One Day at a Time

#2 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Niiiiiice I just hope he truly is at a complete recovery. lets gooooooo KOVY! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#3 Giroux8

Giroux8

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this, but I think that Kovy being out was a blessing in disguise. Well let me rephrase that, winning while Kovy was out. For the past couple seasons I have noticed that guys tend to try to force the puck to Kovy (understandably so) but one guy can't be all of the offense. I think the offensive success while he is out will be a big confidence booster for the team as well as taking some of that offensive pressure off of Kovy. That being said I think the team will be that much better once he is back in the line up. I can't wait to see him back in the line-up to see if my theory holds up.

#4 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this, but I think that Kovy being out was a blessing in disguise. Well let me rephrase that, winning while Kovy was out. For the past couple seasons I have noticed that guys tend to try to force the puck to Kovy (understandably so) but one guy can't be all of the offense. I think the offensive success while he is out will be a big confidence booster for the team as well as taking some of that offensive pressure off of Kovy. That being said I think the team will be that much better once he is back in the line up. I can't wait to see him back in the line-up to see if my theory holds up.

that, plus we can hope that Kovy was watching and noting how this team can win. hopefully now he may have more confidence with us and will try to get everyone involved.. but stilllll attacking the net

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

its true but the coach should adjust the players, i mean since Kovy is in NJ he showed that he wants to become a better playmaker and that he's not selfish at all...

so i think its unfair to blame Kovy for that cause im pretty sure he's not even asking for it, obviously he wants to make a difference but he's trying to make more plays that finishing

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

its true but the coach should adjust the players, i mean since Kovy is in NJ he showed that he wants to become a better playmaker and that he's not selfish at all...

so i think its unfair to blame Kovy for that cause im pretty sure he's not even asking for it, obviously he wants to make a difference but he's trying to make more plays that finishing

absolutely agree, if anything Kovy has been forcing passes to zach and company. he needs to just fire the puck

#7 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

:noclue:

No seriously, glad that he is healthy and back. I do hope that he was watching the games closely and taking notes. I hope he also saw that the team is ok without him and he should tone himself down and just do what he does best.....score.

Now also he should start to have his TOI decreased significantly. I am sure that didnt help his game.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#8 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Will be nice to have him back. It's odd watching the Devils play without him, despite the relatively short time he's been here.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#9 Giroux8

Giroux8

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Kovy whatsoever! I am more blaming the rest of the team. I understand when you are skating with a player like Kovy, you want to get him the puck. However, you also have to have confidence in yourself that in some situations it's better to make a different look or even keep it yourself. I think once Kovy is back in the lineup things are going to mesh much better and offensively we will catch fire!

#10 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this,

No shunning. Good points. True and hopefully the TEAM will emerge with Ilya in there instead of being too 1 man minded.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#11 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Boston is not exactly the type of team I want Kovalchuk coming back again. He tends to struggle against trap teams or good counterstrike offenses.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#12 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Boston is not exactly the type of team I want Kovalchuk coming back again. He tends to struggle against trap teams or good counterstrike offenses.

with a team that has won its last 5 games, and 4 of them in blowouts, we need all the offense we can get

#13 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, .... I don't think there is a team in the league I wouldn't WANT Ilya back in the lineup against.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#14 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

DeBoer said Kovy's not playing tonight against the Bruins as per TG's tweet.

#15 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

DeBoer said Kovy's not playing tonight against the Bruins as per TG's tweet.

Now TG said that he will be playing tonight.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#16 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Looks like game time decision (he wont play)
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#17 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'm glad he's coming back but he better not be playing on the same line as Zach kovy is a left wing and so is Zach plz put them on different lines

ajq8o1.png

#18 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

All this hubbub over a guy who has two goals, one at even strength. Put him on the grinder line!

#19 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

cmon.. knowing if kovy is returning is like a guessing game, i cant stand it. i know some of you will think different, but when Kovy comes back, I dont want to see him on Parise's line.

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

i'd rather not have him in the lineup, if Deboer wasnt sure he was ready this morning well i think it would be pushing to have him tnight... Groin injuries can easily get worst if you force them so i'd really rather play safe and without him today

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users