60 replies to this topic

#61 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I live the Ponijosefnier line, they add some size and scoring to the 4th line and the other 3 lines are spread out pretty evenly when Zajac returns.

Kovy-Henrique-Clarkson
Parise-Zajac-???
Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

We have a hole on RW, let's wait and see whether Zharky/Teddy/Napalm/or from a trade can give us a scary team up front.

I'd rather see Henrique and Elias switched. I don't like a line that has Kovy, Clarkson and a rookie together. That line has the potential to get dominated by other team's top lines if they get caught in the d zone.

I'd like to see this:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovy-Elias-Sykora
Ponikarovsky-Henrique-Clarkson
Boulton-Josefson-Bernier

Four lines like this are really good and honestly can match up against any team in the league. The issue on this team is the defense, especially since it hasn't been 100% healthy all year. I'd really like to see a real top 4 guy that can be our offensive d-man, but that's going to be very hard/impossible to acquire at the deadline. Other than that, our goaltending has been good enough lately and our offense has been better than just about anyone else since the break, so I have no doubt in my mind that we will make the playoff and have a chance to make it deeper than just the first round.

Lets just hope we can make it as the 4th, 5th or 6th seed so we can play Philly, Pittsburgh or whoever wins the Southeast division because those matchups, I think, give us the best chance to make it past the first round. I don't think anyone here can deny that if we make the playoffs, we have a chance to go deep. If we get in as the 5th seed, then win and someone upsets Boston, the path to go deep just got much easier. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

People talk about NJ as if they're a bubble team, but in reality we've won just as many games as Philly, Pit, St. Louis and 1 more than Chicago has, but people talk about those teams being "elite" teams in the league and how they have the ability to go deep in the playoffs or even having a shot at the Cup. So if they're elite teams and have real chances to win it all, than so do we.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users