#61 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

http://blogs.northje...eason_strength/

DeBoer see's the same thing I do, Henrique needs work on his defense. Very good article. As I checked my stats, Ilya Kovalchuk has been our best PK'er so far this year. He hasn't allowed a PK goal yet an has scored twice making him a +2. Only a -36 CORSI on shorthanded, that is almost what Pelley did 5 on 5 with -32. lol

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 07 November 2011 - 05:01 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#62 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_penalty_kill_an_early-season_strength/

DeBoer see's the same thing I do, Henrique needs work on his defense. Very good article. As I checked my stats, Ilya Kovalchuk has been our best PK'er so far this year. He hasn't allowed a PK goal yet an has scored twice making him a +2. Only a -36 CORSI on shorthanded, that is almost what Pelley did 5 on 5 with -32. lol

this is where corsi numbers go wrong. you're dealing with a very, very limited amount of time here. kovalchuk is rarely put out for faceoffs on the PK (he has 10, 1 in the offensive zone, 3 in the neutral zone), and he's played against second units. plus he got that fluke breakaway. i think kovalchuk can be an effective penalty killer but when zajac is healthy i hope kovalchuk will be taken out of that role.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#63 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

this is where corsi numbers go wrong. you're dealing with a very, very limited amount of time here. kovalchuk is rarely put out for faceoffs on the PK (he has 10, 1 in the offensive zone, 3 in the neutral zone), and he's played against second units. plus he got that fluke breakaway. i think kovalchuk can be an effective penalty killer but when zajac is healthy i hope kovalchuk will be taken out of that role.

Not a chance he should be taken out, Tedenby will lose minutes first and even when Zajac is back a statistical analysis should be done to determine who may lose minutes before Kovalchuk. I would like to limit Kovalchuk's minutes but I hope that comes at the expense of PP.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#64 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Any chance when Zajac comes back, they put him on a line with Kovy and leave Henrique with Parise? Both pairs have shown some chemistry together, given its on a much smaller scale with Henrique-Parise.

#65 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

It's really too soon to be guessing who Zajac plays with when he gets back. It's absolutely going to depend on who's hot and who's not at that moment. I can't imagine that Zajac plays with Kovy unless whoever is centering Parise is absolutely on fire with him. You just can't ignore all the past success that Parise and Zajac have had together.

#66 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Chico spoke at the fan club meeting last night and was really high on him. Says he just has this swagger and confidence about him, like he knows he belongs and can play in this league. Didn't say he was cocky or anything, just confident, and Zach loves playing with him already.

Funny story he told...during training camp Chico said he was talking to Mark (N)Єverson and brought up Henrique and said something like "this kid is really skilled and could make the team this year." (N)Єverson, very matter-of-fact says "Nah, too slow. He's got no foot speed. He'll never make it in this league."
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#67 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

Chico spoke at the fan club meeting last night and was really high on him. Says he just has this swagger and confidence about him, like he knows he belongs and can play in this league. Didn't say he was cocky or anything, just confident, and Zach loves playing with him already.

Funny story he told...during training camp Chico said he was talking to Mark (N)Єverson and brought up Henrique and said something like "this kid is really skilled and could make the team this year." (N)Єverson, very matter-of-fact says "Nah, too slow. He's got no foot speed. He'll never make it in this league."

Who the hell is (N)Єverson anyway? Like does he have any place to speak his "Intel"? Ive never actually looked him up but from what everyone posts on here, the dude sounds like a dink.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#68 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

I think a lot of people said that here too though.... same kind of stuff....

I'm here for the party

#69 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Who the hell is (N)Єverson anyway? Like does he have any place to speak his "Intel"? Ive never actually looked him up but from what everyone posts on here, the dude sounds like a dink.

He's the Devils beat writer for the NY Post. For the most part, his reporting is typical NY Post tabloid rag garbage. A lot of his articles are wild, unfounded speculation, and his gamers sometimes include subtle (or not-so-subtle) jabs at the team, front office and/or fans. We're all so accustomed to everything he writes being so anti-Devils that sometimes we see jabs that aren't even there.

But once in a blue moon he'll come out of nowhere and scoop everyone on a big story. His work around the Kovy signing was surprisingly ahead of the curve and he knew Sutter was stepping down WAY before anyone else in the press had a clue.

Short version: He's a douche, but has his moments.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#70 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Don't know if this was already posted but check out #4

#71 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Another big night for Henrique!
Posted Image Posted Image

#72 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

HEN-RIQUE!! HEN-RIQUE!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#73 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Henrique jersey on the way ?
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#74 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Henrique jersey on the way ?

Been considering this too! I didn't wanna get too excited after just te Jets game... But this kid is the real deal. Exclusive Pro may be receiving a jersey from me very shortly :evil:
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#75 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

I just hope he can maintain it. Players go on hot streaks and then disappear. I hope he is the real deal though.
Posted Image Posted Image

#76 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

we just gotta keep letting him do his thing, its working. his line is looking great and he's so fun to watch! :koolaid:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#77 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

ooh he is awesome but its a bit too early to jersey Henrique if you ask me.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#78 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

it's #HENRIQUENATION not Hen-rique, OK?

If we're going to steal from anyone, it should be from the awesome people from Quebec who came down this weekend to support our team (and advance their cause), not the Rags.
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#79 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Henfrique? (Henfreak)

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#80 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users