152 replies to this topic

#21 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

There wasn't so much a doubt as there was a general indifference. When he got sent down after 2 games, almost everyone shrugged and said he needs more time in the AHL.

Yea you're right about that on the flip side no one batted an eye when he almost didn't play another game this year.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

There wasn't so much a doubt as there was a general indifference. When he got sent down after 2 games, almost everyone shrugged and said he needs more time in the AHL.

From my point of view it wasnt that he needed more time in the ahl... He just needed more time

It was dumb to play him on our 4th line playing like 5 minutes a games

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

he's really gaining his confidence. he, along with parise, both have so much passion it is so exciting to watch. i really wanna see him a devil for a while, and can't wait to see this kid develop even more nicely.. good work buddy! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#24 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

I only got to see a bit of him last night but I know I loved seeing how fast he was on the ice. We certainly have quite a few plodders on this teams so I love having someone that seems as fast as Zach. I'm interested to see if given more time if he can glue Kovy & Zach.

#25 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

As I said before, he and parise should be line mates even when zajac returns. Great chemistry, similar styles.

#26 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

As I said before, he and parise should be line mates even when zajac returns. Great chemistry, similar styles.

I agree... The only problem is the RW problem.

Parise-Henrique-???

Kovy-Zajac-Napalm
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#27 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

I agree... The only problem is the RW problem.

Parise-Henrique-???

Kovy-Zajac-Napalm

Parise henrique Nash after we make an epic deal with the cbj lol

Our Rw is def an issue

#28 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

as i predicted when all the people were crying over josefson, zajac should be the one worried, henrique is the real deal.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#29 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Like I said in other threads, Tedenby and a guy like Urbom could net you a pretty good right winger.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#30 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Parise henrique Nash after we make an epic deal with the cbj lolOur Rw is def an issue

HAHAHA could happen if we are talking about NHL 12 here :P

as i predicted when all the people were crying over josefson, zajac should be the one worried, henrique is the real deal.

Well its not really Zajac because he will be on one of the 1st two lines for sure. Its Josefson who will be a 3rd line guy.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#31 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Parise has chemistry with a lot of players on the team. He can play with alomst any of them. It's harder, however, to find someone who can play with Kovy. I think Henrique should play with Kovy even when Zajac is ready to return.

Parise-Zajac-Palmeiri
Kovy-Henrique-Tedenby
Elias-Zubrus-Sykora

#32 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

naaa I like Parise and Henrique together... when healthy, if you're putting Elias on the 3rd line it should look like this:

Parise- Henrique- Zubrus
Kovy- Zajac-Palmieri
Elias- Josefson- Sykora

#33 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

naaa I like Parise and Henrique together... when healthy, if you're putting Elias on the 3rd line it should look like this:

Parise- Henrique- Zubrus
Kovy- Zajac-Palmieri
Elias- Josefson- Sykora

That Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line is just clicking too much right now to break them up, IMO.

Kovy had a little chemistry with both Zajac and Josefson but I think if we want to get the most out of him he should play with Henrique.

Parise and Zajac have already proven that they can put up some points together. I do think that we can find someone else to play on the right side of Parise and Zajac though besides Napalm though.

#34 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

That Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line is just clicking too much right now to break them up, IMO.

Kovy had a little chemistry with both Zajac and Josefson but I think if we want to get the most out of him he should play with Henrique.

Parise and Zajac have already proven that they can put up some points together. I do think that we can find someone else to play on the right side of Parise and Zajac though besides Napalm though.

thats true, i didnt think about that.. you dont want to throw zajac in with kovy tho?

#35 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Like I said in other threads, Tedenby and a guy like Urbom could net you a pretty good right winger.

I'm starting to open up to this idea a little more. How good of a RW do you think?

It would suck to get rid of those guys though. Too bad, but RW is definitely something we need more, I suppose.

#36 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

thats true, i didnt think about that.. you dont want to throw zajac in with kovy tho?

Kovy and Zajac did okay together but Zajac plays better with Parise. Their styles compliment each other more and in the past they put up more points together.

Kovy needs and offensive powerhouse to play with and at this point Henrique seems to fit that bill. Things could always change I guess.

I think this team's number one priority right now should be getting Kovy to become that 40-50 goal scorer he once was. Bring his confidence back. We have this guy for 14 more years no matter what and we can't let him become the next Yashin.

#37 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Kovy and Zajac did okay together but Zajac plays better with Parise. Their styles compliment each other more and in the past they put up more points together.

Kovy needs and offensive powerhouse to play with and at this point Henrique seems to fit that bill. Things could always change I guess.

I think this team's number one priority right now should be getting Kovy to become that 40-50 goal scorer he once was. Bring his confidence back. We have this guy for 14 more years no matter what and we can't let him become the next Yashin.

good call, wellll played

#38 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

Parise- Henrique- Zubrus
Kovy- Zajac-Palmieri
Elias- Josefson- Sykora

If you think Clarkson will be allowed to play on the 4th line you're way off. Not that I don't like your setup, but Lou and DeBoer do

believe-3devils.jpg

#39 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Just so everyone knows, Adam will be at Sports Minded Unlimited on December 29th doing his first signing. Time and prices to come soon.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#40 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Kovy-Henrique-Tedenby may be too much of a defensive liability

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users