#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,076 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Or Lindback, maybe Cory Schnieder, since Luongo's signed for a million years :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 November 2011 - 01:32 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'd take Schnieder if we don't overpay him. I see great starter potential in him and I think he just needs that chance to prove he can be one.

n2eg.jpg

#24 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

This has zero to do with the Kovy deal. Kovy is (was?) a premier scorer and those don't grow on trees. Conversely you can get a lot of goalies that can put up numbers, particularly with a defense like Nashville's (look at how good Lindback was for them last year). Not to mention Nashville has a lower cap than most of the league.

Thing is, Rinne is legit though, and not some flash in the pan player. He is the best goaltender in the world imo. They have plenty of cap space available to do other things.

You also have to consider how much hockey is growing in that market despite having very few marquee players. You gotta give the fans something to latch onto. The worst thing for that promising fanbase would be to lose their best player (especially when their offense is horrendous year after year). And you could be sure that multiple teams wouldve come knocking on the door with a bucketload of cash for his signature.

#25 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Grab some big mobile european kid, with a good defense he plugs his .913 sv% or so.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#26 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

It was pretty obvious he was staying in Nashville. He really likes their goalie coach who even signed an extension with the Preds because of Rinne.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#27 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

7 mill cap hit for a goalie is crazy imo.. Even tho Rinne is completely awesome.
Posted Image

#28 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Grab some big mobile european kid, with a good defense he plugs his .913 sv% or so.

How's that working for karri ramo or the monster?

#29 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

The irony that this is coming from a Devils fan. For years others have bashed Broduer saying he was only good because of our defense. They would say things like 'grab some mobile french canadien kid, plug him into the devils, and he would put up the same numbers'. lol

Also, Rinne faces tons of pressure because their team spends much of the game in their own end. Yet, they'll amass 100 points. Rinne is insanely good.

Edited by devlman, 03 November 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

The irony that this is coming from a Devils fan. For years others have bashed Broduer saying he was only good because of our defense. They would say things like 'grab some mobile french canadien kid, plug him into the devils, and he would put up the same numbers'. lol

its a never ending story that we're gonna have to hear forever

• Brodeur was only good because he had good defense in front of him.
• Devils are done without Brodeur he was the only reason they we're winning.

lol well buddy pick one

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

its a never ending story that we're gonna have to hear forever

• Brodeur was only good because he had good defense in front of him.
• Devils are done without Brodeur he was the only reason they we're winning.

lol well buddy pick one

I have always believed the first.

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I have always believed the first.

yet he won the vezina and best stats post lockout when the big guns were gone

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Rinne is not insanely good. Remember 2 years ago when everyone was on Ryan Miller's nuts? Last year he was good. No one thought he was worthy of a Vezina. He took a decent team to the playoffs and lost in the first round. That's what's likely to happen with Rinne, given that he was merely good the two previous years. Except I don't think Nashville will make the playoffs this year.

Anyway, there's no convincing some people, but that contract is abysmal. Thankfully NJ won't be getting involved in that mess - hopefully they can get Vokoun.

Also re: Brodeur - it was to a large degree the defense. Brodeur was an above-average goalie for many years, but he was never the best in the league, and he even had some really bad seasons (2001, for instance).

Edited by Triumph, 03 November 2011 - 04:05 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,076 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Also, Rinne faces tons of pressure because their team spends much of the game in their own end. Yet, they'll amass 100 points. Rinne is insanely good.

Except we've seen Nashville replace other capable goalies like Vokoun before, and post-lockout NHL is a bit different than pre-lockout NHL in how important a goalie is.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 November 2011 - 04:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#35 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Rinne is not insanely good. Remember 2 years ago when everyone was on Ryan Miller's nuts? Last year he was good. No one thought he was worthy of a Vezina. He took a decent team to the playoffs and lost in the first round. That's what's likely to happen with Rinne, given that he was merely good the two previous years. Except I don't think Nashville will make the playoffs this year.

Anyway, there's no convincing some people, but that contract is abysmal. Thankfully NJ won't be getting involved in that mess - hopefully they can get Vokoun.

Also re: Brodeur - it was to a large degree the defense. Brodeur was an above-average goalie for many years, but he was never the best in the league, and he even had some really bad seasons (2001, for instance).

no one thought of miller for the vezina? Do you follow hockey? Lol. Either way I don't even see the relevance to how rinne isn't exceptionally good. So miller and rinne aren't really good goalies? Haha ok whatever. Ignore every goaltending stat they dominate in and leading mediocre teams to good regular seasons. But if they lose first rd they must be overrated. Here's a suggestion - actually watch them play.

Edited by devlman, 03 November 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#36 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

What about Linsbach?

#37 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

damnnnnn i wanted him but not for that price

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

no one thought of miller for the vezina? Do you follow hockey? Lol. Either way I don't even see the relevance to how rinne isn't exceptionally good. So miller and rinne aren't really good goalies? Haha ok whatever. Ignore every goaltending stat they dominate in and leading mediocre teams to good regular seasons. But if they lose first rd they must be overrated. Here's a suggestion - actually watch them play.

lol like you can see save percentage. the difference between elite (.920) and average (.910) is one shot in a hundred.

no one thought of miller for vezina in 2011.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Who cares? Let Nashville suffer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#40 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

lol like you can see save percentage. the difference between elite (.920) and average (.910) is one shot in a hundred.

no one thought of miller for vezina in 2011.

Oh what was I thinking, watching the games is meaningless when analyzing a player, duh! ....some people just apply odd logic to things. You're simply delusional and wrong on everything you have said in this thread. You really should try actually watching the games. You'll see all the qualities of an elite, worldclass goaltender. And he posts the numbers to boot. I'm wastingmy time with this.

Edited by devlman, 03 November 2011 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users