move by the fans.. but dont over-criticize this issue.. first of all, the players could've been shown before the fans even realized what the ad was for. and even if that wasnt the case, its clear they were booing the players not the ad. this isn't THAT big a deal

dont get me wrong, though... philly fans are the most garbage pieces of trash that are only a$$holes because they think they are tough.. even the tiniest most embarrassing philly fan will act tough at an even just because its reputation tells him to do so.. they're a joke

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#24 Milky Manchester

Milky Manchester

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I was at the game last night and the same video was played. I definitely heard some boos when it first came on. I don't think most people realized it was a PSA until about 5 seconds in, when Crosby mentions the cause. For all the holier-than-thou Devils fans responding to this thread, you play at an arena where fans routinely (always) chant "Rangers Suck" and "Flyers Swallow" after the Devils score. Stay classy.

#25 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

For all the holier-than-thou Devils fans responding to this thread, you play at an arena where fans routinely (always) chant "Rangers Suck" and "Flyers Swallow" after the Devils score. Stay classy.

Note that the bolded doesn't read "during anti-cancer public service announcements".

No one has a problem with hating on a rival. That's sports. It's the whole part about it being an anti-cancer thing that made this a story.
Posted Image

#26 Milky Manchester

Milky Manchester

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Note that the bolded doesn't read "during anti-cancer public service announcements".

No one has a problem with hating on a rival. That's sports. It's the whole part about it being an anti-cancer thing that made this a story.

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this. The whole "Rangers/Flyers suck" thing is not only stupid and classless, it's embarrassing. It reeks of an inferiority complex which is totally unnecessary. As far as Flyer fans are concerned, they definitely get a bad rap from people who have never actually been to a Flyers game. Philly is a great town with great fans.

#27 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

clearly we are not the fan base that screamed out flyers suck during the khl tribute opening night

#28 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this. The whole "Rangers/Flyers suck" thing is not only stupid and classless, it's embarrassing. It reeks of an inferiority complex which is totally unnecessary. As far as Flyer fans are concerned, they definitely get a bad rap from people who have never actually been to a Flyers game. Philly is a great town with great fans.

Wow. Chanting "Rangers Suck!" reeks of an inferiority conplex, is stupid, classless and embarassing. But fans that intentionally vomit on children, throw batteries at black athletes and athletes that spurned their city, stab each other, beat each other to death, boo Santa and cheer when an opposing player appears paralyzed are "great fans."

Thanks for straightening that out.
Posted Image

#29 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

Wow. Chanting "Rangers Suck!" reeks of an inferiority conplex, is stupid, classless and embarassing. But fans that intentionally vomit on children, throw batteries at black athletes and athletes that spurned their city, stab each other, beat each other to death, boo Santa and cheer when an opposing player appears paralyzed are "great fans."

Thanks for straightening that out.

Booing santa, now that's just plain wrong. I can only imagine all the kids that must've went home crying that day.

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this.

The Hockey Fights Cancer was plastered on the jumbotron at the same time Crosby came up, weak excuse.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Im sorry, but last year after the 1rst game against Philly in Newark, the Philly fans got back on a buss full of their own fans and got into a knife fight. I mean seriously, I am happy for Philly, it allows me to feel better about being from Newark.

#32 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Booing santa, now that's just plain wrong. I can only imagine all the kids that must've went home crying that day.

It being Philly, the kids were all probably too drunk to care.
Posted Image

#33 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

De-evolution at its finest.

i've never had too much trouble at the sh!thole center in philly, it's great when the devils win there.

#34 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

The guy that got killed outside McFadden's had NOTHING to do with a sporting event. It was a bachelor party taking place there.

The bottomline is that there are morons EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Eztarget, 18 October 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#35 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Still shot:

http://thebiglead.co...phia-obviously/

Video:

http://www.huffingto...i_n_603014.html

Of course, in the video you can't see the kid tapping the ashes off his cigarette, but that's video for 'ya ;)

Edited by jim777, 18 October 2011 - 10:27 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#36 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

De-evolution at its finest.

i've never had too much trouble at the sh!thole center in philly, it's great when the devils win there.

yeah. being from south jersey, I go to games all the time. the worst i've honestly encountered was playful teasing, and some good arguments. If you arent obnoxious, then you will have no problem.

with that being said, there is not better feeling than walking out of the WFC with a devils win

#37 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

The guy that got killed outside McFadden's had NOTHING to do with a sporting event. It was a bachelor party taking place there.

It was a bachelor party at the bar inside the stadium where a Phillies game was in progress, and all involved were Phillies fans.

Yep, had nothing to do with a sporting event. :rolleyes:

This is what's worst about Philly fans. Yes, there are plenty of fans there that actually aren't degenerates. But when those degenerates act up, the rest of the fan base defends them. "It had nothing to do with a sporting event." "You can't prove that guy intentionally puked on that girl." "The guy we booed wasn't actually Santa."

How about you hold each other accountable, rather than defending the scumbags that give you a bad name?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users