#21 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

My link

thought if i wanted to read what happened the 1st time some of you guys might also
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Guess we could spin away the first episode that got him in trouble in the past too. Maybe he sharted that time he was wrongly accussed of "harassing" those whores who were obviously asking for it right??

Poor guy just always has gas nothing more nothing less.

lol, there's no way he got suspended 12 games for something benign like 'farting in class', even from a curmudgeon like Berenson. And like you said he's more or less a repeat offender (that's why we got a first-round talent in the second round, after all), or at least he hasn't exactly been an angel up to this point so I'm less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt than I would be if this was a first offense.

Plus it's not like he decided to go to juniors over college. He took college and then ran away from it when he got in trouble.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

What are his issues? Are you his therapist? I haven't read anything saying what he did.. For all I know, he farted in class and got suspended for it.. It's also awfully presumptuous to say what Lou is feeling, in any situation.. Yes, he traded Cormier, but Cormier was a good prospect and helped us get Kovy.. No one will ever know if he was traded because of his shenanigans or not

We know Lou didn't trade Cormier because of any of his actions because he said so many times. He even called Cormier to tell him that none of his past actions had anything to do with the deal. As far as I remember, Lou wanted to throw in Palmeiri as the prospect but Waddell would not budge unless it was Cormier. Only way the deal was getting done. And Lou made it very clear on multiple news outlets, going into more detail than he ever has with a deal.

Edited by devilsrule33, 20 October 2011 - 10:33 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#24 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

On that topic, it wouldn't surprise me if New Jersey reacquired Cormier with a new GM in Winnipeg. Cormier apparently played well enough to make the team but when they claimed MacLean he was sent down. The last GM liked Cormier, it doesn't mean this GM does.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 20 October 2011 - 10:44 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#25 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

Is it too far fetched to think Merrill will serve his suspension and then go to the Whalers? That way he deals with the consequences of his actions but then he makes up for the games he missed by playing a longer schedule somewhere else.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Is it too far fetched to think Merrill will serve his suspension and then go to the Whalers? That way he deals with the consequences of his actions but then he makes up for the games he missed by playing a longer schedule somewhere else.

I think that's a fairly reasonable scenario for everyone involved.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#27 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

I think that's a fairly reasonable scenario for everyone involved.

you follow this stuff closely...do you think merrill will be better off playing in the ohl for development purposes anyway
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#28 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

you follow this stuff closely...do you think merrill will be better off playing in the ohl for development purposes anyway

To be honest I just get to follow these guys statistically and see a few highlights here and there. I'm also fairly new compared to a lot of people in following NCAA and junior hockey, but I'm doing the best I can to learn. Jas0nMacIsaac could probably answer this question the best.

With that said, I hope Merrill ends up in Plymouth. Missing 12 games of the NCAA season is like missing a quarter of the year. The fact he hasn't been allowed back at practice is really discouraging. Even if he waited to serve his suspension at Michigan he could still end up getting a ton of games in at Plymouth so his development shouldn't be hurt. I know a lot of people consider the OHL superior to the NCAA anyway. I also look at it as another way for Merrill to get a different experience after having a very successful year in the college. Plus it would be awesome to see him and Wedgewood play together for a year.

With everything going on and his attendance at the Plymouth game on October 14 there seems to be a lot of smoke. I imagine a new update should come soon.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#29 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Plymouth is one of the better development teams in all the CHL. He would be in excellent hands.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Found this interesting bit from a guy who follows the OHL and Whalers closely...

http://twitter.com/#!/twharry/status/127984534447865856

"It's becoming less and less likely every day that Jon Merrill will sign with Plymouth. He's now 18 days away from being eligible to play."

#31 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Found this interesting bit from a guy who follows the OHL and Whalers closely...

http://twitter.com/#!/twharry/status/127984534447865856

"It's becoming less and less likely every day that Jon Merrill will sign with Plymouth. He's now 18 days away from being eligible to play."

thanks for the info...kinda disappointed

#32 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

I'm not as familiar with this source as the last one I posted so take this however you want...

http://twitter.com/#!/HockeyProspect/status/127997043376537601

"FWIW, been told that Jon Merrill is staying at U of M and will not be signing with Plymouth."

I guess on the brightside he's at least already completed 8 out of the 12 games of his suspension. Hopefully he gets allowed back into practice soon.

#33 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Here is some information from a reporter who follows Michigan.

http://michigan.riva...8912242&style=1

Expected to rejoin the team, eventually. Plymouth isn't actively trying to sign him because the kid has expressed his desire to return to U-M. That said, he has still not been cleared to practice. Think there is a decent chance we don't see him until after Christmas.

His suspension wouldn't allow him to play until the November 11 Michigan vs. Miami game. Sounding like he may not even make that date with him not being allowed back at practice yet. Michigan has just 16 regular season games after Christmas. Then they have the CCHA and NCAA tournaments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users