#141 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

Some tweets from TG:
DeBoer: "I told the guys after the game if we play like that we’ll win a lot more than we lose. So, put our heads up."
DeBoer: "It was one of our best games of the trip. I think it rivaled our L.A. game for how we played for 60 minutes.”
Parise: “We did a lot of good things and we deserved a little better with the way we played, but we’ve got to score..."
Parise cont: "You can’t score one goal and win games. We’ve got to start putting some pucks in.”
Fayne cont: "...I just saw it slowly going through Heddy’s legs. Tough break." (This one sums it up, that second goal was a tough break)

Edited by Anhkheg, 29 October 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#142 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

seriously i dont care if we miss the playoffs again as long we dont give away our pick this year...

but im TERRIFIED that we lose parise because of this garbage play all year long

www.SterioDesign.com

#143 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

seriously i dont care if we miss the playoffs again as long we dont give away our pick this year...

but im TERRIFIED that we lose parise because of this garbage play all year long

no offense to Parise, but he hasnt been lighting it up this year

#144 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

We're not even at the 10 game mark so this all seems silly but this team is just expected to be better than this.

Through 9 games the Devils should be 6-2-1 or something. They have been playing tough teams and are in the west but hey, they're going to have to play them eventually anyway and just because they're from the west doesn't mean its ok to lose to them.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery, 29 October 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#145 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

no offense to Parise, but he hasnt been lighting it up this year

i know but there's nothing like him coming in free agency, in our system or anywhere, if we lose him we're entering a long dark tunel

www.SterioDesign.com

#146 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

You all can go bandwagon it to some winners if the Devils suck toobad fer ya. Chico seems to like Dallas an awful lot ...

Power out here now. Bastages

I second this sentiment. Well said Pepperkorn. It's high time we all realized the teams of the 'glory days' are gone and done and that we need to support this team during times they're struggling to find themselves again.

I haven't read this thread by the way, but anyone wanting to bag on Larsson. Umm, remember, he's not some forward who went in the top five. He's a defenseman, and one who is 18 years old at that. Have patience. It's going to take a couple years until he truly finds his game. Yeah he's talented and poised and stuff. He's also 18 and it shows.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#147 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

i know but there's nothing like him coming in free agency, in our system or anywhere, if we lose him we're entering a long dark tunel

on the plus side, we won't have to endure any posts like this.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#148 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

http://soundcloud.co...ese/powerplay-j
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#149 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

The Devils can field a true four line offense, would love to see it, but doubt it will happen, just a fun combo:
Parise-Zajac-Zharkov
Kovy-JJ-Palmieri
Sykora-Elias-Zubrus
Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson

The Devils have it, they just need to play like this every day. With Lemaire, they lost a few games before the pucks started going in and the team started winning on a regular basis. This team has it as well, but missing two key centers hurts more than lets say a winger.

#150 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

I know it's early, but is anyone else surprised with how well Henrique has been playing? He's got a lot of energy and he plays hard. He had as good of chances as anyone tonight, just has to work on finishing a little more (which we've seen already, so we know he won't be another Zharkov). If he continues to improve, I could see him doing some serious damage. Call me crazy, but it might be worth giving him a try with Kovalchuk if things keep going strong for him down the road.

Also, it was nice to see Kovalchuk play less than half of the game.

http://soundcloud.com/therobdese/powerplay-j

This is wonderful.

Edited by nessus, 29 October 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#151 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

this. although we're not missing our two top centers, and possibly not missing our best goalie, the team probably outchanced dallas. they have to get more power play opportunities and then capitalize on those, but the 2nd power play for NJ was very good.

I'm so tired of hearing about how many chances we get WHEN WE NEVER FLIPPING CASH IN ON THEM!!!

All you people complaining about how the schedule is hindering us, well the Devils BETTER make hay in the next four games now with Toronto, Winnipeg and Carolina at home and the Pronger-less Flyers on the road. And I mean at least seven of eight points. If we actually are 'a 'good team'. Especially with what's coming up the next five-six games after that.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 October 2011 - 11:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#152 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'm so tired of hearing about how many chances we get WHEN WE NEVER FLIPPING CASH IN ON THEM!!!

All you people complaining about how the schedule is hindering us, well the Devils BETTER make hay in the next four games now with Toronto, Winnipeg and Carolina at home and the Pronger-less Flyers on the road. And I mean at least seven of eight points. If we actually are 'a 'good team'. Especially with what's coming up the next five-six games after that.

that's a completely unreasonable expectation. we would expect that if NHL teams had huge talent differences like in the NFL. NJ should hopefully come out of that stretch with 5 or 6 points.

Edited by Triumph, 29 October 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#153 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

that's a completely unreasonable expectation. we would expect that if NHL teams had huge talent differences like in the NFL. NJ should hopefully come out of that stretch with 5 or 6 points.

Then they're not going anywhere this year, cause there aren't too many 'easy' stretches in the NHL these days. Three games against non-playoff teams at home and a Flyers team that has been lost most of the time without Pronger is one of the few we're getting. The rest of the time everyone'll be complaining about how tough the schedule is. I remember when we used to be everyone else's tough game instead of having everyone else be our tough game.

Even you yourself said there's going to be 15-20 teams within ten points of each other this year, with that kind of parity you have to take advantage when you're up against teams you're supposed to be better than.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

Then they're not going anywhere this year, cause there aren't too many 'easy' stretches in the NHL these days. Three games against non-playoff teams at home and a Flyers team that has been lost most of the time without Pronger is one of the few we're getting. The rest of the time everyone'll be complaining about how tough the schedule is. I remember when we used to be everyone else's tough game instead of having everyone else be our tough game.

Think about what you're saying. If what you are saying is true, we would see way bigger gaps in points earned between the best and the worst teams than we actually do. Edmonton won 25 games last year. 12 of those wins came against playoff teams. That's just an example. Now it would be nice to get 7 or 8 points out of the next 4 games, but that's not a reasonable expectation.

Even you yourself said there's going to be 15-20 teams within ten points of each other this year, with that kind of parity you have to take advantage when you're up against teams you're supposed to be better than.

It would be nice to do that, but it can't be expected - even if the Devils massively outplayed those teams, which they probably won't, we wouldn't expect that as an outcome.

Yes, I have mentioned the schedule. My point in mentioning it is that NJ has not been playing weaker teams, yet, and I feel that's overlooked. They will, and their expectation is better against them than against stronger teams, but not significantly better to where we would expect them to run the table.

Edited by Triumph, 30 October 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#155 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

Losing Parise wouldn't break my heart.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#156 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

Seems to me that everyone is saying the same thing this season as was said last season and the season before that. Could it be the talent is there, the chemistry for sure certainly is there. Too much youth in the line up and too many 3rd and 4th line players,

#157 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

Losing Parise wouldn't break my heart.

What is it possible to get for Parise if we trade him? Best case scenario?
Posted Image

#158 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

if they can't score goals with him, the will do the same without him.

#159 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

9 games.

#160 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

PARISE FOR KESSEL, STRAIGHT UP.

Also, I'm concerned because Deboer and the team keep thinking games like this we played good. We played good in net, and on defense...NOT OFFENSIVELY. How many legit scoring chances did we have? The Tedenby circus around the net yielded no shots, so scratch that off. When did you really go OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on a close opportunity by us last night? Consider these questions alone, then please reconsider if we played a good offensive game. I wish the coaches read these forums honestly. Hockey 101 here: Get the goalie moving. If the goalie can see the shot, he can prepare for the shot and 9/10 save the shot. But when you create confusion and keep the puck cycling, the goalie starts moving and get out of position. Get the goalie moving, or catch him off guard. Take a look at the goals last night. Dallas scored their first goal by non stop cycling of the puck and created confusion in our zone. Eventually, the puck got to an open Dallas player who was in a prime shooting location, and he buried it. Now, look at out goal. A quick shot right off the faceoff, something the goalie did not expect. What happened? It went in. Goals aren't gift wrapped in the NHL, you have to earn them. We won't score many goals by passing the puck to the point, having the D-Men (or Kovalchuk on the PP) stopping the puck, lining it up, and taking a soft wrist shot (Tallinder) or a slap shot. The goalie has wayyyyyyy to much time to react to this, it's not working. I fail to see why instead we try something like Elias passes to Parise in the corner, then cuts to the net for a give and go shot. Or, pass it to Larsson, who passes it to Kovy, who slap passes it to Elias or Parise for either A) Quick back door shot or B) Passes it right back to Kovy who by this point hopefully moved in the zone more and scores a quick back door goal. This would get the goalie moving and would without a be a much better opportunity that what the hell we have been trying. On 5 aside, it's just not enough chaos in the offensive zone. Over half our shots are bullsh!t from the point that don't work, or from the sharpest angle imaginable. If you're going to do that fine but at least should it low so it can get deflected easily or bounce off the goalies leg pads for a rebound opportunity. More cycling of the puck smart, efficient, and quickly, and quick shots, plus traffic to the net. Key ingredients to offense here, not sure why our coaches are not implementing this. Maybe Zajac and Josefson are just that amazing and we need that back that much more, but I believe we should still have more success than we're having.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users