Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Kovy-Henrique-Tedenby may be too much of a defensive liability

definitely agreed... too many one sided players there

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#42 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Kovy-Henrique-Tedenby may be too much of a defensive liability

But it also has the potential to be an offensive beast. The rest of the team plays a good two way game. I wouldn't mind one line that plays open. It would be exciting and we'd be scoring a lot (hopefully).

#43 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Just so everyone knows, Adam will be at Sports Minded Unlimited on December 29th doing his first signing. Time and prices to come soon.

thanks for this info! i heard about a hedberg signing, do you have any info about that? thanks.

#44 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

thanks for this info! i heard about a hedberg signing, do you have any info about that? thanks.

Yeah go to the Marketplace and then go to the pinned topic: Upcoming Autograph Signings

Edited by Quinn01, 06 November 2011 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#45 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Deffinetly love the line of Parise-Henrique-Clarkson this is a have to keep line

ajq8o1.png

#46 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

We're not gonna have ideal lines til Josefson gets back, but when he does, we could be sick, even with so so RWs.

Parise Henrique Sykora
Kovy Zajac Zubrus
Elias Josefson Tedenby

Parise and Henrique have some chemistry, Sykora gives them a big shot, a la Langs on ZZPop.
Kovy and Zajac were great together last year. Kovy's better with a big body who can bump in the corners and get in position for rebounds. Zubs isn't perfect, but he'll do.
Josefson and Tedenby are good together, and obviously benefit a ton from working with Elias.

If DeBo is really in love with Clarkson, he can take Tedenby's spot and Tedenby can be a spark on the 4th line.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#47 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Elias and Sykora should NOT be broken up. That is clear, if Sykora keeps his penalties down he is an absolute steal at his salary.

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus
Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora
Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson
Henrique - Carter - Palmieri

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 06 November 2011 - 09:53 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#48 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

naaa I like Parise and Henrique together... when healthy, if you're putting Elias on the 3rd line it should look like this:

Parise- Henrique- Zubrus
Kovy- Zajac-Palmieri
Elias- Josefson- Sykora

And Tedenby is a 4th liner? OR are you assuming Sykora Zubrus and Palmieri are higher on the pecking order.

I love Henrique, a lot. But let's wait before using the anointing oil. How many goals did Bergfors score in his start?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#49 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Elias and Sykora should NOT be broken up. That is clear, if Sykora keeps his penalties down he is an absolute steal at his salary.

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus
Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora
Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson
Henrique - Carter - Palmieri

How effective is Henrique on our 4th line? If someone said he can play wing without much trouble, why is he on the 4th line instead of the 3rd? I think a lot of people don't realize how horrible clarkson is, despite his goal total.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#50 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

If Palmieri is going to be pushed down to the fourth line, I'd rather he be swapped for Zharkov who is faster and more reliable defensively.

#51 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

How effective is Henrique on our 4th line? If someone said he can play wing without much trouble, why is he on the 4th line instead of the 3rd? I think a lot of people don't realize how horrible clarkson is, despite his goal total.

Clarkson is playing much better this year, and he is not 'horrible'. If anything, Tedenby is the player I would move down.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#52 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Clarkson is playing much better this year, and he is not 'horrible'. If anything, Tedenby is the player I would move down.

I edited the lines, I originally had Tedenby on the 4th line. I think Tedenby and Josefson's chemistry played into my decision.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#53 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Yeah go to the Marketplace and then go to the pinned topic: Upcoming Autograph Signings

:offtopic:

for $60 -- I am ashamed of Scott Stevens and all NHL players who support this sh!t. It's plain and simple unethical because it's an unfair pricing scheme. Signatures should be free. Only rich kids with parents who have money to burn can do this. It's not my problem if people will seek to profit off of a free signature - - fighting the greedy fire started by these lame ass auctioneers with fire is bullsh!t and it's sad these players have lowered themselves to this crap.

Quakers invented the price tag to stop this horse sh!t.... but people are unethical and want to screw their fellow man and even fair-minded people get sucked in.

I disapprove and will not stop saying so as long as people insist on posting this stuff. My right to bitch as much as it is yours to fvck people over for monetary gain. Anyone's annoyance only tips their hand.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 07 November 2011 - 11:01 AM.

I'm here for the party

#54 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Tedenby looks absolutely horrid this year, to the point where I am starting to doubt all the good things we saw out of him last year. If he doesn't shape up soon, I think it's best to send him back to the AHL for more development time.

#55 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Tedenby just seems like he's trying to be too fancy, and just needs to go hard to the net to get into a grove, he also is getting much time out there, i know thats kind of a catch 22 because he isnt getting time because he isnt producing and vice versa, but he is definitely hustling out there and playing hard every shift, it'll come imo.

#56 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Teddy's been invisible imo. Would not mind seeing him packaged in a trade.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#57 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Teddy's been invisible imo. Would not mind seeing him packaged in a trade.

we wouldn't get much in return at this point. anyway i'd stick onto him he has hands and the speed of a great player he justs need to find his game.

i love what Henrique is doing right now. but seriously sykora looks like.....

Edited by Mayday, 07 November 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#58 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I missed the last three games, but last I saw everyone was ooh-ing and aah-ing over the effectiveness of the Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson line. I guess promoting Henrique to the top 6 has taken the shine off the other two turds, so to speak?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#59 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I missed the last three games, but last I saw everyone was ooh-ing and aah-ing over the effectiveness of the Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson line. I guess promoting Henrique to the top 6 has taken the shine off the other two turds, so to speak?

With Kovy out Clarkson and Henrique played with Parise last game. So it's really just Tedenby who looked like the other 2 carried him those few games.

Clarkson has been one of the better Devils forwards this season.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#60 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

With Kovy out Clarkson and Henrique played with Parise last game. So it's really just Tedenby who looked like the other 2 carried him those few games.

Clarkson has been one of the better Devils forwards this season.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Glad to hear Clarky's been stepping up his game.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users