133 replies to this topic

#101 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Aside from one or two good plays, I really dont find any value in Palmieri.. We should give zharky a chance to come in and at least he would create some buzz. Palmieri is only good (somewhat) on the boards with his size. I don't get why he's still in the lineup.
Put food on my family

#102 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

We could also roll four scoring lines

Parise-Zajac-Henrique/Clarkson
Sykora-Elias-Zubrus
Kovy-Josefson-Palmieri
Tedenby-Carter-Henrique/Clarkson
Boulton-Mills-Janssen-Pelley

DeBoer will definitely have options and some very tough decisions to make here. He could choose to go four scoring or three scoring and one energy. What does he do? If he decides two have both options available, then waive two players from the crash line, maybe Pelley and Janssen? They could keep Henrique in center and move Elias back to left wing and Sykora right. Its going to be interesting to see what Lou and DeBoer decide. Looking forward to it.

Aside from one or two good plays, I really dont find any value in Palmieri.. We should give zharky a chance to come in and at least he would create some buzz. Palmieri is only good (somewhat) on the boards with his size. I don't get why he's still in the lineup.

Palmieri needs to find his game. He is definitely having a difficult second year. Tedenby is also a ball of talent who may be under utilized atm. Another option the devs have when rolling four scoring could also include calling Zharkov up. Interesting ....

Edited by Anhkheg, 05 November 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#103 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,972 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Henrique is awesome. That is all.

By the way, the OT goal reactions by Steve/Chico were hilarious... Steve: "SCAAAAARRRRR" immediately followed by Chico yelling an awkward "RAAWRRRRR".
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#104 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Got worried at the end, but glad we pulled off the win. Henrique looked awesome!
Posted Image Posted Image

#105 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Man the Devils look awesome all round tonight.....without Kovy.

They didn't need Kovy to be utterly stupid in the third period and almost give away the game. I'm shocked there's no ripping of whoever the airheads were that stood around picking their nose on the tying goal (it looked like Carter and Volchenkov but I only got one look) because they thought the puck went into the net and play was dead without hearing a whistle.

Really, the Devils were the better team but they probably deserved to lose just on that stupidity alone :P Thank goodness Henrique bailed them out, he should have been the 1st, 2nd and 3rd star. After watching the last few games, I don't get why Henrique was ever on the outs with the team. He's already done more in five games than the more balleyhooed Josefson did in 40 or so.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 November 2011 - 12:16 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#106 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

This team is lucky To win because they are probably losing this game against better teams.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#107 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

This team is lucky To win because they are probably losing this game against better teams.

looking at your name and then your post... one of the 2 doesnt belong, i think its time for you to make a choice

www.SterioDesign.com

#108 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

I was so ticked at Volchenkov and Carter standing around before the goal I didn't even see the hook till now, that was pretty blatant :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#109 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Just came home and saw the winning goal. Excellent. Henrique has more goals than Kovalsuck. But can we please start beating teams in regulation when we have a two goal lead in the 3rd. Congrats to Marty for his first win of the season.

I agree. This won't happen when the play the Caps back to back Friday/Saturday.

I was so ticked at Volchenkov and Carter standing around before the goal I didn't even see the hook till now, that was pretty blatant :lol:

They missed one there. Then came the make up call. Devils couldn't capitalize ..then came the break away thank god.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery, 06 November 2011 - 01:06 AM.

#110 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

haha the Henrique doubters were right on cue today before the game. This kid is getting his confidence, what a great game to see tonight from him. I had to work, but from what i see in the replays, it looked pretty even... marty honestly got away with a couple of lack plays. i saw Parise doing his thing in hustling like no other, good sh!t :cheers:

still though, I would have liked to see us beat Wpg in regulation. whatever, a win is a win, good work boys! build on thisssss

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#111 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

Who needs Kovy?

#112 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Is it me or did it look like guys had trouble skating on the ice last night?

#113 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Is it me or did it look like guys had trouble skating on the ice last night?

the ice was absolute garbage last night. There were LAKES of water, not puddles but freaking lakes, in the corners, in the crease, and up the boards.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#114 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Did Henrique and Parise have a poor game minus the goals or is that a case of them being up for a good chunk.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 06 November 2011 - 09:14 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#115 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

the ice was absolute garbage last night. There were LAKES of water, not puddles but freaking lakes, in the corners, in the crease, and up the boards.

I noticed that as well. It was clear on tv.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#116 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

So much for the quality of the ice improving without the NBA around. I love how we were hyping up the Prudential Center that it was going to have the best ice in the world when it first opened :lol:

I agree. This won't happen when the play the Caps back to back Friday/Saturday.

Can we just win Tuesday before we worry about the OMGZ, it's the home and home of doom this weekend!

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 November 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#117 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Did Henrique and Parise have a poor game minus the goals or is that a case of them being up for a good chunk.

http://timeonice.com...20186&submit=Go

that line really didn't get any forechecking pressure going. clarkson was mostly invisible.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#118 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

http://timeonice.com/H2H1112.html?GameNumber=20186&submit=Go

that line really didn't get any forechecking pressure going. clarkson was mostly invisible.

Quick question, where can you get a fairly updated tied score team fenwick/corsi. I am not talented enough to create a script using timeonice.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#119 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Good game, but this terrible 3rd period play needs to be addressed. And can we please win one in regulation every now and again? Don't need to be giving up points, especially to teams in our own conference.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#120 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

Quick question, where can you get a fairly updated tied score team fenwick/corsi. I am not talented enough to create a script using timeonice.

timeonice has it.

http://timeonice.com...0001&last=21230

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users