Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

timeonice has it.

http://timeonice.com...0001&last=21230

Perfect....Vic is the man. Can you adjust it when score is tied?

Edit: AH I see now. Lead and trail don't work anymore?

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 06 November 2011 - 12:10 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#122 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

Regarding the third, I think they just got lazy and figured Marty could handle the rest himself. Young Marty could have preserved the shutout, old Marty needs the D to stay awake.

Edited by mmajeski06, 06 November 2011 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#123 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

To me the 3rd period is the result of the end of the 3rd game in 4 nights. They were just spent and got a little lazy. Nothing concerning.

The first two periods looked to be good old Devils' hockey. This game was very encouraging to me, and the emergence of Adam Henrique should be exciting to all Devils fans who probably haven't seen a rookie flash this well since Parise came up. JJ has had his moments, but certainly has not been as "sexy" as Henrique's play has been. Too bad AH isn't a right-handed shot.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#124 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

To me the 3rd period is the result of the end of the 3rd game in 4 nights. They were just spent and got a little lazy. Nothing concerning.

The first two periods looked to be good old Devils' hockey. This game was very encouraging to me, and the emergence of Adam Henrique should be exciting to all Devils fans who probably haven't seen a rookie flash this well since Parise came up. JJ has had his moments, but certainly has not been as "sexy" as Henrique's play has been. Too bad AH isn't a right-handed shot.

Josefson is still, in my mind, better then Henrique. Josefson's defense is probably miles ahead of Adam's.

#125 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,913 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Perfect....Vic is the man. Can you adjust it when score is tied?

Edit: AH I see now. Lead and trail don't work anymore?

no, nor do i think that's a bad thing, since the samples there are too small to be meaningful anyway.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#126 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

http://timeonice.com...0520&last=23000

That stretch must have been top 3 in the NHL over that period of time. From what I see Chicago and SJ were the only two close.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 06 November 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#127 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

They missed one there. Then came the make up call. Devils couldn't capitalize ..then came the break away thank god.

well... make up call... it was clearly a hooking call on Kane that should have been call regardless of the situation.

www.SterioDesign.com

#128 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Josefson is still, in my mind, better then Henrique. Josefson's defense is probably miles ahead of Adam's.

He's a more complete player at the moment, but he hasn't shown himself to be a goal scorer yet. I hope they both become stars. Will soften the blow of likely losing Parise.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#129 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Josefson is certainly a more well-rounded player (at least for now), but I think Henrique has more offensive upside.

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,913 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Josefson is certainly a more well-rounded player (at least for now), but I think Henrique has more offensive upside.

I don't think so. Josefson is a year younger which at the ages we're talking about is a pretty huge difference.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#131 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Henrique is awesome. That is all.

By the way, the OT goal reactions by Steve/Chico were hilarious... Steve: "SCAAAAARRRRR" immediately followed by Chico yelling an awkward "RAAWRRRRR".

I had to make sure CroMag didn't write that ...

I'm here for the party

#132 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

I don't think so. Josefson is a year younger which at the ages we're talking about is a pretty huge difference.

In my opinion, Henrique has much better hands and certainly better speed than Josefson. I think Josefson as of now sees the ice better and is better defensively, but Henrique tops him in pure offensive upside. I'm sorry, but I don't think Josefson could have made most of the goals Henrique has this year (including preseason games).

Of course, we're basing all this on a very small sample size, even though I paid attention to Henrique most of last year in Albany. This could all change very quickly.

#133 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Although he was not incredibly noticeable last night, I like the way Bogosian plays. I wonder what it'd take to get him over here.

#134 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico particularly puzzling...

CHICO: "The next clue is...woman. Four letters...ends in U-N-T."
CANGIALOSI: "I got it! It's aunt!"
CHICO: "Oh. [slight pause] Say, you don't have an eraser, do you?"
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users