justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

all the best

http://prohockeytalk...was-so-special/
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#2 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

i saw him on NHL overtime on versus last night, but i was in bed and too lazy to get up and post.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

wow - tony amonte went to the tkachuk training school after retirement, huh.

and mac looks like mark wood. (don't google this guy if you are at work).

Edited by sundstrom, 15 November 2011 - 11:46 AM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Interesting. When they asked him for his analysis, did he just stand there and stare vacantly ahead?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#5 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Interesting. When they asked him for his analysis, did he just stand there and stare vacantly ahead?

Was he looking like he was about to cry?
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#6 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

I thought he did ok. Caught it in-progress so I wasn't 100% sure it was him at first.

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

:lol:

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

I saw him and Tommy Albelin at Shannon Rose bar in Clifton. Cool guy, made me feel jaded about wanting him fired. :rolleyes:
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

I'm so sad about the whole situation with MacLean. He was my favorite player as a young kid and I fear that the coaching debacle last year will tarnish his name even as a player in the minds of the fans. He really did put his time in with the organization and it'd be a shame for him to be seen as lesser than he was just because of last year.

#10 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

I wonder if he'll be spotted at Prudential during Nieds night.

#11 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

why do people act like he left the state and went into hiding

#12 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

This might be a dumb question but is MacLean's main residency even in New Jersey?

#13 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

This might be a dumb question but is MacLean's main residency even in New Jersey?

I believe so. Saw him on Friday afternoon at Aspen Ice in Randolph watching his son try out for the Delbarton Varsity team.

#14 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Because they're dopes. The same dopes who think the first half of 2010-11 was a one man clusterfvck (Toe Blake or friggin Scotty Bowman in their coaching primes wouldn't have helped that start). The same dopes that badger him for signing with the Rangers. The same dopes who never forgave him for asking for a trade.

Although a failure as a head coach, Mac was a great Devil. Next time i see him, i'll shake his hand and remind him there are still fans of this team who remember that.

Edited by SJP20, 21 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#15 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

Because they're dopes. The same dopes who think the first half of 2010-11 was a one man clusterfvck (Toe Blake or friggin Scotty Bowman in their coaching primes wouldn't have helped that start). The same dopes that badger him for signing with the Rangers. The same dopes who never forgave him for asking for a trade.

Although a failure as a head coach, Mac was a great Devil. Next time i see him, i'll shake his hand and remind him there are still fans of this team who remember that.

Good post. I used to get mad at guys like Johnny Mac or Bruce Driver for ending up with the Rangers at the ends of their careers. But now that I'm older, and have a house and kid of my own, I understand that if they have to go somewhere, they oughta stay local so as to not uproot everyone and everything they care about. You can say, "well that's why they make millions" or "that's how pro sports works and they chose to do that for a living", but when you have the option to stay somewhat local, you can't blame them for taking it.

#16 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

I met him and Tommy Albelin at Shannon Rose in Clifton, of course I shooked hands and introduced myself. Not sure if I said my name or not, it was happy hour at the time. :beerbang:
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users