61 replies to this topic

#61 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

I can't take the 300 consecutive games played away from him, that's the all-time iron man streak in any professional sport. I do half think he was sticking pins in a Peyton voodoo doll before this season so he could keep the record and it worked :lol:

And his talent was certainly enormous at his peak, but he wasn't consistently one of the top QB's in his later years (people seem to forget now about the number of meh seasons he had there after Holmgren left - kind of like Kovy unleashed, he had nobody that could put the leash on him until McCarthy got there)

But he was extremely egocentric between all the retirements, the way he left GB and maneuvered himself to Minnesota, the coach issues and not helping Rodgers (to be fair Montana pulled the same thing with Steve Young) - so I agree with CRASHER and Manta in that I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's going to the Hall of Fame, he'll get his number retired someday, it's not like his legacy will be obliterated, just some of his massive ego :P

I will give you the 300 games. That is a difficult task for a position that gets beat up every Sunday.

But at least Favre had a running game: Ahman Green.

He was selected to the NFL Pro Bowl every year from 2001 to 2004 and broke several franchise records. From the time he joined the Packers in 2000 up through the end of the 2004 season, Green gained more yards from scrimmage (9,036) and rushing yards (6,848) than any other NFL player.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#62 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

The secret NFL Thursday Night game is being Televised locally tonight Yeehaa!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users