53 replies to this topic

#41 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think our second line is looking pretty weird (sykora-elias-zubrus). only because each person isn't playing their "normal" position. Which it would be Elias-Zubrus-Sykora.
Devils.

#42 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

i really dont care as long as Zach is okay with it and that its not pushing him away from re-signing with us

www.SterioDesign.com

#43 Mu6atu

Mu6atu

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

i like this move for the time being now that zajac is out. parise and kovy are both good passers and are always scoring threats on the ice. parise is also a great defender so he should be fine playing center

#44 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

i like this move for the time being now that zajac is out. parise and kovy are both good passers and are always scoring threats on the ice. parise is also a great defender so he should be fine playing center

agreed. solid post

#45 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

i know Parise will not be bad as a Center, but thats not my concern. my concern is that we may be taking one of our best scorers and put him in a place where he needs to focus on setting other guys up...

regardless, tho, i know we dont have much of a choice.. heres to wishin for the best!! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

i know Parise will not be bad as a Center, but thats not my concern. my concern is that we may be taking one of our best scorers and put him in a place where he needs to focus on setting other guys up...

regardless, tho, i know we dont have much of a choice.. heres to wishin for the best!! :cheers:

Nahhhhhh theres lots of top scorers who play center and parise is always everywhere and actually he scoring most of his goals around the net so thats where hes gonna endup

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

At the post game he sounded exactly like Elias after he got switched to center. I'm sure you guys remember he didn't exactly love the idea, but after playing it really liked the fact that he got to handle the puck a lot more. Parise said the same thing in the post game, how he liked having the puck more. Why wouldn't you want it in his hands more. :noclue:
Posted Image

#48 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

I approve of this experiment. I really like the idea and the team looks better on paper than when ZP plays LW.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#49 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if we had got hammered by the Kings?

If he is staying there untill Zajac or JJ comes back then lets see how this is going after 10 games.

His production and that of the line needs to be consistent.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#50 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

Putting the puck more times in the hands of guy with as much talent as Parise is a good thing. Watch the D when he carries the puck. He scares the Bejesus out of them knowing that he's not looking just to pass. Kings gave him a lot of room and that in turn created chances. When the focused on him, he found open wingers. Sheet, they could have scored in the first minute if Kovy planted himself on the corner of the goal when he tried his first wrap around. Team looked faster and more dangerous. I solidly approve of this move and think how scary that line will be once they get comfortable. :koolaid:
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#51 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if we had got hammered by the Kings?

If he is staying there untill Zajac or JJ comes back then lets see how this is going after 10 games.

His production and that of the line needs to be consistent.

ive been thinking about this....if parise does excel at center does he stay first line center...zajac as a 2nd line center behind parise makes sense to me as a solid one two punch..also we would suddenly not be weak at center with that combo
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#52 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

It seems to be working out for everyone. I hope it continues.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#53 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

Well obviously, in NHL 12 Parise is listed as a playmaker, so of course he'd work at the center position... :boogie:

He didn't look too out of place last night. I mean, as someone else said, he pretty much played as a winger in the offensive end..but this does allow for Kovy and Zach to be on the same line. Dangerous stuff.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#54 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

A healthy top 9 could look like...

Elias-Parise-Zubrus
Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri
Tedenby/Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson.

I like that a lot better than being overloaded on top 6 LWs.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users