112 replies to this topic

#101 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

I want Parise here. But looking at how things have gone and what people in the business are saying I am not optimistic that he will be signed by the Devils. Every team wants him. Lots of money available. The Devils financial mess will cause his father to say get out while you can. However I expect a season long lockout in 2012/2013 year. The new CBA contract for 2013/2014 and the next 5 years may make him ineligible for UFA in the new CBA year 2012/2013. Lou is hoping that this happens.

Honestly I want the best for Parise I think he has earned my respect and I support him regardless of where he goes even if it hurts the Devils, being an old man I can say he is a very nice kid.

#102 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Be the stupidest thing ever if the Devils didn't resign him. Why do I feel like he'd go to the fvcking Rangers.

#103 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I hate to say it but since Travis went down, Zach has become less consitant, or is it the lack of playing with a year off either way you look at it. He needs to pick it up or in my opinion he is trade bait come the deadline.

I had the same injury Zach had. Trust me no matter how much treatment you recieve after the surgery it takes about 2 years in my opinion to fully recover from a torn meniscus. I don't think he's 100% all around.

#104 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

do you guys think Lou would go as far as resigning Langenbrunner (if available) to help convincing Zach to stay ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#105 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Not a single one of us has any idea if he's staying or going. It's gonna be stressful one way or the other. The whole bankrutpcy thing isn't exactly appealing.

Posted Image

#106 AlienDev

AlienDev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I personally think he stays, gets as close to a Kovy deal as we can give him, and remains a Devil for a long time to come.
Posted Image

#107 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

do you guys think Lou would go as far as resigning Langenbrunner (if available) to help convincing Zach to stay ?

No.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#108 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

The bottom line is we really don't have to wait much longer to get the answer to this. After Parise signed the 1 year deal this past summer, both sides said they'd negotiate quietly outside of the media and have an agreement that could be signed 1/1/12. Zach has said repeatily that he wants to stay here in multiple media outlets. Forget all the crap you hear on VS. and anywhere else in the media, if he's a man of his word and the Devils want him like they say they do then he'll be a Devil. I think it's good news we've heard nothing on the topic from Parise or the Devils since they agreed to deal with this silently!

If nothing is signed or announced a week after 1/1/12, expect Zach to be traded or just lost to FA on 7/1/12!

#109 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Dude, EVERY person says they want to stay. We'll see what happens but him saying that doesn't mean sh!t to me because he's never been a FA before. When Elias said he wanted to stay, it actually meant something.

#110 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

When Elias said he wanted to stay, it actually meant something.

Only because he backed it up by actually signing.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#111 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

The bottom line is we really don't have to wait much longer to get the answer to this. After Parise signed the 1 year deal this past summer, both sides said they'd negotiate quietly outside of the media and have an agreement that could be signed 1/1/12.
If nothing is signed or announced a week after 1/1/12, expect Zach to be traded or just lost to FA on 7/1/12!

/thread.

Exactly this, imo

Edited by Devilsfan118, 19 November 2011 - 08:49 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#112 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Dude, EVERY person says they want to stay. We'll see what happens but him saying that doesn't mean sh!t to me because he's never been a FA before. When Elias said he wanted to stay, it actually meant something.

Maybe, but he also said afterwards that he almost signed with the Rangers until Lou offered the no-movement clause.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#113 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Anything Parise says literally means absolutely nothing because he's never been in this situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users