46 replies to this topic

#1 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Just took a nasty high stick right to his eye. Could hear him scream on TV. Yikes.

#2 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

i guess that karma for....

well for being himself

www.SterioDesign.com

#3 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

I had the radio feed and even from there you could hear him screaming. Never heard a hockey player screaming like that. He's a douchebag but I'm hoping it's not as serious as it sounded (eye).

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Just youtube'd Pronger eye injury and almost passed out from the search results. I will wait for a link. Whew

#5 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

The look on his face is absolutely atrocious. Lets hope its a false alarm.

Posted Image

Edited by Amberite, 24 October 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

“Let’s put it on my headstone that I won’t go to Newark for a preseason game,” Pronger said in what has to be the best line to come out of Flyers camp this month.

I tried looking for more quotes like this from Pronger but they aren't at the top of Google searches.. I know he's never missed an opportunity to bash the crap out of our team.. Should I take the high road on this one? Eh, I guess.. Will I? **** that

Edited by Colin226, 24 October 2011 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

I tried looking for more quotes like this from Pronger but they aren't at the top of Google searches.. I know he's never missed an opportunity to bash the crap out of our team.. Should I take the high road on this one? Eh, I guess.. Will I? **** that

Yea he's a piece of sh!t, but this could be a career-ending injury for all we know. I only heard his screams through the radio feed, but from what I heard from people that saw it, it was just as bad live. I hate Pronger as much as anyone else, but when it comes to personal safety / serious injuries, it transcends hockey.

#8 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Yea he's a piece of sh!t, but this could be a career-ending injury for all we know. I only heard his screams through the radio feed, but from what I heard from people that saw it, it was just as bad live. I hate Pronger as much as anyone else, but when it comes to personal safety / serious injuries, it transcends hockey.

Agreed.

Edited by ghdi, 24 October 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Agreed.

LOL, nice recovery.

#10 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

i dont think its a career ending injury... he's still at the arena and not hospitalized so maybe its just something that need stitches but there wasnt any blood on the ice so maybe its not that bad... i dont think the blade of the stick could break his eye socket too

www.SterioDesign.com

#11 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

LOL, nice recovery.

:koolaid:

#12 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

i dont think its a career ending injury... he's still at the arena and not hospitalized so maybe its just something that need stitches but there wasnt any blood on the ice so maybe its not that bad... i dont think the blade of the stick could break his eye socket too

Hopefully you're right. Although Holmgren and Snyder both went down to the locker room, and they announced that Pronger is not coming back tonight and they are still not sure of the extent of his injury. That sounds like something a bit more severe.

Here is a video of the injury, btw: http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=130262

#13 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hopefully you're right. Although Holmgren and Snyder both went down to the locker room, and they announced that Pronger is not coming back tonight and they are still not sure of the extent of his injury. That sounds like something a bit more severe.

Here is a video of the injury, btw: http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=130262

yeah obviously a stick directly in the eye wouldnt necessarily bleed either and could be real bad but IMO he'd be gone to the hospital

i hope is out for 2 weeks at least so that we dont have to see him at our next game against them

www.SterioDesign.com

#14 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

That did not look good, hope he's okay. It might be time to start wearing a visor.

#15 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

This has me wondering...what is the point of there not being a penalty if a high stick occurs on a wind-up or follow-through? Obviously it is accidental but so is almost every high-sticking penalty.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#16 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Looked pretty nasty, heard the screaming on the tv feed. Hope he is alright.
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

I saw the video, and it looks bad, any serious injury to the eye HURTS! Well I hope he does not end up like a patient I saw in the PACU a few weeks ago, he only had one eye left after his accident and surgery...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#18 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

per Howardeskin

For all that wonder about Chris Pronger injury. He has eye injury, with some bleeding.. Could be out up to 2 weeks, but should be ok.

well thats great he should miss the game against NJ on Nov 3rd

www.SterioDesign.com

#19 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

See that's what I want to hear -- that he will be back & healthy - the sooner the better ---- and mercilessly taunted for howling like a leetle girlie.

I do NOT want it to be anything serious - where's the fun in that?

I'm here for the party

#20 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Glad to hear it's not serious. I hate Pronger as much as the next guy, but eye injuries are no joke. I don't wish something like that on anyone.

Edited by MadDog2020, 24 October 2011 - 08:26 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users