17 replies to this topic

#1 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I have loved what I've seen from this kid since his call up. I was at the King's game and very close to the ice and was able to iso him on his shifts. He easily could have had a hat-trick that night. He skates well, passes crisply, seems to have good hockey sense and has an accurate shot. I think NJD has a winner here.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

i think it was lemaire who said that when kids come up, it's not the first couple games you judge them by. they've got extra adrenaline, they're maxing out everything, etc. it's games 5-10 where you get a sense of what you might have.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

I get that, but it's not just "team spirit" -- dude has talent with the puck.

And Sundstrom, this was a positivity thread.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#4 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

I see a lot of Plekanec in him.

#5 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

risky - i'm bullish on him for sure. i like what i see a lot and if the devils are in it and healthy come playoffs, we could see something like:

parise-zajac-zubrus
kovalchuk-elias-palmieri
tedenby-josefson-henrique
mills-carter-clarkson

now, it could get shuffled around for sure, but that's a lot of depth right there. in a deboer forechecking system, the speed and skill of these guys could really get something going.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#6 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

risky - i'm bullish on him for sure. i like what i see a lot and if the devils are in it and healthy come playoffs, we could see something like:

parise-zajac-zubrus
kovalchuk-elias-palmieri
mills-carter-clarkson

now, it could get shuffled around for sure, but that's a lot of depth right there. in a deboer forechecking system, the speed and skill of these guys could really get something going.

carter goes to Albany when Josefson and Zajac are back.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#7 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

i think it was lemaire who said that when kids come up, it's not the first couple games you judge them by. they've got extra adrenaline, they're maxing out everything, etc. it's games 5-10 where you get a sense of what you might have.

this is so true and really counter intuitive...obviously this does not mean we've seen the best from henrique by any strech but i would be careful to make snap judgements and look for consistency
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

henrique is exactly the sort of player that the devils over the past 10 years have failed to draft and develop, and it's hurt the team immensely in recent years.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

parise-zajac-zubrus
kovalchuk-elias-palmieri
mills-carter-clarkson

it'd be difficult to imagine carter stays in when zajac and josefson are back.. besides, are you sure you wanna break up clarkson and tedenby (who have gotten something going so far) to put henrique at the rw?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#10 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

carter goes to Albany when Josefson and Zajac are back.

it'd be difficult to imagine carter stays in when zajac and josefson are back.. besides, are you sure you wanna break up clarkson and tedenby (who have gotten something going so far) to put henrique at the rw?

its way too early to really make these kinds of calls. i mean, if you noticed, i didn't even have sykora starting. i just think this is a best case. in truth, clarkson would see more time than palmieri probably.
as for carter, he's not battling w/ JJ for time. He's battling w/ pelley and mills.

20082719943.png
-

#11 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

its way too early to really make these kinds of calls. i mean, if you noticed, i didn't even have sykora starting. i just think this is a best case. in truth, clarkson would see more time than palmieri probably.
as for carter, he's not battling w/ JJ for time. He's battling w/ pelley and mills.

wait i didnt notice but why'd you even leave out sykora?

good call, good call, tho. JJ is definitely gonna be set where he was

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

wait i didnt notice but why'd you even leave out sykora?

i'm just not sure that he's going to last and eventually, the younger guys with more speed will have to stay in the lineup.

20082719943.png
-

#13 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

i'm just not sure that he's going to last and eventually, the younger guys with more speed will have to stay in the lineup.

o wow ok, ok.. bold statement. but alright now we know where ya stand

#14 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

o wow ok, ok.. bold statement. but alright now we know where ya stand

i think i agree with him, he's probably gonna show something here and there making good passes and getting good shots but you need speed in this new NHL

www.SterioDesign.com

#15 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

i think i agree with him, he's probably gonna show something here and there making good passes and getting good shots but you need speed in this new NHL

yea i agree with that statement. but i dont think he's gonna disappear. i really do think he can play well with his linemates and he's gonna make a difference

#16 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

what i think we've learned over the years is that its almost impossible to pencil in a future lineup when you just can't predict injury and really can't predict effectiveness beyond your top 4 or 5 players.

i mean, for years, the devils really escaped the injury bug pretty good. then elias missed some significant time, then marty, last year parise. this year zajac. these are key guys the devils are without. when its a guy like josefson, or volchenkov, or even martin three years ago, you can survive those if they're limited to those guys. i was amazed they survived w/o marty. but we've seen when a key offensive cog like elias, parise or zajac misses significant time, it really puts this team's depth to the test.

20082719943.png
-

#17 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

can we dub the Clarkson/Tedenby line the "We all fall down" line? :)

#18 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

for me the first two line due to injury should be

Kovalchuk or parisé henrique Zubrus

Parisé or Kovalchuk Elias Sykora

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users