Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

To me the list of relocation cities would be

1.Quebec
2.Kansas City
3.Hamilton
5.Seattle
5.Hartford

seriously not Canada biased just where i think it would make more sense for now

Seattle is not going to happen. They'd have had a team years ago. They dont have a hockey-ready arena and they're not building one anytime soon.

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Seattle is not going to happen. They'd have had a team years ago. They dont have a hockey-ready arena and they're not building one anytime soon.

Yah but i dont think we should see that much relocations to make it happen to that point anyway

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

I would rather see the team go North. I wouldnt mind seeing a team in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire area. The yotes have always called me for some reason. They are on my top 5 teams in the NHL. Not really sure why though. :unsure:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#24 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

fvck Canada, spread the game in AMERICA. SEATTLE FOR NEXT NHL TEAM.

Do you say anything intelligent? Winnipeg just bailed the NHL out of a bleeding franchise. There is a possibility that Quebec could do the same thing.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#25 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Do you say anything intelligent? Winnipeg just bailed the NHL out of a bleeding franchise. There is a possibility that Quebec could do the same thing.

In all reality, a STRONG possibility. They have not just shown an interest in having a team (minus the fact that its a LARGE Canadian city aka hockey town) but they have shown an interest within the NHL, to the point to show up at OUR games.

They do deserve it. Its all about revenue. Where will make the most money not just for the team but for the NHL overall.

Ontario wouldnt be a bad choice either.........

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#26 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Maine..seriously? Where do people come up with this sh!t

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,055 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

15,176 would mean some lean years and I still don't see the corporate support in Quebec. There really isn't much industry other then natural resources in the Quebec region.

They're drawing 4-5 thousand less than that in Phoenix. If they can sell out a bad Winnipeg team for five years, they can sell out Quebec.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Maine..seriously? Where do people come up with this sh!t

Dude.......the team that we are talking about here thats most likely moving's AHL team....are you ready for this....is in Maine. :rolleyes:

Yet again...thanks for playing.

Posted Image

#29 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I would rather see the team go North. I wouldnt mind seeing a team in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire area. The yotes have always called me for some reason. They are on my top 5 teams in the NHL. Not really sure why though. :unsure:

Vermont is definitely out. Not enough people in Burlington or anywhere else in the state to support a team.

The only logical place I can think to put a team in New Hampshire is Manchester, and they're close enough to Boston that the Bruins would block it. Manchester does a good enough job of supporting UNH hockey and the AHL's Monarchs (Kings affiliate), but I don't know if there's enough people there to sustain a NHL franchise, even considering that you'd draw from all over NH, southern Maine, and probably northern Massachusetts. Besides, the Verizon Wireless Arena seats just under 10,000 for hockey and I don't know how expandable it is. It's also too young to be replaced; it opened 10 years ago yesterday (according to Wikipedia).

Maine is also out. Portland's probably the best place to put a team (as they host the AHL's Pirates), and, well, forget about it. They're very resistant to change in Maine, especially if their tax money pays for said change; in the election last week the voters of Cumberland County finally approved bonds for renovation of their aging arena (built in the late '70s, holds about 6700 for hockey), and even that was a surprise. The only way you'd get an arena suitable for the NHL is if someone came in and funded the entire project themselves. Also, Portland might be far enough away from Boston that the Bruins wouldn't object (but don't count on it), but the population is too small for a team anyway.

If you were going to put a second team in New England with the Bruins' approval, I would go with (in order):
- either Boston itself or Worcester
- Providence
- Hartford
- Manchester

All pending new or upgraded arenas, of course.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#30 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Dude.......the team that we are talking about here thats most likely moving's AHL team....are you ready for this....is in Maine. :rolleyes:

Yet again...thanks for playing.

Supporting an AHL franchise and an NHL franchise are apples to oranges.

#31 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

I think Houston could be a good possibility. I know Les Alexander has inquired about moving a team down there. Houston is one of America's biggest cities and it will have an owner that is willing to spend money. Dallas is a good example of how there will be fans if you win.

#32 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Atlanta :P

What about San fran?

#33 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Atlanta :P

What about San fran?

Sharks

#34 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Seattle. I know there's some issues in the way...but if an nhl ready arena was available they'd have no problems filling it and it would create some rivalries for sure.

Edited by adam85491, 16 November 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#35 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Maybe this is out of left field, but didn't there used to be talk of a possible franchise moving to Portland?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#36 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but any reason Minnesota or a surrounding area couldn't support another team? Or Michigan?
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#37 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

The NHL needs west cost - mid west teams

I say Portland or Seattle, though the most supportive hockey metro area/arena: Spokane/Coeur d'Alene.

Spokane Chiefs had one of the highest attendance records and top sports support
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by HOLLYWOOD, 16 November 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#38 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

If it's going to be the US I hope for Seattle. But I really would like to see the NHL make it good with Quebec.
Posted Image Posted Image

#39 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

If it's going to be the US I hope for Seattle. But I really would like to see the NHL make it good with Quebec.

Possibly being posted to Victoria in the future, I would love for Seattle to get a team but they don't have an arena capable of supporting an NHL franchise, to my knowledge.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#40 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

The NHL needs west cost - mid west teams

I say Portland or Seattle, though the most supportive hockey metro area/arena: Spokane/Coeur d'Alene.

Spokane Chiefs had one of the highest attendance records and top sports support
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The Portland Pirates are in Maine.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users