112 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I just want to see the views of you guys on this topic. Forget everything that has been said already, what are YOUR personal views on this. Will he stay, if so will that entail a large contract? If he goes, where do you think he will end up?

I personally see him leaving at the end of this season. I think he is a tad bit bitter about Kovalchuk. I get the feeling he is young and frustrated in a hockey sense. I see him going to somewhere west like LA or Columbus.

Edited by Quinn01, 08 November 2011 - 11:26 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

I do not think he is staying. He will either be traded at the deadline or walk at free agency.

I hope I am wrong.

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Haven't we debated this enough? Can we just sit back and enjoy the season already? There will be 865423 threads about this soon enough.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Haven't we debated this enough? Can we just sit back and enjoy the season already? There will be 865423 threads about this soon enough.

Yeah I hear ya its just irritating me not knowing whether or not the captain is going to leave. I know its part of the game but the anxiety is killing me. :lol:

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#5 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Can we delete this thread please?

#6 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I hear ya its just irritating me not knowing whether or not the captain is going to leave. I know its part of the game but the anxiety is killing me. :lol:

And another thread on this topic will cure your anxiety how?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#7 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Can we delete this thread please?

Hurump.

Im just curious what the thoughts are at this point in the season.

Delete the topic if people are going to get all riled up.

Posted Image

#8 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Will it rain 6 years from today?

#9 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

haha i have been wondering the same thing...last night he did an interview on nbc nhl overtime show and they asked him if him being the captain would make him stay

he said twice we're working on it looking perturbed...i really think he wants to stay but can nj afford him was something that wasnt brought up

one of the experts who i didn't recognize said he's going to be gone and lou will be moving him early to get good value out of him and set the team up for a rebuild

i am pretty bad with the rosey covered devil glass' but i think he will sign...thats my gut...lou doesnt want to move him and i think he wants to stay and the only thing holding this back is money

ques if we can't sign him do we trade him for prospects and picks?

btw he mentioned being captain is helped by having kovi an "ex-captain" on the team

Edited by justdo3043, 08 November 2011 - 12:01 PM.

"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

I think it's more like a need to wallow in the anxiety with as many as can stand it.

I hear you Quinn!

I can't get a read. I think he's not petty or compartmentalized though.

I DO get a distinct feeling he's doing all he can to help Kovalchuk. I think that he's doing his best to not leave the devils or more precisely, any of his teammates in the lurch. He's not pulling any Holik "I can look in de mirror and sleep like a leetle bebby at night... can anyone else on dis team?" while preparing to move on all season long.

I think Chico's take is coming from his relationship with JP -- and I think that makes it far to easy to over-simplify. JP is emotionally removed and has a different ambition for his son. He can't know what will truly make Zach happy.... it's his job as a dad to push Zach out of his comfort zone just in case ZACH doesn't really know what he wants. (and Zach is no fool -- he knows anything he says to Chico will go right back to his dad one way or the other -- so the communication is tainted - not in a negative way but in a keep every one happy - keep everyone's emotions as level as possible until it's time to really make a decision. Chico is a loud mouth who thinks he's helping -- which he IS but you have to keep it in the proper perspective too...)

In the end there will be consensus - and since every one seems to be coming from the right place I'm fine with however it plays out. I really like Zach and wish he'd stay but I'd understand if he left.

I feel ZERO ill will on any side. Every side has to question loyalties and such --but I approve of what every side is doing :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 November 2011 - 12:05 PM.

I'm here for the party

#11 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

I think it's more like a need to wallow in the anxiety with as many as can stand it.

I hear you Quinn!

I can't get a read. I think he's not petty or compartmentalized though.

I DO get a distinct feeling he's doing all he can to help Kovalchuk. I think that he's doing his best to not leave the devils or more precisely, any of his teammates in the lurch. He's not pulling any Holik "I can look in de mirror and sleep like a leetle bebby at night... can anyone else on dis team?" while preparing to move on all season long.

I think Chico's take is coming from his relationship with JP -- and I think that makes it far to easy to over-simplify. JP is emotionally removed and has a different ambition for his son. He can't know what will truly make Zach happy.... it's his job as a dad to push Zach out of his comfort zone just in case ZACH doesn't really know what he wants.

In the end there will be consensus - and since every one seems to be coming from the right place I'm fine with however it plays out. I really like Zach and wish he'd stay but I'd understand if he left.

I feel ZERO ill will on any side. Every side has to question loyalties and such --but I approve of what every side is doing :noclue:

Absolutely, I mean I get bored in one spot in like 2 months. I cant imagine playing at that caliber for several years. It does seem that his connection with his teammates is what is going to keep him or push him away. On the other hand, if he does decide to leave, I would hate to see us get nothing in return for one of the top players in the league.

Posted Image

#12 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I just want to see the views of you guys on this topic. Forget everything that has been said already, what are YOUR personal views on this. Will he stay, if so will that entail a large contract? If he goes, where do you think he will end up?

I personally see him leaving at the end of this season. I think he is a tad bit bitter about Kovalchuk. I get the feeling he is young and frustrated in a hockey sense. I see him going to somewhere west like LA or Columbus.

You love starting threads dude...you start off saying you know the topic has been beaten to death, but continue on beating the topic. I dont get it. Why not use a prior Parise thread? :noclue:

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

:horse: :horse: :horse:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#14 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

He wrote that so people wouldn't feel the need to tell him how stupid he was.
So all of you guys repeatedly saying he's beating a dead horse.... isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Perspective :evil:

I'm here for the party

#15 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

i know the thread is :horse: its just sooo huge that might as well write about it once in a while

besides you dont have to read kinda like i dont read the thread about the devils being in financial issues because its turned all sorts of terrible
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#16 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. It's not rocket science.

Anyways, i think he's a goner. Hope we get something decent in return.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#17 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

He wants to play for a winner, simple as that. He's tired of losing. IF this team can make the playoffs and somehow put together a decent run I think that will go a long way in convincing him to stay.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#18 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

I get dibs on starting a 'will Parise leave' post next week!
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#19 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. It's not rocket science.

Anyways, i think he's a goner. Hope we get something decent in return.

:wub: Awe -- so now I know you don't really mind my psycho posts :evilcry: (tears of sentimentality)

I'm here for the party

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

If Parise does leave to some place like Columbus then I hope we can make a deal and get Carter in return.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users