262 replies to this topic

#221 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Henrique is a monster. Absolute monster.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#222 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Henrique is a monster. Absolute monster.

To add to that .....

Henrique: 14GP, 4G, 6A, 10PTs, 5th amongst all rookies and 3 less games played (highest is Nugent-Hopkins/Smith with 14 pts in 17GP)
In the last 8GP, Henrique has 9 pts.

The only one keeping up with Henrique is Matt Read with the same stats and games played. Should be interesting how the rookie race pans out if Henrique continues to perform.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/rookies.htm

#223 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

To add to that .....

Henrique: 14GP, 4G, 6A, 10PTs, 5th amongst all rookies and 3 less games played (highest is Nugent-Hopkins/Smith with 14 pts in 17GP)
In the last 8GP, Henrique has 9 pts.

The only one keeping up with Henrique is Matt Read with the same stats and games played. Should be interesting how the rookie race pans out if Henrique continues to perform.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/rookies.htm

Does Enroth count as a rookie too? I don't remember the eligibility requirement for a goalie, I know it's 25 games or fewer for forwards.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#224 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Overall Devils were awesome tonight. AWESOME. This is the team that we have all been waiting to break out. I hope this team remains for the rest of the season.

Parise....was a monster tonight. Made great decisions, put his stick where it needed to be, threw the body, and was all round the best player.

Marty was ON HIS GAME. He showed he still has it, showed that he is the future goaltneder HOF'er that he is. He was on fire.

Larsson made some dumb passes and mistakes, that comes with the territory of a rookie.

Henrique was pretty good. Made some smart plays.

Clarkson was also strong tonight and played a great game.

I am happy with the team that played tonight. I hope it keeps up.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#225 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

Larsson needs to relax and just play.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#226 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Henrique is leading at rookies on faceoffs... not that there's many lol but still, also 5th in pts among them

www.SterioDesign.com

#227 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Parise....was a monster tonight. Made great decisions, put his stick where it needed to be, threw the body, and was all round the best player.

I actually think Parise's inability to pass or receive passes was a big negative to his play tonight. A bunch of missed opportunities due to this.

His line gave up an enormous number of shots tonight. Bad passing and bad receiving of passes hampered getting shots and a rookie and a gimpy player hampered preventing shots.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#228 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Well were beating a pretty awful buffalo team with its backup goalie. This is what you're supposed to do to teams like this. I'll take the win but not jumping for joy...although the game doesn't seem to be over just yet. Bad.give away.

awful buffalo team with its backup goalie? Their backup has been 6-0 in the last 6 starts hes had and we lit him up. You should be jumping for joy as the rest of us....There was a playoff worthy team that was on the ice tonight for the Devils.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#229 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm thrilled with 9-7-1 myself. It's a team in transition with injuries to boot...how much better did you expect them to be?

9-7-1 WITH the brutal schedule we've had to start the season. We've been playing high caliber teams almost every night. We're finally heading into an easier stretch with non-playoff teams, which we really haven't seen at all this season. I think our record will look much better in a few weeks time.

#230 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

awful buffalo team with its backup goalie? Their backup has been 6-0 in the last 6 starts hes had and we lit him up. You should be jumping for joy as the rest of us....There was a playoff worthy team that was on the ice tonight for the Devils.

About ten people already told him this. He's just a troll. Everyone should just put him on ignore and stop trying to talk sense into him.

#231 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

9-7-1 WITH the brutal schedule we've had to start the season. We've been playing high caliber teams almost every night. We're finally heading into an easier stretch with non-playoff teams, which we really haven't seen at all this season. I think our record will look much better in a few weeks time.

It'll be interesting to see how the Devils do. I agree with you, the Devils should make some hay during this stretch of easier teams and the teams record will look better, even if the actual play of the team just stays the same.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#232 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Good: we are sitting at 8th and special teams finally did something
Bad: I am sick of the win one- lose one and I hope they can stretch their winning streak longer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#233 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

it really was a strong game put together from us. the end got a little shaky but we looked strong.

you could see parise and kovy trying to make plays together. although some of their passes missed, they are trying to blend. i liked what i saw from both of them, honestly.

carter played awful

henrique was a beast, we all know that. night after night.

great stuff from brodeur too

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#234 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

This was a good bounce back game from last night. They beat a really good Buffalo team who was playing a goalie on a serious hot streak. There were alot of positives to this game. Netting five against Buffalo (who is more of a defensive team)is a really good sign. I also like the balanced scoring we are getting. Our top three goal scorers are Elias, Parise, and Clarkson. All of those guys play on different lines. Marty probably played his best game of the season tonight which is great to see. And Kovy (even though he was a bit rusty) looked solid. That goal of his was a play he used to score a lot of goals for the thrashers, and its nice to see him snipping again.

#235 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

That was a great one!
Posted Image Posted Image

#236 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

This game was well worth watching on the DVR until 3 AM despite the fact I'm ready to pass out. It may not always be pretty but I've really enjoyed watching this team this year. Really happy to see Henrique go from juniors to the AHL to NHL and have success early on.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#237 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

While there have been some rough spots, this year has been much better than last and much more fun to watch.
Posted Image Posted Image

#238 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

We played as a team tonight with excitement and Marty had a good game. Great team win.

#239 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

Great game Devils! Glad to get some reward for some really good play.

#240 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Good: we are sitting at 8th and special teams finally did something
Bad: I am sick of the win one- lose one and I hope they can stretch their winning streak longer.

Or look at it this way: they've managed to at least avoid the big losing streak (I admit I thought one might be coming). They've also avoided the kind of start that buried them last season. I don't know how good they are yet, but anytime you're 9-7-1 with only four regulation wins in 17 GP, you have to take it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users