297 replies to this topic

#241 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Yeah lets put Ryan Carter, a guy who shouldnt even be in the NHL, at 2nd line centre. Fantastic plan of attack.

#242 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Glad to see playoff Marty (insert "7's" mr. softie picture) showed up tonight. I liked what I saw offensively for the most part from the offense. Salvador can't hack it anymore. Tally is normally much better than he played tonight. Sad to see one of the best performances on offense this season spoiled, though.

#243 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Can we just say the truth and get over with this lets call up that guy and lets call up that guy. This team sucks is some areas of the game and need some help from outside instead of calling up rookies and think that they are going to solve all the problems like magic.

Problem at the point on the PP. Call up Taormina, fayne, Urbom whoever you want. I just don't see any of our players and rookies that can handle that job properly. Lou said we needed help in that area. Did he do anything ? Nop. Same problem with the PP over the last 2 years, but we are still playing the same players and hoping to see a change. Kovy is not meant to play at the point and Larsson is not the miracle that is going to make your PP look great.

Center issue ? Play Parise at center. Tried it and it sucked. No we called up Henrique. O.K the kid is impressing, but we are playing Kovy as a right wing with him and we are not happy that Kovy is not scoring. Henrique should be a 3rd line guy while Kovy is playing LW being centered by a veteran center who can really play with him and bring him to full potential. Even with Zajac back we are short of a real second line center. Henrique and Josefson are not 2nd line center right now, maybe in the future but not right now. Instead we play them and cry because there is no offense.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#244 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

starting to bend this way too, salvador has not been good enough. (although tonight he was probably a + in scoring chances)

re: tedenby, this board's infatuation with him has become funny if it weren't so sad. yes, he has some incredible skills. no, he hasn't done very much with them.

Salvador actually play a solid game tonight. Our team, however, needs a little bit of a shakeup.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby was sat tomorrow night. Enough of this fancy sh!t, play more like Grabovski, take everything to the net. Nobody is really driving the net, they stop up as an option instead of dictating the play.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 November 2011 - 09:27 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#245 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

starting to bend this way too, salvador has not been good enough. (although tonight he was probably a + in scoring chances)

re: tedenby, this board's infatuation with him has become funny if it weren't so sad. yes, he has some incredible skills. no, he hasn't done very much with them.

Holy sh!t I actually agree with you about tedenby

#246 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

It is time for the "We Beleive" posters again!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#247 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

With the emergence of Adam Henrique, it really wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is included in a package for a Gagner or a right shot. I have a sneaky suspicion, this is usually the time that Lou would package a youngster.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 November 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#248 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

I think Brodeur is done.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#249 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Moose in the net tommorow combine with parise and kovalchuk on different line is the only thing to do if they want a chance to win.

Amen to that we need a win realllyyy badd right now.

ajq8o1.png

#250 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

With the emergence of Adam Henrique, it really wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is included in a package for a Gagner or a right shot. I have a sneaky suspicion, this is usually the time that Lou would package a youngster.

i don't think the oilers would have any interest in tedenby, they have enough guys like him. but yeah, that wouldn't shock me - i'd like to avoid trading a guy who is on a ridiculous cold streak, though. dale tallon is going to find out just how dumb it is to do that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#251 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

How many years are left on Brodeurs contract? He needs to retire next season before this gets disgusting; it's ugly right now.

#252 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

i don't think the oilers would have any interest in tedenby, they have enough guys like him. but yeah, that wouldn't shock me - i'd like to avoid trading a guy who is on a ridiculous cold streak, though. dale tallon is going to find out just how dumb it is to do that.

I just smell a blockbuster with NJ by New Years.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 November 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#253 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

i was iffy about Marty's return in the first place.. now i know people are gonna say this is his first game from being back.. but he wasnt lights out at the beginning of the year either.

Tonights game was hard to watch, we gotta turn this around. whatever though, its not time to panic, we just gotta pick it up

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#254 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

well we went 2/3 on our PP... went from 10.3% to 16.1%... thats about half way in the standings

www.SterioDesign.com

#255 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Here is my predicition (even though there is no right shot):

To Columbus - Mattias Teddenby, Alexander Urbom, 2nd round pick
To NJ - Antoin Vermette and Kris Russel

that's a horrible trade. vermette is a tough minutes center but that's not what the devils need in the future - they have zajac and elias. they need that right handed shooting C/RW. and here they give up two of their best young players AND a 2nd round pick. russell is pretty worthless, imo.

haha, yeah. you deleted that. i think i'll put up a list of interest if the devils drop their next game.

Edited by Triumph, 02 November 2011 - 09:46 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#256 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

• Parise and Kovalchuk are just not clicking together, gotta keep them separate

Only one line among the different Kovalchuk combinations has ever clicked and that was Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri. With Zajac gone and Palmieri stinking I don't know what to do. Maybe put Kovalchuk-Elias-Sykora together? Kovalchuk just is not fitting in period, and it's been 100 games into a 1230 game Devils career. This is disturbing.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#257 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

well we went 2/3 on our PP... went from 10.3% to 16.1%... thats about half way in the standings

*2/2 I believe

#258 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

that's a horrible trade. vermette is a tough minutes center but that's not what the devils need in the future - they have zajac and elias. they need that right handed shooting C/RW. and here they give up two of their best young players AND a 2nd round pick. russell is pretty worthless, imo.

haha, yeah. you deleted that. i think i'll put up a list of interest if the devils drop their next game.

Yea, it was instant deleate when I realized Taormina is probably close to as good as Russell and all those pieces don't get us a right shot.

Patric Hornqvist is someone who would be had. Horrible start for Nashville as well.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 November 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#259 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

The Devils actually kicked ass in every phase of the game besides shots, which were pretty much even and face-offs. Pretty much, Brodeur and the D blew this game. The Devils usually start out slow..they're 4-5-1 it could be worse but this team doesn't have the sense of 'every things going to be ok'.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery, 02 November 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#260 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

yea, now watch them go 2/22 for the next 6 games
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users