112 replies to this topic

#21 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

:wub: Awe -- so now I know you don't really mind my psycho posts :evilcry: (tears of sentimentality)

Depends on my mood. :P

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#22 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

If Parise does leave to some place like Columbus then I hope we can make a deal and get Carter in return.

Trade Parise for Rick Nash.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#23 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

I don't think the Kovy trade and deal will have any negative affect on his decision in and of itself. I could be way off here, but I don’t feel egos clashing or resentment
Its how and if Kovy produces that will go into the thought process. Can the devils win with him and Zach? That obviously will be a factor

then you have the basic check lists of;

Stability and money will be big factors (can you blame him)

A hockey town would be a draw for him, and add financial incentives

And a winning chance; gotta drink from the cup

Right now it’s looking precarious at best. There is a ton of money coming off the books across the league. And if we cant be a major player in the bidding wars he gone.

#24 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

He wants to play for a winner, simple as that. He's tired of losing. IF this team can make the playoffs and somehow put together a decent run I think that will go a long way in convincing him to stay.

The reason I consider this faulty logic - Zach isn't lazy. He's massively creative and he wants the room to develop that winning team. He doesn't strike me as some guy who solely wants his name etched on the Cup before he retires. He wants a legacy that he can share in the responsibility for. Like Nieds had to leave the Devils to feel true ownership of a Cup win.

Zach is feeling out if that can happen here. Actually I think he's pretty sure it can - as sure as he is that he can make it happen anywhere else. In fact he can make it happen here sooner than anywhere else most likely.

If he feels like he can get more -- I dont want to say credit or respect -- but if he feels he'll have more ownership of the team somewhere else he may go. But he wants to hold on to all he's built here and the team is showing they will allow him to in title ---

So it boils down to how he honestly feels -- does he honestly feel like he's contributing to the top of his ability here -- that he is allowed to and that he himself is capable.

Don't you all know how that is? I never understand why it's difficult to empathize with that goal. It's completely non-selfish in terms of what it brings to the team.

I'm here for the party

#25 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Trade him to Edmonton for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Gagne. Good deal no?

In all seriousness, I think Parise isn't worth more than Elias money and if we do end up giving him that money we won't win anytime in the forseeable future...

#26 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Parise will be traded to LA for Bernier + something.
Posted Image

#27 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Let's wait until at least January to start these pleaseeeeee

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#28 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

Parise for Phil Kessel. Gives us a dynamic RW.

#29 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Magic 8 balls says not likely. Rumors saying the wild may be serious bidders for him and I can see him wanting to go play in his home state

#30 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Let him go then. The wheel of fortune will continue to spin...don't worry.

#31 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Let's wait until at least January to start these pleaseeeeee

exactly. ppl saying trade him for so-and-so shouldnt be allowed in the arena. ZACH PARISE IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. this isnt brian gionta, this isnt brian rafalski, this isnt even patrick elias. zach is a much more skilled player and if you dont think lou knows that, then youre nuts. parise will be here for a long time you can bet on that, and if he's not its not because we cant afford him. devils fans, EVERY TIME PARISE TOUCHES THE PUCK AT HOME WE SHOULD CHEER. In my opinion thats a fantastic idea. it will show the support he has here. anyone else with me???

#32 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

exactly. ppl saying trade him for so-and-so shouldnt be allowed in the arena. ZACH PARISE IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. this isnt brian gionta, this isnt brian rafalski, this isnt even patrick elias. zach is a much more skilled player and if you dont think lou knows that, then youre nuts. parise will be here for a long time you can bet on that, and if he's not its not because we cant afford him. devils fans, EVERY TIME PARISE TOUCHES THE PUCK AT HOME WE SHOULD CHEER. In my opinion thats a fantastic idea. it will show the support he has here. anyone else with me???

This guy...I like this guy's enthusiasm

Edited by Devilsfan118, 08 November 2011 - 06:37 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#33 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Magic 8 balls says not likely. Rumors saying the wild may be serious bidders for him and I can see him wanting to go play in his home state

If we trade we better get like Josh Harding, another player like Devin Setoguchi and a pick.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#34 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

If we trade we better get like Josh Harding, another player like Devin Setoguchi and a pick.

if it's Minnesota lets get Heatley (although he's 31), Harding, and a pick.

But regardless, lets hope our boy Zach is stayin in Jersey.. and I almost wish this thread was never started because i cant stand talking about this subject more than we already are

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Sorry but you lost me at saying parise has meant more to this team than Elias. You obviously have not watched the team and how much he meant to the team between 99 and 04.

#36 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Sorry but you lost me at saying parise has meant more to this team than Elias. You obviously have not watched the team and how much he meant to the team between 99 and 04.

i got lost with this gem right from the start: "ppl saying trade him for so-and-so shouldnt be allowed in the arena" :huh:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Plain and simple, it all comes down to how much of a mess the team is actually in financially.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#38 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

I dont think trading him is an option. It's never been done before unless someone was a borderline problem - even then Gomez nor Holik was traded. Gomez was struggling and Holik was an ass.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 November 2011 - 05:44 PM.

I'm here for the party

#39 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

ZP is a goner.

#40 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

I could see him making the jump to the KHL.
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users