27 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I gotta admit, I've always liked Eli. I like that he's so even-keel. Wouldn't put him in Brady's class, but he's definitely moving up. I get the feeling Giants fans will appreciate him more after he's gone, the way they did with Phil Simms.

Could you imagine if that draft-day trade had never gone down, and Philip Rivers was playing in NY? I think he would've been a disaster here.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I gotta admit, I've always liked Eli. I like that he's so even-keel. Wouldn't put him in Brady's class, but he's definitely moving up. I get the feeling Giants fans will appreciate him more after he's gone, the way they did with Phil Simms.

Could you imagine if that draft-day trade had never gone down, and Philip Rivers was playing in NY? I think he would've been a disaster here.

Agreed. Rivers would be gone by now in NY.

The Pat's play calling sucks and Brady (IMHO) looks like he is wearing down.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

Agreed. Rivers would be gone by now in NY.

The Pat's play calling sucks and Brady (IMHO) looks like he is wearing down.

Brady was terrific on those last two drives. I don't think he is wearing down, but he has shown more of a propensity to force throws. He did it again yesterday, especially on INT #2. He may break his season-high for INTs in a season this year (his high is 14 and he already has 10). His other numbers are solid...he's on pace to throw for well over 5,000 yards this season...no thanks to Ochocinco. Pats need to figure out why Ocho STILL can't figure out the Pats offense. I've never seen a receiver take this long to learn an offense. I think the offensive play-calling has been OK.

If BB has a defensive gameplan, I'm not aware of it. The D is a mess, clearly.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

he has shown more of a propensity to force throws. He did it again yesterday, especially on INT #2. He may break his season-high for INTs in a season this year (his high is 14 and he already has 10).

This is what I meant by wearing down. He is forcing the play.

I don't understand why the Firms isn't more involved.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Wow, the heads are beginning to roll..

http://espn.go.com/b...ert-haynesworth

"The great Albert Haynesworth experiment is over for the New England Patriots. The team has officially released the two time All-Pro Defensive Tackle, after Haynesworth reportedly had words with Patriots assistant coach Pepper Johnson on the sideline, after the Jacobs touchdown during the Giants game Sunday evening. Bill Belichick replied with 'not comment' on the report."

..stay tuned, because Ocho's next. B )

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Wow, the heads are beginning to roll..

http://espn.go.com/b...ert-haynesworth

"The great Albert Haynesworth experiment is over for the New England Patriots. The team has officially released the two time All-Pro Defensive Tackle, after Haynesworth reportedly had words with Patriots assistant coach Pepper Johnson on the sideline, after the Jacobs touchdown during the Giants game Sunday evening. Bill Belichick replied with 'not comment' on the report."

..stay tuned, because Ocho's next. B )

It turns out BB has benefited by having great leaders on D historically. Not so much now.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Neither of those signings has worked out. Ocho should've gone first, but he probably has a week or two to show SOMETHING, anything. I'd cut him now.

#30 FOREVER!

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Neither of those signings has worked out. Ocho should've gone first, but he probably has a week or two to show SOMETHING, anything. I'd cut him now.

TO is available. :whistling:

Didn't the Pats draft this speedster WR like two years ago who was supposed by the heir apparent to Moss?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users