Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

I still miss O'lay. :unsure:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#22 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Best goal song in hockey. Most mentioned in this thread are terrible goal songs.

#23 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Tell ya what... we can stop using it when they start burning Michael Jackson albums in the middle of Times Square.

I do hate the "You Suck" addition, though. And unfortunately, it's infected the fans here in Albany as well.

+ 1000
No Mike wasnt convicted, but that is a case of people seeing with their hearts and not their eyes. He was let off because no one wanted it to be true.

#24 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

I do hate the "You Suck" addition, though. And unfortunately, it's infected the fans here in Albany as well.

Yep. Couldnt agree more.

Edited by Quinn01, 12 November 2011 - 06:42 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#25 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Michael Jackson was never convicted of anything. Theres lots of doubt as to what he did or didnt do. Many people believe he is innocent of what hes been accused of.

On the other hand, Glitter was convicted and did it again. There are no questions about his crimes.

Im not against it being used espc with the knowledge he's not receiving royalties, but Im not against changing it.

Oh, so that means he's innocent.

Oh, so that means he's guilty.

No questions huh...

If you are not too young, OJ Simpson was found "not guilty" of murdering two people, yet in a civil case got crushed.

Wake up man... For your own sake...

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

With michael Jackson they never found any concrete evidence except that he likes to hang around kids and he is pretty weird. All it basically came down to in both of his cases was he said she said sort of scenario. If you really look into the families of the two "victims" you will see they did not quite act like a family who would be upset that their kid was molested. They also had some fairly unsavory backgrounds themselves so in that case I would ask you not to rush to judgement because the media was quick to convict Michael.

OJ Simpson was different and they had all the evidence in hell and cochrane made a mockery of the court and whether you like it or not race was what got oj off the hook.

Just remember for every oj trial there is a duke lacross team case.

#27 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

omg you suck is so inappropriate and stupid

MAN UP.

#28 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

I missed it for the longest time when it was gone. When we scored against the Isles during that season opener a few years back and they played it again, I almost lost it. I love that song when the Devils score. It just feels right. I like being able to look up YouTube clips of the glory days and hearing the same song. It's nice, and I'd be heartbroken if we moved away from it again.

I grew up with it, and when I have a kid to share Devils' hockey with, I hope he gets to as well. I don't care what the artist did, that's not what the song was written about. Not to mention we were the first to use it in a sports setting.

Edited by Baggy Spandex, 14 November 2011 - 02:12 AM.

"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#29 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Change "You Suck" to "Let's Go" and we're fine. I wouldn't let my kids walk around the house saying "you suck", so to go to the games and hear it is annoying.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#30 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

I guess like every time this thread is up... a lot of people will come with their own idea of a good song...
And as they never work really well... i will also put my choice. It will never work as well but that's what i'm listening right now so...

Amon Amarth - Twilight of a Thunder God

I just realise that could work for Tampa... Damn !
Scratch my idea

Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound by the Devil !
Clawfinger - Bigger & the Best
Arch Enemy - We will rise
Iggy Pop - Search & destroy
Rammstein - Fire Frei

No ? Baaaa... ok ok...

#31 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Right now my favorites are Philly's (it pains me to say that but it's just a fun goal song)

If it's still Pennywise... I still get upset. But it's a tribute to the death of their friends in a car accident, and then later re-recorded for the death of their bass player, Jason Matthew Thirsk.

Reading online, the Flyers changed this year to Maria (I Like it Loud) - which I haven't heard.... so hopefully its that one :D

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#32 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

that doop song philly stole from their soccer team is horrible.

Rock and Roll Part 2 is great. Enough said. The songs people are posting have no flow, they wouldn't work at all.

#33 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

that doop song philly stole from their soccer team is horrible.

Rock and Roll Part 2 is great. Enough said. The songs people are posting have no flow, they wouldn't work at all.

Plus, besides San Jose's half-assed version of it, who else in the league uses it? I don't recall ever really hearing it this season elsewhere.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#34 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Plus, besides San Jose's half-assed version of it, who else in the league uses it? I don't recall ever really hearing it this season elsewhere.

Colorado and Dallas did. Dallas has something different this year, but I think Colorado still uses it.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#35 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Using Rev Theory's Hell Yeah wouldnt be so mad either. Fits the scheme and is catchy.

Posted Image

#36 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

I still want "Hot Hot Hot" Then we can all do the merengue. :dance:

#37 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Like doing Rangers Suck 4 times while down 2 goals last night?

Agree 100%

This has to stop, makes us look obsessed.

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#38 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

I guess like every time this thread is up... a lot of people will come with their own idea of a good song...
And as they never work really well... i will also put my choice. It will never work as well but that's what i'm listening right now so...

Amon Amarth - Twilight of a Thunder God

I just realise that could work for Tampa... Damn !
Scratch my idea

Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound by the Devil !
Clawfinger - Bigger & the Best
Arch Enemy - We will rise
Iggy Pop - Search & destroy
Rammstein - Fire Frei

No ? Baaaa... ok ok...

I like the way you prefaced your picks ... all in good fun.

I'll go with Powersurge, by Overkill, an eighties thrash metal band who just so happened to form in N.J. as well.

No? Baaaa.. ok ok...

:D

#39 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Like doing Rangers Suck 4 times while down 2 goals last night?

I think this is dumb as well. It was fun the first 150 times, now its just retarded...unless we are beating the other team by a few goals then its acceptable.

I also dont understand why we chant "you suck" when we get our first goal after being down by 3? Never made sense to me. I never chant "you suck" during a situation like that. Usually I substitute the "you" for "we"

Posted Image

#40 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

I think this is dumb as well. It was fun the first 150 times, now its just retarded...unless we are beating the other team by a few goals then its acceptable.

I do agree with this

I also dont understand why we chant "you suck" when we get our first goal after being down by 3? Never made sense to me. I never chant "you suck" during a situation like that.

And even this

Usually I substitute the "you" for "we"

But not this. If you're gonna argue that we shouldn't chant you suck because we should be more focused on celebrating the goal and cheering the team on, then you can't justify saying we suck, even if we're losing by a certain amount. We need people to cheer for the team, not against it. Not happy with their performance? You don't have to stand up and cheer and clap, just sit. It baffles me that fans of our own team would do that. I can deal with booing if the outing is particularly bad, but as sensitive as some people seem to be over chanting that other teams suck, I'm definitely sensitive towards turning a happy occasion, such as a goal for us, negative by saying we suck, I don't care if we're losing 10-0 at the time of the goal.

The simple solution to this all is: Don't like the "you suck", don't do it, just cheer and clap and do the "hey" portion. Don't like the "hey" song? Then cheer and clap and yell, easy as that.
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users