125 replies to this topic

#121 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

One positive we can take is that the Devils survived an early valley. I admit I thought a big slump was coming once after that 3-1-1 smoke-and-mirrors start, but they managed to shorten it. And Henrique has been a nice story...who knows how long it lasts, but guys who burst onto the scene like that give us all something to cheer for and something to hope for.

Starting to wonder if Tedenby should be down at the A...just don't see him improving much getting less than 10 minutes of ice time, like he did last night. No shame in getting seasoning in Albany if he needs it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#122 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

Agreed. However, I do see a positive in the come backs in Philly. Coming back from down 2-0 and 3-2 was nice to see and I think a good sign. It seems too many times the last couple of years that games were over once it hit 2-0.

This weekend will be very interesting, especially with the Kovalchuk dynamic.

Good point. The comeback win over Philly was nice, but I would've preferred it came in regulation. A nice string of regulation wins would be great to see right now. Though I'd also like to see them go undefeated, I'd like a million dollars, and I'd like to motorboat Jennifer Connelly (circa Career Opportunities, please). Maybe I'm asking too much?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#123 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Starting to wonder if Tedenby should be down at the A...just don't see him improving much getting less than 10 minutes of ice time, like he did last night. No shame in getting seasoning in Albany if he needs it.

Tedenby might be better served with 10 NHL minutes since his mental game is what really needs the work. He'll be able to make any number of mental mistakes and get away with it in the AHL because of his physical skills. He really needs to learn what works at the NHL level, I think.

For example, Tedenby seems to have learned he needs to initiate the contact with players, even though he's smaller, to ensure he is getting proper leverage against the bigger player. At the AHL level I'm not sure he would have the need to do something like that.

In the end, I'm going to guess he'll develop about the same getting lots of AHL minutes or a few NHL minutes.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#124 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Good point. The comeback win over Philly was nice, but I would've preferred it came in regulation. A nice string of regulation wins would be great to see right now. Though I'd also like to see them go undefeated, I'd like a million dollars, and I'd like to motorboat Jennifer Connelly (circa Career Opportunities, please). Maybe I'm asking too much?

It'd be great if they swept the Caps. That would definitely up the confidence. Either way, I'd be ok with the million bucks and the Jennifer Connelly thing...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,053 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

And, let's be honest, while the effort last night was impressive it's still a one-goal win over Carolina, and we needed OT to beat the 'Peg. I'll happily take 'em, but they're not exactly statement wins.

This weekend's home-and-home is going to say a lot about this team. Hopefully last night's effort continues ...

This whole six-game stretch will say a lot - home Friday, then on the road for the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, Lightning and Panthers. At least they did pretty much what they've had to do on this homestand - win winnable games. Now they gotta sneak a couple out of a stretch where they'll be favored to win maybe one of the six games.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#126 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

These last three games have been fun. It's nice to see the team start to gel and the young guys start to find their way in this league, but there are still going to be plenty of growing pains. I am not going to get too bothered if they lose these next three games.

I usually welcome Versus' dark feeds because it hides some of the empty seats B )

lol... but we still know those seats are there

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users