297 replies to this topic

#261 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Yea, it was instant deleate when I realized Taormina is probably close to as good as Russell and all those pieces don't get us a right shot.

Patric Hornqvist is someone who would be had. Horrible start for Nashville as well.

i don't think nashville is giving him up, but i would obviously love to have him. i don't think there's a trade fit there, nashville desperately needs forwards and 2nd pairing D. neither of which NJ has in excess.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#262 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Patric Hornqvist
TJ Oshie
Matt D'Agostini
Cody Hodgson
Nathan Horton
David Krejci
Rich Peverley (Kovalchuk factor)
Brad Boyes
Kyle Okposo
Daniel Aldredsson
Steve Downie

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 November 2011 - 09:58 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#263 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

With the emergence of Adam Henrique, it really wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is included in a package for a Gagner or a right shot. I have a sneaky suspicion, this is usually the time that Lou would package a youngster.

Tedenby to Phoenix for Turris. Obviously other stuff needs to be included, but Phoenix made a quality player out of Petr Prucha for a few seasons, Tedenby could do that for them. Turris needs a clean start, if he doesn't hack it with NJ, he just can't hack it in the NHL.

Love Tedenby as an individual, and his effort along the boards. But he's not doing all that much for the team right now. Part of it is the linemates he has, too. He's good on the cycle, but he still can't hold the puck when he gets pressured... hasn't solidified that part of his game like Gionta did early on.

If he can bring back a guy like Turris or Gagner, even if it is a bit of a hail mary, I'm okay with it. He's starting to remind me of Bergfors. That said, it's clear he's a big hit in the locker room... it'd certainly shake things up, but would it further stifle a room that's probably already feeling pressured?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#264 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Patric Hornqvist
TJ Oshie
Matt D'Agostini
Cody Hodgson
Nathan Horton
Rich Peverley (Kovalchuk factor)
Brad Boyes
Kyle Okposo
Daniel Aldredsson
Steve Downie

Only one on this list I see as a real trade option is Brad Boyes - but he's got a terrible contract, and he actually provides some scoring threat to the depth of Buffalo.

Hornqvist, Oshie, Hodgson, Okposo aren't going anywhere. Horton is doubtful, and he doesn't look like the same guy since his concussion. Peverley just re-upped with Boston and is one of the few guys scoring goals now. Alfredsson wants to end as a Senator, and Downie is a nutjob... better offense than Clarkson, more of an agitator, but if the Devils' roster has Clarkson, Downie, Janssen, and Boulton as options, I'm gonna be pretty damn confused.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#265 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

*2/2 I believe

yeah typo, thats what i took for the %, we're at 5 goals in 31 PP

www.SterioDesign.com

#266 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Clarkson!

Hey Chico says we're having fun!

Marty momentum stealing softie countdown clock begins now!

Are you fvcking kidding! I wasjustkidding when i said how long till Marty gives up another one

Not even two mins later.

It sucks we lost, but I must admit, these two posts cracked me up tonight.

#267 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

:doh1: :huh:

Guess I am not the one to be making GDT's eh?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#268 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Brodeur on Kessel:

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#269 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Brodeur on Kessel:

That is old-school Marty right there. Didnt get a chance to watch the game tonight but got text alerts. Just a SPECTACULAR save right there.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#270 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Not sure what was worse tonight, the action on the ice or the kid(s) sitting next to me spitting over the railing onto the steps below.

For some reason, I was the a$$hole for confronting them about it.

This occurred in Section 230. They stopped for the most part after I said something to them and security came over (not at my request, i didn't leave me seat from puck drop to the last few seconds) threatening ejection.

After telling me I wasn't a 'true fan' because I wasn't appreciating him and his friend spitting (among a lot of other incoherent arguing), as he left with 5 minutes to go, he proceeded to spit twice on the steps. When someone in the 230/231 area was walking down those steps leaving, I overheard "I cant believe I just stepped in spit."

So, anyone in Sec 230 tonight?

#271 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Not sure what was worse tonight, the action on the ice or the kid(s) sitting next to me spitting over the railing onto the steps below.

For some reason, I was the a$$hole for confronting them about it.

This occurred in Section 230. They stopped for the most part after I said something to them and security came over (not at my request, i didn't leave me seat from puck drop to the last few seconds) threatening ejection.

After telling me I wasn't a 'true fan' because I wasn't appreciating him and his friend spitting (among a lot of other incoherent arguing), as he left with 5 minutes to go, he proceeded to spit twice on the steps. When someone in the 230/231 area was walking down those steps leaving, I overheard "I cant believe I just stepped in spit."

So, anyone in Sec 230 tonight?

I was in 104, saw a fight break out during warmups in one of the lower bowl sections, 21 I think, 2 Devils fans were harassing 2 Leafs fans, then the one Devils fan got tossed by a Leafs fan WITH ONE FREAKING ARM. Dude never spilled any of the beer in his other hand.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#272 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well bottom line

• Parise and Kovalchuk are just not clicking together, gotta keep them separate
• Sykora and Palmieri should have buried those empty netter opportunities on both plays we got scored on their next breakout
• Brodeur was terrible other than on that huge save

i wish we would play a style like the leafs are, they are using their speed big time with their breakouts. We are not

Just watched the highlights. Couldnt agree more.

Also.....IF (and thats a HUGE if) the Gagner trade is true.......it needs to happen RIGHT STAT NOW.

Posted Image

#273 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

I was in 104, saw a fight break out during warmups in one of the lower bowl sections, 21 I think, 2 Devils fans were harassing 2 Leafs fans, then the one Devils fan got tossed by a Leafs fan WITH ONE FREAKING ARM. Dude never spilled any of the beer in his other hand.

Lol I had to break up that fight
Devils.

#274 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

this was right next to me
never seen a fight 20 minutes before a game
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#275 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Lol I had to break up that fight

I really wondered if that was you!

What the hell actually happened, if you can share?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#276 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

if any skilled demon is listening, here's my offer...

im ready to give away my mom so Zajac and Josefson can be healthy and so Larsson can have like 5 seasons experience under his belt... for tomorrow and the rest of the season

*** i'd be willing to throw my sister in if Zach can be resigned long-term

www.SterioDesign.com

#277 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Tedenby to Phoenix for Turris. Obviously other stuff needs to be included, but Phoenix made a quality player out of Petr Prucha for a few seasons, Tedenby could do that for them. Turris needs a clean start, if he doesn't hack it with NJ, he just can't hack it in the NHL.

Love Tedenby as an individual, and his effort along the boards. But he's not doing all that much for the team right now. Part of it is the linemates he has, too. He's good on the cycle, but he still can't hold the puck when he gets pressured... hasn't solidified that part of his game like Gionta did early on.

If he can bring back a guy like Turris or Gagner, even if it is a bit of a hail mary, I'm okay with it. He's starting to remind me of Bergfors. That said, it's clear he's a big hit in the locker room... it'd certainly shake things up, but would it further stifle a room that's probably already feeling pressured?

they do love tedenby and i'm pretty sure they're disappointed, but not pressured...yet.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#278 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

if any skilled demon is listening, here's my offer...

im ready to give away my mom so Zajac and Josefson can be healthy and so Larsson can have like 5 seasons experience under his belt... for tomorrow and the rest of the season

*** i'd be willing to throw my sister in if Zach can be resigned long-term

ill throw in mine too.. good stuff

:cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#279 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

Arrgh...the downturn I and others thought was coming after the smoke-and-mirrors 3-1-1 start is here. Now 4-5-1 with two regulation wins. I said it before, but with this team's current makeup and talent level, if the can stay around .500 before Zajac comes back I'm happily taking it.

Kovy now up (or down) to a team-worst -7 and still looking brain-damaged far too often...no shock there. Tri will fire back with "How long do you expect him to keep shooting at a 5.3% clip?" Yes, he will likely start finding the back of the net more often, but I'm through kidding myself that he'll ever be much better, in terms of overall hockey sense, than he is right now.

I've always been a Marty defender, as I think his body of work tends to be underappreciated by some, but last night was the first time I actually felt sadness watching him play. I can't pull the plug on him based on one bad game, but if this really is the beginning of the end (Who knows at his age? Without more games no one can say.), I hope he realizes it, and calls it a career sooner than later. There's nothing worse than seeing a former great trying to hang on with a diminished skill set.

Hoping for a surprise against the Flyers tonight.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#280 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

Arrgh...the downturn I and others thought was coming after the smoke-and-mirrors 3-1-1 start is here. Now 4-5-1 with two regulation wins. I said it before, but with this team's current makeup and talent level, if the can stay around .500 before Zajac comes back I'm happily taking it.

Kovy now up (or down) to a team-worst -7 and still looking brain-damaged far too often...no shock there. Tri will fire back with "How long do you expect him to keep shooting at a 5.3% clip?" Yes, he will likely start finding the back of the net more often, but I'm through kidding myself that he'll ever be much better, in terms of overall hockey sense, than he is right now.

I've always been a Marty defender, as I think his body of work tends to be underappreciated by some, but last night was the first time I actually felt sadness watching him play. I can't pull the plug on him based on one bad game, but if this really is the beginning of the end (Who knows at his age? Without more games no one can say.), I hope he realizes it, and calls it a career sooner than later. There's nothing worse than seeing a former great trying to hang on with a diminished skill set.

Yeah, but even I didn't think the fall would be this quick or this stern. It's now to the point where if they don't beat Winnipeg and Carolina (or one and surprise against Philly) this season could spiral out of control very quickly with the big road trip right after.

As far as Kovy...this RW experiment needs to die, now. It just gives him another excuse to go in the tank. He was bad even strength and on the power play, you think when you have three one-timers from the faceoff dot, the goalie isn't going to be ready by the FOURTH one?! Not that Zach is producing either (and that's another experiment that needs to die, he's not an NHL C, but he's a star at LW), but still.

Unfortunately in hockey, you can't send a guy on rehab the way you do in baseball. At least not a star player...cause Marty sure looked like he at least needs a game or three to get back in top form. What a switch from three years ago from when he came out firing after his bicep injury.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users