70 replies to this topic

#41 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

For whatever it's worth, Urbom was a healthy scratch in Albany tonight.

If Urbom is being moved it better be in a package where it provides bona fide NHL goal scoring. Maybe Bryce, Teds(or as I call him, lefty Bergfors), and a pick/corrente for Vermette. then recall Urbom or fly Stralman back.

Lou knows this center issue has to be addressed before going on the road trip, as the room hasn't gelled together yet, and he also knows that losing out on these early points could bury this team early. A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

I think it is gonna be Vermette.

#42 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

Turns out my gut feeling was gas, as I speculated earlier. More to come...

:koolaid:

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#43 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Incarcerated Bob is about as accurate as a hobo with a bottle of thunderbird.

He's on a like 25 prediction miss streak.

#44 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

If Urbom is being moved it better be in a package where it provides bona fide NHL goal scoring. Maybe Bryce, Teds(or as I call him, lefty Bergfors), and a pick/corrente for Vermette. then recall Urbom or fly Stralman back.

Lou knows this center issue has to be addressed before going on the road trip, as the room hasn't gelled together yet, and he also knows that losing out on these early points could bury this team early. A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

Yeah, I'm sure Lou is flying into a panic because his team lost an ambush game that was tied in the 3rd period.

Geez. lol. And if they traded Tedenby, who exactly is playing on the 3rd line? Next guy up is Boulton.

#45 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

I am all for giving a chance to Henrique, but

Zajac out + Josefson didn't really do the job IMO

Zajac out + Josefson out + Henrique = IMO won't do the job.

Henrique is a rookie. He can't center a 2nd line with Kovy as a winger and do it as good as Zajac would do it. Its not about panicking. Its just logic, that we get a decent center for Kovalchuk instead of putting rookies like Josefson and Henrique and hope for the best.

These early points are the points that make the difference at the end of the year.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,047 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

He got Asomugha to the Jets right though...OH WAIT :P

Whatever this guy's doing, he does it better than Єklund (2.3% accurate) cause people still take him seriously despite his number of misses.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,047 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

A) I'm sure Lou was doing that in the offseason, nothing on the waiver wire or Europe that's going to be an upgrade now.
B) You have to have another team willing to do a deal to actually do a deal. Who's going to trade a useful player now, for a prospect or pick?

Everyone has Columbus selling off whatever's not bolted to the floor but guess what, it's OCTOBER STILL!!! Nobody, even the Jackets (who haven't played a game with Wisniewski yet and had Carter miss the last couple) are bad enough to start selling players off at this point of the season. There's just too much time left.

Even rebuilding teams have to give the illusion of being competitive for half the season or so to sell tickets. And Columbus came into the year trumpeting their improvement with Carter/Wisniewski...they're not going to blow that up in seven, eight games.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 October 2011 - 07:11 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

People want a center, understandably. However, I'm not willing to give up really anything of value right now unless we're getting long-term solutions to problems. If the Devils feel Kyle Turris has a greater upside and they want to trade a Merril or Urbom...then fine.

However, I'm all for letting this season takes its course, the young guys get their experience, and so on.

We have good pieces to the team, but they are pretty much misjointed at the moment - slotting is all off, and I think we're very easy to play against.

#49 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

There are hobos all across america who are insulted by this comparison!

#50 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

Zharkov was also scratch for Albany with Urbom.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#51 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

Zharkov was also scratch for Albany with Urbom.

Reports are Zharkov has been nursing a lower body injury which is why he was held out of the line up this weekend.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#52 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

What is the rumor? I have apparently been blocked by incarcerated douche bag.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#53 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

What is the rumor? I have apparently been blocked by incarcerated douche bag.

its posted here somewhere

www.SterioDesign.com

#54 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

ok no basically it's nothing.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#55 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

I'm inclined to believe that scratching Urbom this weekend was possibly performance-related but more likely just trying to get everyone in the lineup.

Reports are Zharkov has been nursing a lower body injury which is why he was held out of the line up this weekend.

Yup.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#56 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

nothing on the waiver wire or Europe that's going to be an upgrade now.

Anyone watching international hockey (hell anyone watching the olympics or world cup) knows this simply isn't true. There are definitively numerous players in europe that would be a reinforcement for the current devils top 6..
Posted Image

#57 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Anyone watching international hockey (hell anyone watching the olympics or world cup) knows this simply isn't true. There are definitively numerous players in europe that would be a reinforcement for the current devils top 6..

but they're not walking through that door. and also there are far fewer of these players than you think.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#58 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

:rant: /on
I honestly follow the devils more closely then I follow any european team at the moment, but there are many examples of great european players who are never really given a chance in the NHL. Players that are brought over are given ridiculous two-way contracts, and if they are not an immediate impact they get dumped to some sh!tty "dump-and-chase" farmer league until they give up and go back home to europe. (Espen Knutsen with the Ducks.) Which usually doesn't take to long since the pay is way better in the top european leagues then in the AHL. (Recently Jonas Holøs of the Avs opted out of AHL play to go back to a $1 mill/year contract in the SEL.) Next up could be Mats Zuccarello of the NYR, MVP of the SEL, but given low minutes on poor lines in the NHL. Dumped to the AHL recently, making next to no money at all. I expect he'll be back to europe in no-time as well, unless Tortorella changes his mind about him for some reason.

Anyway, those examples are norwegian players (I'm norwegian), and as we are all (painfully) well aware, the best talent in europe is in sweden, the czech republic and russia. I'm sure there's a bunch of NHL rejects that given the chance would do well.

:rant: /off

That said, right now we need something safe and tried. And you're certainly right about there not being many of those sitting around waiting that's for sure. :P

EDIT:
I'm actually kinda hoping we can make a deal for this Turris guy, seems like there's some potential there. How does this stuff work when he actually has no contract? How long does his club "own" him? In europe he'd obviously be able to go whereever he pleased at this point.

Edited by njdevsftw, 24 October 2011 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Maybe...Ryan Carter lol

And there you have it lol

Per Bob McKenzie
NJ claims Ryan Carter on waivers from FLA.

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Maybe...Ryan Carter lol

lou is it you :blink:
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users