169 replies to this topic

#121 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

Well horrible road trip ... Devils need to get it together and figure out a way to get the scorers to score more than 1.

#122 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I thought Kovalchuk had a good game, despite not scoring. Same with Henrique, but these games are just getting depressing. Totally dominated most of the game, but again with the trouble scoring. This reminds me of parts of last year.

I was a bit disappointed with the D though this game. Greene had a couple opportunities that he didn't pursue. Tallinder didn't have a great game. At least Fayne is doing his job.

#123 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

You know what..I'm not waiting until the 20 game mark to call this team garbage. We'll be in 4th place and miss the playoffs again this year. This team never scores and never will. We signed a goal scoring machine before he came to the Devils and now he's just dormant. Maybe back in the 90s you could win games scoring once or twice a game but now it's not going to work. fvck this team. I don't care that it was a fluke goal either. Score more than fvcking once and the bounces will go their way. GARBAGE.

I'm gonna chalk that rant up to frustration. We'll see if you still feel that way tomorrow.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#124 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Id like to see the two Russians together , zharkov can't score but can handle and dish it to kovy, and they're Russian
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#125 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Id like to see the two Russians together , zharkov can't score but can handle and dish it to kovy, and they're Russian

+1 , Zharkov is back and played for Albany tonight.

#126 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Clearly Kovy is one of the very few that actually *DO* contribute offensively on this team.. blaming the lack of production on him is nothing short of retarded.
Posted Image

#127 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Kovalchuk's job is to score. He's not scoring. I don't care if he's contributing offensively, he needs to score. He's getting looks. It's not good enough. He needs to score. Bottom line.

#128 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Guys, lets step back from the ledge. We're 4-4-1 while missing our top two centers, starting goalie and our tough schedule. For christs sake, our easiest game was against Carolina, and we never play well in the west. I'd be disheartened if we got totally outplayed tonight, but that wasnt the case at all. We lost on a fluke goal, and the puck wasnt bouncing our way. I still think we'll be fine, probably a 6-8 seed. It's unrealistic to think we'll win every game.

#129 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

I'm gonna chalk that rant up to frustration. We'll see if you still feel that way tomorrow.

I am extremely angry with this team. Watching the Pens kill it still with out Crosby and watching the Flyers do well tonight I'm wondering when the fvck my team is going to do that and then I think to myself they probably won't.

#130 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

At this point, nothing makes more sense. Bring up Sharky, he deserves to be on the team.

#131 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Guys, lets step back from the ledge. We're 4-4-1 while missing our top two centers, starting goalie and our tough schedule. For christs sake, our easiest game was against Carolina, and we never play well in the west. I'd be disheartened if we got totally outplayed tonight, but that wasnt the case at all. We lost on a fluke goal, and the puck wasnt bouncing our way. I still think we'll be fine, probably a 6-8 seed. It's unrealistic to think we'll win every game.

this. although we're not missing our two top centers, and possibly not missing our best goalie, the team probably outchanced dallas. they have to get more power play opportunities and then capitalize on those, but the 2nd power play for NJ was very good.

Edited by Triumph, 29 October 2011 - 09:55 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#132 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Teddy and henrique sure looking up tho, oh and that d pair volchenchov salvador, blech
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#133 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Kovalchuk's job is to score. He's not scoring. I don't care if he's contributing offensively, he needs to score. He's getting looks. It's not good enough. He needs to score. Bottom line.

Boom. Exactly. We've been waiting for him to score for for a year + now.

#134 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

he had his best game in awhile. He had a lot of chances and it looks like he's shooting more. Ilya is a scorer. The goals will come if he keeps shooting like he did tonight

#135 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

This would all be fine and dandy if they didn't own the Kings the other night. The Devils made the mistake of giving their fans a sense that they would play differently this year, but as I pointed out that night, it was against a back up goalie. So congrats everyone we've managed 3 points in 5 games. Pathetic.

#136 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

It's just frustrating when they play a good game, and then lose on a lucky bounce for the other team.

But that's what happens when you don't score goals.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#137 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I also think Larsson should be a healthy scratch for one game. Let him just rest and get his thoughts back together. I think it will help him if he watches the game from above. He's not getting time to figure out what he's doing wrong, It may just be the right thing to do.
1. Scratch Larsson 1 game
2. Call up Zharkov and sit Sykora or Palmieri, let them fight it out for a 3rd line spot

Edited by Anhkheg, 29 October 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#138 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

This would all be fine and dandy if they didn't own the Kings the other night. The Devils made the mistake of giving their fans a sense that they would play differently this year, but as I pointed out that night, it was against a back up goalie. So congrats everyone we've managed 3 points in 5 games. Pathetic.

So what, the Devils would have lost 0- -1 if Quick played. Let's look at our last 5 opponents: San Jose, Pittsburgh, LA, Phoenix and Dallas. San Jose is a cup contender, ditto for the Pens and LA, Phoenix is a very gritty and fast team and Dallas is the top team in the West. We've had a brutal schedule to start, like I said.....give this team time

I also think Larsson should be a healthy scratch for one game. Let him just rest and get his thoughts back together. I think it will him if he watches the game from above. He's not getting time to figure out what he's doing wrong, I think it may just help.
1. Scratch Larsson 1 game
2. Call up Zharkov and sit Sykora or Palmieri, let them fight it out for a 3rd line spot

I think Sykora is fine, Palmieri is not. He's been awful, aside from the Carolina game. Send him to Albany and call up Bernier or Zharkov.

Agree on Larsson too

#139 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Boom. Exactly. We've been waiting for him to score for for a year + now.

This is a team sport.. Our PP has next to no movement and zero creativity most of the time. It's disturbing to look at. I don't understand why it's so bad, but as long as it is, we're not gonna score a lot of goals regardless of who's out there. Some team chemistry issues going on here imo, hopefully things will pick up. :(

Kovy is easily the biggest threat we have out there. Just as he was last year under Lemaire. Why is no one giving Parise a hard time? He's been far more anonymous then Kovy so far this season..
Posted Image

#140 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

This is a team sport.. Our PP has next to no movement and zero creativity most of the time. It's disturbing to look at. I don't understand why it's so bad, but as long as it is, we're not gonna score a lot of goals regardless of who's out there. Some team chemistry issues going on here imo, hopefully things will pick up. :(

Kovy is easily the biggest threat we have out there. Just as he was last year under Lemaire. Why is no one giving Parise a hard time? He's been far more anonymous then Kovy so far this season..

I agree. Looks like he's lost a step IMO. I had the same injury. Definitely takes more than a year to recover fully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users