65 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

It's pretty bad, especially considering all the cap space and actual money they have to give Palmer too.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 October 2011 - 10:49 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Holy crap. A conditional 1st in 2013! Anyone heard what that condition is. Make the playoffs or win a playoff game? This could be one of the worst deals in NFL history.

Oakland making bad deals is just a tribute to Al Davis.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#63 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Oakland making bad deals is just a tribute to Al Davis.

Wow, how predictable.. manta making fun of Al Davis when his body hasn't even gotten cold yet. lol

#64 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Holy crap. A conditional 1st in 2013! Anyone heard what that condition is? Make the playoffs or win a playoff game? This could be one of the worst deals in NFL history.

The condition is apparently if they win a playoff game lol. If they don't win a playoff game, they give up a 2nd in 2013 instead of a first.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#65 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

I don't disagree that it's an overpayment considering the predicament the Bengals were in, and this pretty much destroys the Raiders' 2012 draft (and could hurt 2013 if that pick turns into a 1st rounder)... BUT, I do still think Palmer has something left* and the Raiders are a lot better today than they were yesterday. They're really going for it. It's a big, probably foolish, gamble. We'll see how it pays off.

I think David Garrard needing surgery really stung them here; they could have just signed him and gotten a decent replacement without giving up anything.

*: I know the interceptions were awful last year, but everything else wasn't that bad; his completion rate was just under Matt Ryan, he was 6th in passing yards, 9th in touchdowns ... I don't think he's finished, and teams are going to respect him more than they would a Kyle Boller, which could help the running game (as if McFadden needs any more help :P). Perhaps the biggest issue will be how quick he can learn the offense and get into the rhythm of playing again.

Regardless of what happens in Oakland though, I definitely agree this is a major win for the Bengals. Peter King said he heard Marvin Lewis would have been thrilled to just get a 2nd rounder for Palmer.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 October 2011 - 01:51 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#66 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

hey the way the Raiders draft in the first round, not having the picks might be a BONUS and Palmer may be better then the stiffs they tend to land anyway :lol:

and watch the Bengals STILL screw up 4 first rounders in 2 years :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users