47 replies to this topic

#41 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

It speaks volumes that we have to pick up a center from waivers from FLORIDA and consider him a real possibility for our 3rd line.

#42 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

Great move by Lou to sign a depth player . He wont score 20 goals or win us a cup but never a bad thing to have guys that can fill in while your stars are injured.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#43 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

From NJ.Com:

“No, I think he's been alright. If you look at our center position, two of your top three centermen have gone down. So we’re basically one injury away from having to play wingers out of position. You can never have enough centermen.

"This guy is an NHL player. He's played a bunch of games in the NHL in some good situations. I think he was in Anaheim for five years and won quite a few games there. He knows how to the play the game and gives us a little bit of veteran experience up the middle. We're pretty young there."

DeBoer coached Carter in Florida last season.

“We basically picked him up at the trade deadline in Florida last year, so I worked with him for the last six weeks of the season. He’s a centerman. He’s versatile. He plays the game the right way. He plays with energy. I think he can kill penalties. He’s one of those guys that can play a role and help us.”

Carter was scheduled to join the Devils Wednesday night, but DeBoer said he wasn’t certain if he’d be in the lineup Thursday night against the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena.

"I don't know. He's scheduled to get in tonight so depending on the time and things like that, we;ll talk about it," DeBoer said.

"I think he's a good faceoff guy. I don't know what the numbers show but I believe he can help us there," the coach said.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#44 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

Great move by Lou to sign a depth player . He wont score 20 goals or win us a cup but never a bad thing to have guys that can fill in while your stars are injured.

Carter has a Cup ring. :giggle:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#45 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

#46 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

RYAN CARTER!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Posted Image

#47 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he scores a goal tonight :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#48 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he scores a goal tonight :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Well, he was on the ice for Phoenix's goal just now so he paid dividends for them so far!
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users