#21 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

Rangers fvcking suck.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Seriously -- why did I bother to reply to have it pushed out with the astute observation above :doh1:

I'm here for the party

#23 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

The Rags have a good team...no doubt, but every year in late Oct/Nov into Dec they play great and seem to be a top team......then the holidays come and after new years they are spent and play .500 and go on a losing streak near the end of the season..........just watch.

They have a very good coach in John Tortorella. He is an excellent team builder and if they buy into his system and his ways, this team can go far...

#24 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Rangers suck! Flyers swallow!

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:00 AM

They've definitely made themselves into a better team since ridding themselves of Gomez and Drury, without signing huge contracts to mediocre players, they put themselves in a better position no matter what else happens. They're defense, while young, is getting better, but without Staal, I think they'll falter eventually, as they really don't have anyone past Girardi who's truly proven themselves to be reliable.

As for their offense, it's far harder working and less buy a fading star player like than in past years. Adding Richards is definitely a boost for Gaborik who had a year even worse than Kovy's last year, but even with those two, the emergence of Stepan and Callahan being like a baby switched at birth that was meant for the Devils, yet somehow finding his way to the Rags, they're still lacking a bit as far in the department of top end talent.

So the bottom line for me is that they're a much better team than in the past, but they're still one or two steps away from being a "top tier" team in the Eastern Conference. We've all seen the Rags make hot starts and fall off as the year goes on and Torts wears on their minds, but I believe they can definitely make the playoffs this year, not in the top 4, but they can really challenge for the 5-8 spots.

My prediction: They make the playoffs, but it'll be a first round exit for them.

#26 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

They have some good, big, young players who are just starting to come into their own. If they can keep this group together, I think they have something there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users