Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti
Kovalchuk confirms he pulled a leg muscle

That's fantastic, considering a groin pull usually puts a player out for a while.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#182 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Onddeck - that IS the league explanation.

#183 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Good win and I hope they can build from here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#184 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

They need to clarify that rule for shootouts/penalty shots. We are going to see more players try that move now that they just gave it the greenlight. This will mean more variations/subtle differences to Briere's move that will need to be scrutinized each time. We will see a widening grey area if they don't tighten that rule wording up.

#185 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Where the Clarkson haters at?

Checking In. He's been great. His skating is still abominable but he's been able to contribute regardless. I think he'll come back down to earth a little but he could still be a quality player. It'll take an extended period of bad play before he becomes my whipping boy again.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 03 November 2011 - 10:32 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#186 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Some good .gifs from hf:

Posted Image

Posted Image

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#187 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Some good .gifs from hf:
...... [gifs removed]

Palmieri was clearly trying to avoid if anything. The reffing was just atrocious tonight.

#188 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

The refs were terrible tonight. I can't believe it.

#189 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

Rule 24 - The Penalty Shot

The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

While I don't think there is much of a debate on if Briere stopped or not, it doesn't really seem like it matters. Maybe it should, and if it should then they should put something in the rules about it.

Really the only factor here is if the puck was kept in motion. It's as close as it gets and considering the league has given a lot of flexibility to other shots I can't say I'm surprised they counted this. In the spirit of things this probably shouldn't be a goal, by the book and looking at precedent it was probably the right call.

Edited by squishyx, 03 November 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#190 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

[yoututbe] [/youtube]

I feel like, breaking the knee of the officials tonight, and force them to skate with their broken knee. how the hell this is legal goal?

Good thing we won tonight

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#191 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

The puck certainly does not keep in motion towards the goal. They added the latter part about once a shot is being taken you can ignore forward motion to exempt the spin-o-rama. In this case it violates the written rule, including the later added clarification.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#192 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Onddeck - that IS the league explanation.

whaaaat i didnt even realize that... thats so pathetic, they're standing by that?? wtf :puke:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#193 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

I was at the game tonight and WOW you think the Devils cheat their attendance? The building was 85% full and they announced a sellout.. Not to mention that their fans were extremely docile and the worst I heard all night was some booing after I had walked past some people.. There were a ton of Devils fans by me and we were slapping high 5's and cheering all night.. It was great!!!

Anyway, definitely liked the effort tonight.. If this team can battle like this every night then we have a playoff team for sure.. I was at the Toronto game and it was a whole different team out there.. These guys gave it 110% and really mixed it up out there.. AWESOME!!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#194 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg440/scaled.php?server=440&filename=emptyb.jpg&res=medium

Picture of the "sellout"

3000 empty seats = sellout.

WE SOLD OUT AT LEAST 30 GAMES LAST YEAR THEN!

#195 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

You know when the Philly announcers say he stopped, he fvckin stopped. Oh well, Devils won, so up yours refs!
Posted Image Posted Image

#196 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

11 points on the season...not too bad for a team that has two regulation wins in 11 games. I'll gladly take them.

All things considered, the Devils could be worse than 5-5-1.

And with the greatest respect for one Martin Brodeur, if he doesn't get it going in his next 3-4 starts, then the Devils might as well stick with Hedberg for the forseeable future.

Kovy was actually a +2 last night...do you believe in miracles? YES!

EDIT: Just checked out the schedule and saw that, from Nov 12 to Dec 17, 13 of the 18 games the Devils play in that stretch will be on the road. Ouch.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 04 November 2011 - 06:25 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#197 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

And with the greatest respect for one Martin Brodeur, if he doesn't get it going in his next 3-4 starts, then the Devils might as well stick with Hedberg for the forseeable future.

Marty has only played a little over 2 games so far, that's not a lot of sample size.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#198 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

I was at the game tonight and WOW you think the Devils cheat their attendance? The building was 85% full and they announced a sellout.. Not to mention that their fans were extremely docile and the worst I heard all night was some booing after I had walked past some people.. There were a ton of Devils fans by me and we were slapping high 5's and cheering all night.. It was great!!!

lol I thought Snider used to be ridiculously honest about the attendance - to the point where they would admit to being 50 or 75 short of a sellout. Guess the fans don't consider us much of a rival anymore :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#199 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Briere STOPPED because moose came out on him and caught him going left,he got stoned! I've never seen a shooter SPRAY SO MUCH ICE ON A STOP during a shootout what is the INTENT of the F'n rule then???!!!.

and I also think the fayne hooking was a BS call, it had nothing to do with the player going down nor missing

btw even if marty was healthy moose probably gets the call against philly hes the better butterfly'r

#200 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

What a great game played by these guys. They are a lil intimidated by the flyers skill in general and they threw it their face tonight. Clarkson played great, and clutch imo. As did Salvador and Volchenkov. Hopefully, they'll bring this attitude against the Thrash. I didn't tape the game, shame on me.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users