125 replies to this topic

#101 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, I butchered this one pretty badly...you nailed the first two lines, but the third was supposed to be: HAM IS SALTY!

That's what I get for trying to throw it together in about 30 seconds.

Regardless, I found this exchange between Chico and Cangialosi last night a bit puzzling...

CHICO: "...and then I told her I misunderstood, because I typically don't go around licking people without their permission, and she sa-..."
CANGIALOSI: "Hey, wait...we're not even working this game. Versus is covering it!"
CHICO: "Yeah, but I wanna make sure NJCroMag has something to post tomorrow."

haha love these. its sad when cango is the voice of reason

#102 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

some points on the game

this was a big game for the canes, they got reamed out fans, coaches and the media and wanted to show something here! their effort was strong!

We answered that effort with outstanding forechecking and board work, did dino lose one buck battle? he was a beast, allen and gleason were burried by him. don't know why most think it was ugly. the cycling was frantic

our Defensemen are being WAY more involved and daring on maintaining the puck in the zone. Hell, volchenkov was BEHIND THEIR GOAL AGAIN! when have we seen that before?

Marty played solid goalie, his speed is still there with the glove he just needs to work on his flexibility as he gains playing time

All lines were flying around what we lack in talent we make up for in effort

can napalm not shoot every puck into the goalies chest!

imo, exciting and enjoyable game

#103 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

We had wheels last night. Fasted paced game I've seen the Devils play lately. Seems the Devils don't usually dominate in the speed area of their game. Idk, it always looks different watching a game the Devils aren't even playing in, and watching how fast the players skate. to me it always seems the Devils like to play a slightly more down-tempo game when they have the control. They were flying around a lot last night. We do need established speed to be one of our strengths and beat the other team to the punch on puck battles.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#104 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Well now... I've been thinking about that. To me if things look fast that generally means things are sloppy. A clean game will look slow because you can follow it.

My final conclusion -- our Vs camera guy sucked monkey nuts :evil: -- it was the camera's inability to maintain focus that added a level to the sloppiness of that game. Maybe they expected a slower game so they used a poor camera guy? So I'm not saying they DIDN'T have wheels - but there were a lot of contributing factors. Not being able to really follow a game is a BAD thing -- it doesn't mean anyone is all skilled and stuff.. :evil: that's just my opinion though... maybe. because I'm really right... and even Scott Stevens thinks so -- btu he didn't know it until he just read that and he's saying "hmmm... yeah -- she might have something there." He's always doing that when he reads what I write ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM.

I'm here for the party

#105 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

Last night was the best team effort in a long time.

Keep up the good work.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#106 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

Keep up the good work.

I see what you did there ;)

#107 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Well now... I've been thinking about that. To me if things look fast that generally means things are sloppy. A clean game will look slow because you can follow it.

pepper, are you not a john wooden disciple? you need to play with that frantic calmness. frantic, fast, explosive in the body yet calm ,controlled and thinking in the mind. its athletic nirvana. its a very narrow range and you will cycle over and under it but its the goal

btw agree with the camera, I lost the puck more on TV last night than all other HD MSG games combined, and IT WAS A VERY DARK VIDEO FEED for some reason. the rock has excellent lighting imo the best in the league why was the VS cameras dark & filtered like

#108 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

i forgot to even comment on the faceoffs... which, btw, we won 38-18- ridiculousnesssss. Good shtuff last night boys, from just about everyone

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#109 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

Keep up the good work.

yeah man, everyone in the lineup knows how to play a team game!
Devils.

#110 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Keep up the good work.

just imagine if we had Kovy :cheers:

#111 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

just imagine if we had Kovy :cheers:

Its funny you bring this up, but DeBoer has put it in perspective. I think this team will play even better when Kovy gets back as they now know how much more they can win playing the style he wants them to play.

From TG's blog:

That they won the last two without Ilya Kovalchuk, who hopes to return Friday from a pulled leg muscle pull, makes it even more impressive.
“I really believed that,” DeBoer said of his feeling last week. “Obviously, I didn’t foresee Kovalchuk going down, but I think the guys have responded. When you have players like that out of the lineup the attention to detail gets better out of necessity and I think that’s what’s happening.”

#112 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

Its funny you bring this up, but DeBoer has put it in perspective. I think this team will play even better when Kovy gets back as they now know how much more they can win playing the style he wants them to play.

From TG's blog:

Good luck with that. They will defer and change their style to adjust to him.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#113 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Good luck with that. They will defer and change their style to adjust to him.

Could very well be, but I am hoping that doesn't happen. Parise-Henrique-Kovy line looked like they were on the verge of breaking out the last game together. The rest along with watching how the Devils played without him could very well encourage Kovy to play better. God knows.

#114 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Because beating two non playoff teams proves we're better without Kovy, so I guess we should trade Zach cause we went 22-2-3 without him in the second half...
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#115 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Because beating two non playoff teams proves we're better without Kovy, so I guess we should trade Zach cause we went 22-2-3 without him in the second half...

We should also trade Marty and re-acquire Clemmensen.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#116 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

And, let's be honest, while the effort last night was impressive it's still a one-goal win over Carolina, and we needed OT to beat the 'Peg. I'll happily take 'em, but they're not exactly statement wins.

This weekend's home-and-home is going to say a lot about this team. Hopefully last night's effort continues ...
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#117 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

This weekend's home-and-home is going to say a lot about this team. Hopefully last night's effort continues ...
[/quote]
EXACTLY.. although they're wins, sometimes we all forget which teams they're against- and then all of a sudden we're blind-sighted by terrible game against a good team. This weekend is DEFINITELY gonna say a lot

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#118 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

Agreed. A wins a win, but if we don't keep it in perspective we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment.
Posted Image Posted Image

#119 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

And, let's be honest, while the effort last night was impressive it's still a one-goal win over Carolina, and we needed OT to beat the 'Peg. I'll happily take 'em, but they're not exactly statement wins.

Agreed. However, I do see a positive in the come backs in Philly. Coming back from down 2-0 and 3-2 was nice to see and I think a good sign. It seems too many times the last couple of years that games were over once it hit 2-0.

This weekend will be very interesting, especially with the Kovalchuk dynamic.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#120 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

These last three games have been fun. It's nice to see the team start to gel and the young guys start to find their way in this league, but there are still going to be plenty of growing pains. I am not going to get too bothered if they lose these next three games.

pepper, are you not a john wooden disciple? you need to play with that frantic calmness. frantic, fast, explosive in the body yet calm ,controlled and thinking in the mind. its athletic nirvana. its a very narrow range and you will cycle over and under it but its the goal

btw agree with the camera, I lost the puck more on TV last night than all other HD MSG games combined, and IT WAS A VERY DARK VIDEO FEED for some reason. the rock has excellent lighting imo the best in the league why was the VS cameras dark & filtered like

I usually welcome Versus' dark feeds because it hides some of the empty seats B )

Edited by 95Crash, 09 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users