Photo

GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Nashville Predators

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

Poll: GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Nashville Predators (41 member(s) have cast votes)

The New Jersey Devils will...

1. Win in regulation. (28 votes [68.29%])

Percentage of vote: 68.29%

2. Lose in regulation. (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

3. Win in OT. (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

4. Lose in OT. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Win in SO. (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

6. Lose in SO. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#401 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hahaha I just finished to read all 20 pages and I must say this thread was hilarious !! :giggle:

Those comments on Clarkson, Kovy, Tedenby were delicious (already knowing what would happen).

Should we start to wait until the end of the game before criticizing the players :rolleyes:
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#402 ryani1978

ryani1978

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

Any go to the game on here? I did and there was a section, about 20 Devil fans, that were really loud, especially after the 2nd goal and got a Let's go Devils chant going. Possibly Devils fan club or something?
With that said, Nashville is there to stay. I was so impressed by the atmoshere during and after the game. Fans are really into it, it's great to see. The bar scene afterwards is crazy to say the least, a live band in a bar every 20 feet it seemed. I've gone to Atlanta games before and it was dead compared to this.

#403 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Should we start to wait until the end of the game before criticizing the players :rolleyes:

Please.....3 years of stupidity, regression and an awful cap number are NOT wiped out on one fluke goal that the real work was done by Tedenby :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#404 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

Any go to the game on here? I did and there was a section, about 20 Devil fans, that were really loud, especially after the 2nd goal and got a Let's go Devils chant going. Possibly Devils fan club or something?
With that said, Nashville is there to stay. I was so impressed by the atmoshere during and after the game. Fans are really into it, it's great to see. The bar scene afterwards is crazy to say the least, a live band in a bar every 20 feet it seemed. I've gone to Atlanta games before and it was dead compared to this.

I've heard Nashville is an awesome town- I'm not a big country music guy, but even I'd like to get down there and check it out sometime.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#405 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

I've heard Nashville is an awesome town- I'm not a big country music guy, but even I'd like to get down there and check it out sometime.

Nashville is a great town. While the music scene is dominated by country, there are a lot of other outlets for different genres across rock and hip hop. There is a lot to go see and do in the town but one of my favorite parts was being a short car ride away from the countryside. Tennessee is absolutely beautiful.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#406 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

Please.....3 years of stupidity, regression and an awful cap number are NOT wiped out on one fluke goal that the real work was done by Tedenby :P

Agree. Like I said that idiot will get a goal here and there but it is chump change compared to what he had so far cost his team with his dumb mistakes, penalties, giveaways and cap hit.

#407 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

I wasn't talking about Clarkson specially :P But you get the point.
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#408 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

lol the Clarkson cap hit is no issue this year. But yeah it'd be nice to see the player of three years ago more often.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#409 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

Too lazy to read through the thread, so I beg your pardon if I'm just repeating. Just two quick thoughts ...

1) Is Clarkson slowly being turned into a center? Seems to be taking a lot of draws lately, and doing pretty well to boot.

2) After watching this game, does anyone think Nashville's fans are classless?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#410 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

2) After watching this game, does anyone think Nashville's fans are classless?

What makes you say this?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#411 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

he's referring to the asinine 'you suck' chants that nashville fans do throughout the game. at least they came up with them first.

Edited by Triumph, 16 October 2011 - 09:32 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#412 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

At least there isn't a sexual connotation to their chants. :lol:

Mommy, why do the Flyers swallow?

#413 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

he's referring to the asinine 'you suck' chants that nashville fans do throughout the game. at least they came up with them first.

I think about 30+ colleges used that chant before Nashville or NJ.
Posted Image

#414 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Ehh I don't think it matters either way. We ended up tying the game and shutting up their crowd, so it's moot anyway. By the time the shoot out came I heard more cheers for Parise, Kovy and Moose than I did for Nashville. :)
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#415 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Yep. And while no one in this thread said anything about Nashville fans being classless after hearing those chants, there was a brief exchange on Page 7 admiring how loud and well-organized they were.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#416 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico puzzling:

STEVE: "If pre before before, then how can a used car be sold as pre-owned?"
CHICO: "I've wondered that myself. I think something gets lost in the interpretation."
STEVE: "Interpretation? Anyway, the Devils line up for a faceoff in the offensive zone..."
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#417 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

See I think I must be even weirder than those two because my response would have been -- Clearly it's supposed to be post-owned but that sounds more like a euphemism for "Stolen car" or "repossessed" not merely used. personally I feel they should call it a beater - it's sportier :evil: :uni:

"Ms Pepperkorn - you just cost us the Ray Catena contract - but Malouf thought it was funny - so you're not fired yet"

I'm here for the party

#418 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

I wonder if Chico's got a crew of guys who jack cars for him. The guy's shady, I tell you.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#419 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Did anyone catch the commentating that Chico made about Clarkson "putting his stick between his legs and not getting any wood on it" when he missed that first chance? haha that was perfect. I'd love to get the actual quote, but it was something along the lines of that hahaha

Edited by Aznjsn, 17 October 2011 - 11:49 AM.

Put food on my family

#420 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Back when Andreychuk was with the Devils, Chico used to talk about his "nice soft dumps."

I envisioned Dave sitting on the bowl, just having the time of his life...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users