33 replies to this topic

#1 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

I just saw it on the Devils Facebook. If someone has a link, feel free to post it, as I'm on a Blackberry at work. Just wanted to get the info up and let everyone know.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

I just saw it on the Devils Facebook. If someone has a link, feel free to post it, as I'm on a Blackberry at work. Just wanted to get the info up and let everyone know.

TG has it: http://blogs.northje...m/blogs/fireice

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

TG has it: http://blogs.northje...m/blogs/fireice

Thanks Squish!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well deserved. He was as much a member of the family as any player to have ever played for us.

Watching the games on TV now is just sad. Cangi is a good enough play by play guy, but the games just feel a little dull and boring without Doc's remarks or the great chemistry he had with Chico. I'm sure as time goes on, Cangialosi will get better and the interactions with Chico will improve, but in the meantime it really hurts not having Doc around anymore.

#5 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Well deserved. He was as much a member of the family as any player to have ever played for us.

Watching the games on TV now is just sad. Cangi is a good enough play by play guy, but the games just feel a little dull and boring without Doc's remarks or the great chemistry he had with Chico. I'm sure as time goes on, Cangialosi will get better and the interactions with Chico will improve, but in the meantime it really hurts not having Doc around anymore.

we all know steve is no doc, but it seemed last game he was trying to raise his voice more (get more excited) when there was a good shot or save. I think he'll be fine once he has a yr under his belt of doing the whole season.

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

we all know steve is no doc, but it seemed last game he was trying to raise his voice more (get more excited) when there was a good shot or save. I think he'll be fine once he has a yr under his belt of doing the whole season.

Exactly what I noticed.

He's trying, certainly seems to be trying to improve his play-by-play. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll get better over time.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

I don't like Steve very much, but I will cut him some slack since no one can fill his shoes. Also watching out of town games really helps give me perspective, their are A LOT of bad announcers out there. But I do kind of wish there was an option to watch a game with the commentators muted but the game sounds still live.

And yea, nothing but <3 for Doc, gonna get tickets asap.

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

I liked this night better the first time 3 years ago.

#9 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

still have my poster from that night.
Spoiler

But Doc deserves...

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

lol well technically that was for his induction into the HOF. This one's probably more of a formal goodbye and celebration of his time with the Devils specifically, hang a banner up and/or rename the broadcast booth, something like that. Nothing wrong with it...we had seperate ceremonies for Stevens on retiring his number and going to the HOF. We even had two ceremonies for Dano (one a 'night' with bobbleheads just after he retired, then came the number retiring after Stevens' ceremony).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 October 2011 - 03:30 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

I don't like Steve very much, but I will cut him some slack since no one can fill his shoes. Also watching out of town games really helps give me perspective, their are A LOT of bad announcers out there. But I do kind of wish there was an option to watch a game with the commentators muted but the game sounds still live.

And yea, nothing but <3 for Doc, gonna get tickets asap.

I used to be able to sort of fake this, but I don't bother anymore since I don't get Devs games down here in the Philly suburbs. My cable box goes into an Onkyo head, and the Onkyo goes to the big flatscreen for video and out through the stereo speakers for audio. By switching the output of the Onkyo around from straight stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 I was always able to get the announcers track to go dead (sent to a non-existent channel). It's great for football, you can hear the stands and crowd and the local field announcers, but no idiots calling the plays or doing color. Give it a shot if you have an A/V head setup.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#12 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

I used to be able to sort of fake this, but I don't bother anymore since I don't get Devs games down here in the Philly suburbs. My cable box goes into an Onkyo head, and the Onkyo goes to the big flatscreen for video and out through the stereo speakers for audio. By switching the output of the Onkyo around from straight stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 I was always able to get the announcers track to go dead (sent to a non-existent channel). It's great for football, you can hear the stands and crowd and the local field announcers, but no idiots calling the plays or doing color. Give it a shot if you have an A/V head setup.

Oddly enough my dad has a similar configuration, I'll have to give this a shot, did you have to send the announcers track to a different channel or did it just sort of take care of itself?

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

lol well technically that was for his induction into the HOF. This one's probably more of a formal goodbye and celebration of his time with the Devils specifically, hang a banner up and/or rename the broadcast booth, something like that. Nothing wrong with it...we had seperate ceremonies for Stevens on retiring his number and going to the HOF. We even had two ceremonies for Dano (one a 'night' with bobbleheads just after he retired, then came the number retiring after Stevens' ceremony).

I have no problem with Doc getting honored and all that, but this is the 2nd time along with like you said Dano and Stevens.

We make fun of the Rags for continuously celebrating 1994 by basically retiring half that teams numbers and constantly having celebrations about it 17 years later. I just do not want the Devils to turn into an organization that just keeps celebrating the same moments over and over again.

#14 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

NBC or Versus doesn't have a game that night, making me think that Doc will be there :)

#15 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Im hoping this will be a banner raised to the rafters .. one that certainly the majority of Devils fans and I can get behind ..
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#16 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

I would. Congrats to Doc

#17 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Needless to say I will be there

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#18 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

It would be nice to see a banner raised for Doc. Since the Pru Center expressively belongs to the Devils, they should be able to raise whatever they want, and something to honor Doc is more than appropriate. I hope it's more than just another painting and speech (which I think it will be).

#19 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

I have no problem with Doc getting honored and all that, but this is the 2nd time along with like you said Dano and Stevens.

We make fun of the Rags for continuously celebrating 1994 by basically retiring half that teams numbers and constantly having celebrations about it 17 years later. I just do not want the Devils to turn into an organization that just keeps celebrating the same moments over and over again.

I know we're doing 2 this year, but they're both for Hall of Famers. I have no problem with Nieds and Doc getting their due. I grew up with them as much as Stevens and Dano, and Doc has been the best in the business for a long time. We may never see anyone like them again, whereas we've seen multiple Adam Graves since 94.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#20 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Same here, I remember making that epic comeback and beating the Pens in overtime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)