59 replies to this topic

#41 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Just checked out the "on ice" new reebok jerseys and the indo's are complete garbage compared to them! I am uploading pictures soon, but the reebok is sewn on, the fight strap is like on the edge 2.0 on ice jersey, and well they are made in, you guessed it, Canada...

Blown I would return that to EP, and let them know it isn't even close to what the players wear.

I want to, but there are no good alternatives for the money :noclue:

Where'd you see the on ice version?

Edited by Blown01NJ, 14 November 2011 - 05:33 PM.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#42 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#43 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Blown, return it and order a GI from http://www.meigray.com/

http://www.meigray.c...=4542&scId=4542

Size - 54
Gionta #14
Cost: $250 (plus shipping & tax) call and see if you can get a better price... It will be an on ice jersey and well EP can strip/redo it for you I am sure.

#44 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Size - 54
Gionta #14
Cost: $250 (plus shipping & tax) call and see if you can get a better price... It will be an on ice jersey and well EP can strip/redo it for you I am sure.

I'll check it out. That's last years jersey though.

#45 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Size - 54
Gionta #14

I suggested this the other nite. I removed the post for a good reason which is very important (thanks for copying my idea though :whistling: )

I removed the suggestion because it's not a good idea unless the MG/Game Worn Program serial numbered tag was removed (and destroyed) if this jersey is to be changed. Life is unpredictiable at best, you just never know where that jersey could end up in the future and pawned off as something it is not. (there's a free population report you can look up the serial #, but it's still a risk because not everyone knows this fact)

Edited by SJP20, 14 November 2011 - 06:41 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#46 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

You can wait to see if any GI jerseys will come out for this season?

The only real difference I see is that this years have the "reebok" on it instead of the symbol.

There are other GI from last year from 225-250 and size 56-58+ home and away.

I would rather get a replica over what I have seen of the new "authentic" jersey's myself as they seem rather crappy.

#47 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

You can wait to see if any GI jerseys will come out for this season?

The only real difference I see is that this years have the "reebok" on it instead of the symbol.

There are other GI from last year from 225-250 and size 56-58+ home and away.

I would rather get a replica over what I have seen of the new "authentic" jersey's myself as they seem rather crappy.

The indo-edge is still a great deal better than my replica.

#48 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Are you going to keep it? Try to return it an get something else? I saw Game Issued pre-season already listed so maybe you wont have to wait for a home current GI?

#49 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Are you going to keep it? Try to return it an get something else? I saw Game Issued pre-season already listed so maybe you wont have to wait for a home current GI?

I dont know what Im going to do. I think Im going to at least email EPS and try to get a refund. My issue is this: The indo edge is still better than premier, way better, but its clearly not the on ice product, so why are they selling it at that price point? Its bullsh!t. If they charged $150 for it I'd be happy.

#50 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Dis they get back to you?

#51 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

I don't think it is EP's fault, it is the NHL. They are the ones with the contract with reebok.

#52 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Not EP fault at all, but if they are unhappy with the jersery, and still has all the tags etx why not take It back? Kovy = easy to sell

#53 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Not EP fault at all, but if they are unhappy with the jersery, and still has all the tags etx why not take It back? Kovy = easy to sell

Because it's not always easy like that. EP doesn't have any kind of FAQ which is sort of dissapointing being that type of company.

Just guessing here from experience and an apparel seller. They will not take it back. That's pretty common among customizers as they do not want to be stuck re-selling something you had made up no matter who it is. EP is in the business of customizing, i.e. selling blank jerseys and customizing them, not selling already customized jerseys.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

I actually got nhl shop to give me a full refund on a customized jersey a couple years back.

#55 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

So I was wondering. I made my order to EP on October 27th. I did receive a confirmation email from Justin Kliebe. I don't remember he date however. They still haven't charged my card or anything some 3 weeks later. Is this normal?

Posted Image

#56 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

So I was wondering. I made my order to EP on October 27th. I did receive a confirmation email from Justin Kliebe. I don't remember he date however. They still haven't charged my card or anything some 3 weeks later. Is this normal?

If you are having a jersey customized then yeah probably. I don't think they have many people working there because whenever I call it seems to always be the same lady answering the phone and depending on what I ask I always get transferred to the guy who does the customizing and that's always the same guy, so they probably get pretty backed up with a lot of orders and few people to work on them.

Edited by devilsfan26, 18 November 2011 - 12:43 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#57 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

If you are having a jersey customized then yeah probably. I don't think they have many people working there because whenever I call it seems to always be the same lady answering the phone and depending on what I ask I always get transferred to the guy who does the customizing and that's always the same guy, so they probably get pretty backed up with a lot of orders and few people to work on them.

This was just a regular jersey purchase. But yea I know they don't charge you until your item is ready to be shipped out.

Posted Image

#58 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

This was just a regular jersey purchase. But yea I know they don't charge you until your item is ready to be shipped out.

Did you buy a blank jersey or are you buying a customized jersey? If it's just a blank jersey then I have no idea what the hold-up could be. Either way I would give them a call and ask for an update, their number is 815-877-8585.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#59 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Would you rather have an authentic 1.0 or an indo 2.0? EP emailed me back basically saying that people who have bought game worns and stripped them and re customized them are in jail now (LOL)

I have an email from them months ago where they told me I'd be getting an edge 1.0 and of course I ended up with an indo edge. Trying to decide whether or not I should press the issue.

#60 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Quick update. Jersey Express is selling indo edge 'authentics' for $189.99 +$49.99 for customization. A whole lot cheaper than EP. I emailed EP about this and I am hoping they will credit me or return the jersey for a 1.0. If they refuse I'll dispute the charge with my Amex.

EP is effectively ripping you off if you buy an indo edge from them at $250.

This is an email I got from a Jersey Express rep.

"The new 2012 jerseys are cheaper because they are made in Indonesia and the material is lighter so REEBOK lowered the prices. The 2012 jerseys are the jerseys that the players are wearing on ice right now."

We all know this isnt entirely true, but the fact that they acknowledge a difference in price and materials makes it even more alarming that EP is selling them as if they were the Canadian mades and pricing them as such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users