48 replies to this topic

#21 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

This may be good for us in the long run. It's fairly obvious Henrique will now be brought up to fill in, and if he can make good use of the minutes he'll suddenly be getting, we may end up with 3 good centers instead of 2 once Zajac and Josefson are back.

#22 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

I broke my collarbone sophomore year in HS and was back on the ice 2 months to the day after the break. Mine was the cleanest break possible. Take that for what it's worth.
Posted Image

#23 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

As long as he doesn't end up like Mr. McGregg.

with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg?
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#24 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Except Pittsburgh has a great D, and ours ain't that. Tonight was a severe reality check to what a good offense can do to us.

Eh, I'm not overly concerned. San Jose has a reputation for choosing quantity of shots over quality, and our d has always allowed a lot of shots trying to stop good ones. They only established a dominant cycle 2 or 3 times the whole game. Throw in the fact that Larsson looked like a rookie for the first time, and you get 41 shots against. Even with that number, only 1 goal was caused by bad d. The first was a softie. Moose was brilliant, but he wants that one back. The third was with the extra attacker. Larsson's gonna have growing pains, but he'll be good more often than not, and either way, the numbers were deceiving here. Sharks didn't have that many great chances. I'm more concerned about our inability to pressure Niemi, effective though we were on our chances.

with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg?

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

I truly feel bad for Josefson, this guy has had some bad luck in his short NHL career. Hopefully it won't be as bad as we think and it won't hinder his development too much.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

I saw a replay of the "play" that caused this to occur, looks like he got a bit of a shove from behind causing him to go into the boards. Should this be reviewed as a boarding call?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#27 hasunow

hasunow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

Thought i'd throw my thoughts in on a timetable for returning... i've broken my right clavicle too in just about the same fashion and it took me about 8 months to come back including rehab. It really all depends on how bad it's broken and where its broken. You hope for a clean break (which i did not have) and you hope it's in the middle of the bone. If it's in the middle, it'll heal faster with no surgery required (most of the time). If it's anywhere near the ends of the bone (closer to the neck or close to the shoulder; more often then not surgery is required and it takes more time to heal and rehab. But these guys are also professionally trained athletes or (excuse the lack of a better word), 'beasts'. Even the smaller NHL players like say Josefson are not mere men like us regular joes. When i broke mine i could barely skate off the rink on my own power cause my body was in such shock. Josefson skated off basically by himself, these guys are just made different. So in my opinion, he'll prolly be back around 3 - 4 months.

I remember when brian campbell got a broken clavicle last year round the same time (in march i believe) i got mine and he was back in 6 WEEKS!? in time for the playoffs. So you never know with these guys and the quality team doctors they have and ahem... drugs and painkillers that are provided and no extra charge.

Edited by hasunow, 22 October 2011 - 08:57 AM.

Doodles From My Noodle - Art Website

I'm on Twitter!

#28 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

Well, if the team is admitting that it's a broken clavicle, according to my Lou Injury Slide Scale this translates to... Oh god... Josefsen's head came off.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#29 2L3MI3UX2

2L3MI3UX2

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

He should avoid contact for at least 6 weeks....so if everything goes OK....8 weeks maybe??

I broke my clavicle playing hockey. I'm not a professional athlete but it took me 8 weeks to go back on the ice.

#30 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

3-4 months

three to four freaking months.

ouch

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#31 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

TG just said he needed surgery. Well that sucks.

We really are having just the worst luck with injuries the past few years. And it's always important players.

Edited by Amberite, 22 October 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#32 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

TG - says successful surgery this morning.
JJ out 3 to 4 months

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

Awful. Another bump in the road for him and his development.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#34 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Oddly enough, Josefson's last injury -- a detached ligament in his thumb -- came against the San Jose Sharks as well. Oct 27th last year I believe.

Man, if there's ever a moral to the story, it's keep your head up against the Sharks. At least rookies, anyway.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#35 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Lou is hinting at a possible acquisition. Turris?

Lamoriello said he would look into acquiring a veteran center, but it appears Henrique will get an opportunity to show what he can do first.

“We’ll certainly look to see what can be done by all means, but right now the team is what it is,” Lamoriello said. “You’re always trying to get better, but you have to subtract in order to add a player. Henrique will get a chance right now.”

#36 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Lou is hinting at a possible acquisition. Turris?

The post says "veteran center" and I don't know that I'd consider Turris a veteran just yet.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,868 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Motherfvcker.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#38 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

The post says "veteran center" and I don't know that I'd consider Turris a veteran just yet.

Agreed, plus the way I took Lou's quote was he was going to explore all of his options just to make sure he covers all of his bases.

I did not expect to wake up to the news that Josefson will be out 3-4 months. Makes me feel even worse for him.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 22 October 2011 - 12:59 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#39 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Re: acquiring a veteran center. It seems Lou will wait to see how Henrique/Zubrus do filling in before he starts inquiring.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#40 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Not trying to be a board cop but -
Can we avoid making a thread like this without proof or a link. This OP would imply he's "done for the season"....
Pure speculation at this point. If you ARE speculating - state so.

Some people feel special seeing their name as an OP lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users